• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The de facto de Blasio sucks thread...

"But the city is set to spend more to defend Mr. de Blasio in the investigations: A new contract will be filed with the city comptroller for outside counsel to spend more on the federal inquiry, City Hall officials said Wednesday, beyond the $10 million contract filed last year. They decline to provide the amount until the new contract has been filed."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/nyregion/de-blasio-fund-raising-investigation.html?_r=1

So it's okay for the City to spend money to defend de Blasio but not give debt relief on the GAL site?

Jesus I couldn't find this thread because of all the shitty music references. Anyways here's some real news.

Queens Boro Prez just said she wants to consider a soccer or hockey stadium in Willets Point.

NYCFC vs. Islanders. IT'S WAR!

Reactions: Kjbert
I was browsing NYCFC sub-reddit when I thought to myself, "I need to go to the bathroom to take a dump," but in the same moment I saw a thread about these tweets. I immediately opened a new tab and came here to see if anyone mentioned it yet.

Overall, I think Willets Point could be a great location. There's more than enough space for a properly sized stadium (and parking), the VanWyck, GCP and Northern Blvd surround it, there's the LIRR and 7 train at Mets-Willets Point (express service on game days), and for visiting fans/opponent supporters, it's just a few minutes from LaGuardia.

There's also the added benefit of sticking it to the Mets by building our own stadium right next door. Don't get me wrong, the GAL/anywhere near Yankee Stadium is still my top choice, but this could be a very strong second contender. I think it's a significantly better option than LIC.

I still need to poo.

I was browsing NYCFC sub-reddit when I thought to myself, "I need to go to the bathroom to take a dump," but in the same moment I saw a thread about these tweets. I immediately opened a new tab and came here to see if anyone mentioned it yet.

Overall, I think Willets Point could be a great location. There's more than enough space for a properly sized stadium (and parking), the VanWyck, GCP and Northern Blvd surround it, there's the LIRR and 7 train at Mets-Willets Point (express service on game days), and for visiting fans/opponent supporters, it's just a few minutes from LaGuardia.

There's also the added benefit of sticking it to the Mets by building our own stadium right next door. Don't get me wrong, the GAL/anywhere near Yankee Stadium is still my top choice, but this could be a very strong second contender. I think it's a significantly better option than LIC.

I still need to poo.

There's enough space to add retail and make it a waterfront destination as well. It could be a great project for CFG to push as a neighborhood revitalization. As a nice bonus, you forgot to add the air train will also go there as well.

The only hiccup is I believe the land is already slated to be used as a parking lot while LaGuardia's remodel is completed and their parking lot is a construction zone. So, if they do go that route, it could be a while. Plenty of time to finish that dump of yours I suppose.

Reactions: Kjbert and QuazyPat
Hey Seth can we see if RBA and either Barclays or Nassau Coliseum (or similar sized arena) can BOTH fit in Willets Point? That would be interesting, you'd have a baseball, soccer, hockey (with basketball option St Johns!), and tennis all situated right next to each other. A sporting destination of sorts.

I'm not a huge fan of building a stadium right next to another bigger, more famous, stadium but I guess I'll take what I can get.

What's the commute killer effect of a Willets Point stadium on current STH?

Reactions: Kjbert