Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1) Getting anywhere in New York is miserable.
2) If you are worried about this site and live north of the city, drive. Very few places up here where you don't need a car. It's an easy ride.

Thank you for saying #2. I know you're a Westchester guy, so it means more coming from you. I'm a LI guy and it takes me 3 hours round trip by public transportation (LIRR + subway) to get to YS. And 45 mins each way to drive w/o traffic. So most the time I drive. I don't consider it a huge issue to get to a match as it stands now and you won't ever hear any LI people bitching about it. I haven't read complaint on this board... Time for Westchester people to man up as well. If we have a beautiful new SSS in Willets Point with parking for tailgating, that's a HUGE win for us! Enjoy it and drive down for the tailgate with the rest of us :) first burger and beer on me.

Thank you for saying #2. I know you're a Westchester guy, so it means more coming from you. I'm a LI guy and it takes me 3 hours round trip by public transportation (LIRR + subway) to get to YS. And 45 mins each way to drive w/o traffic. So most the time I drive. I don't consider it a huge issue to get to a match as it stands now and you won't ever hear any LI people bitching about it. I haven't read complaint on this board... Time for Westchester people to man up as well. If we have a beautiful new SSS in Willets Point with parking for tailgating, that's a HUGE win for us! Enjoy it and drive down for the tailgate with the rest of us :) first burger and beer on me.

Of course. There are places that you just can't get to in NYC. Anywhere in Staten Island or Brooklyn is impossible to get to for most people. I have no problem driving to YS or Citi Field.

Unless you live in Stamford, there really isn't anywhere north of the City where you can get away with not having a car.

Reactions: adam
Reaction in this thread indicates to me that the team is already established as Bronx based. They should stay.

Reactions: Kjbert
Just wanted to put this here. I went to a la liga deportiva Alajuense game today to watch my host brother play. (Same team that Matarita played for) And since we love to complain about legends food, I'll just say I bought a burrito and a water in the stadium for 2,000 colones which equates to about $4.
IMG_4444.JPG

Last edited:
Just wanted to put this here. I went to a la liga deportiva Alajuense game today to watch my host brother play. (Same team that Matarita played for) And since we love to complain about legends food, I'll just say I bought a burrito and a water in the stadium for 2,000 colones which equates to about $4.
View attachment 6419
2,000 colones but only one of them will be feeling the burn tonight.
I'm sorry I couldn't resist
giphy.gif

You think? Or the Westchester/Bronx crowd just complains more?
This!

I think the complaining about commute from Brooklyn/Queens to Willets is purely psychological. It's a long commute to Bronx or Willets, but psychologically it feels more frustrating because Willets seems nearer. Of course, when the stadium is built, I think that goes away too and it's just a commute.

As for the North of city crowd, it was already said for me:
I'm a LI guy and it takes me 3 hours round trip
Time for Westchester people to man up

The best part about a Willets Point stadium is the fact that it will be surrounded by working class. Roosevelt Avenue, Corona, College Point, Whitestone, Flushing, Bayside. The setup is there to have a successfull team based on local demographics alone.

Reactions: adam
The best part about a Willets Point stadium is the fact that it will be surrounded by working class. Roosevelt Avenue, Corona, College Point, Whitestone, Flushing, Bayside. The setup is there to have a successfull team based on local demographics alone.

Kid, I think that may have been the first logical and salient point you've ever made on this board. I'm proud of you. Our little baby's all growns up!

View attachment 6419
You know what? Screw all this endless talk about stadium location. All I want is go to a match and be able to settle in with nice pie and a Guinness.
meatpie.jpg

This!

I think the complaining about commute from Brooklyn/Queens to Willets is purely psychological. It's a long commute to Bronx or Willets, but psychologically it feels more frustrating because Willets seems nearer. Of course, when the stadium is built, I think that goes away too and it's just a commute.

As for the North of city crowd, it was already said for me:
It's a marginally shorter commute for me from Clinton Hill in BK, and I would think anybody who lives off the G.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I want it to feel more like these boards, surrounded by lawyers. Nobody wants those working class stiffs around!

You know what? Screw all this endless talk about stadium location. All I want is go to a match and be able to settle in with nice pie and a Guinness.
meatpie.jpg

Then we'll miss you when you move to England. I hope you check in from time to time

Reactions: Seth and adam
Then we'll miss you when you move to England. I hope you check in from time to time
Well there are some pies here in New York. There's Myers of Keswick down on Hudson Street. There's also Dub Pies in Brooklyn (although technically they're somehow Australian pies). Maybe I can lobby Dub Pies to park their truck near Yankee Stadium on match days.

You blokes'll all thank me when I do.

Well there are some pies here in New York. There's Myers of Keswick down on Hudson Street. There's also Dub Pies in Brooklyn (although technically they're somehow Australian pies). Maybe I can lobby Dub Pies to park their truck near Yankee Stadium on match days.

You blokes'll all thank me when I do.
Since the empanadas are now nada, I would gladly buy pies to take into the stadium!