Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey Seth Seth can we see if RBA and either Barclays or Nassau Coliseum (or similar sized arena) can BOTH fit in Willets Point? That would be interesting, you'd have a baseball, soccer, hockey (with basketball option St Johns!), and tennis all situated right next to each other. A sporting destination of sorts.

Which every city but us seems to have. I understand logistics and old world and density etc, but I feel like every market but us has an "athletic complex" of some sort. One of the main reasons I loved GAL. Two stadiums separated by a beautiful park in the middle. It would look glorious.

I'd take that in Queens.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and adam
I think most northern burbs folks will be okay with it. Bronx, Manhattan, and Queens North are all A-OK for us. It takes Metro North out of the equation, but its not a killer when it comes to getting there easily. Brooklyn or Queens South? Forget it. You won't catch me dead trying to drive south of the GCP.

What's the commute killer effect of a Willets Point stadium on current STH?

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
I think most northern burbs folks will be okay with it. Bronx, Manhattan, and Queens North are all A-OK for us. It takes Metro North out of the equation, but its not a killer when it comes to getting there easily. Brooklyn or Queens South? Forget it. You won't catch me dead trying to drive south of the GCP.
Westchester train commuters would be screwed as well.

Reactions: Kjbert
Hey Seth Seth can we see if RBA and either Barclays or Nassau Coliseum (or similar sized arena) can BOTH fit in Willets Point? That would be interesting, you'd have a baseball, soccer, hockey (with basketball option St Johns!), and tennis all situated right next to each other. A sporting destination of sorts.
CitiFieldStadiumComplex.png

How about a new NFL stadium for the Jets, a hockey stadium for the Islanders, and an NYCFC stadium?
You may be kidding but a stadium district would be amazing. Seattle and Philly are excellent examples of how it could end up.

You'd have the USTA, MLB and MLS stadiums there, why not just move the NFL there too? The Jets played at Shea Stadium before anyways.

Jets have about another 25 years to breakeven in NJ before that could be a reality.

While I still think this is a big nothing burger, I'd rather have politicians back this site than not. Coming from Westchester, this would be great. I have never taken the train to a home match and could see how this could turn people off.

Reactions: adam
Jets have about another 25 years to breakeven in NJ before that could be a reality.

While I still think this is a big nothing burger, I'd rather have politicians back this site than not. Coming from Westchester, this would be great. I have never taken the train to a home match and could see how this could turn people off.

We need boroughs fighting each other to get our stadium location...

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
No because they'll have to tear down that entire neighborhood to make room for parking lots. The empanadas will be served in the stadiums.
Idk how familiar you are with the situation but they are tearing down that entire neighborhood.

It doesn't even have a sewage system and it needs a lot of environmental cleanup. Having people live there would be a disaster. Stadiums are probably the best bet to be completely honest.

This area is literally Gatsby's Valley of Ashes.

Idk how familiar you are with the situation but they are tearing down that entire neighborhood.

It doesn't even have a sewage system and it needs a lot of environmental cleanup. Having people live there would be a disaster. Stadiums are probably the best bet to be completely honest.

This area is literally Gatsby's Valley of Ashes.
Environmental Superfund Sites don't keep people from living there, just look at the Gowanus Canal neighborhoods....:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: