Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Idk how familiar you are with the situation but they are tearing down that entire neighborhood.

It doesn't even have a sewage system and it needs a lot of environmental cleanup. Having people live there would be a disaster. Stadiums are probably the best bet to be completely honest.

This area is literally Gatsby's Valley of Ashes.
Are you saying we should put an empanada shop in the middle of our parking lot? Because I don't know how I feel about that.

A sports complex would be ideal from a marketing perspective, as well as an economic perspective. Having multiple venues share the cost and usage of parking and other infrastructure makes a stadium much more viable. I don't see any independent, stand alone stadium being viable for a 17 event per year club if we have to pay for the parking infrastructure and don't have a bunch of other events to utilize those garages.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
There's one option we've failed to give serious consideration to. The Ferdinand von Zepplin memorial stadium concept or the Igor Sikorsky memorial stadium concept. Something like what I attached.

Basically if we need to think outside of the box, lets think really outside of the box, I wonder if the spire of the Empire State Building can still work as a sky anchor; with enough modification.

Attachments

• IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 18
There's one option we've failed to give serious consideration to. The Ferdinand von Zepplin memorial stadium concept or the Igor Sikorsky memorial stadium concept. Something like what I attached.

Basically if we need to think outside of the box, lets think really outside of the box, I wonder if the spire of the Empire State Building can still work as a sky anchor; with enough modification.
Wrong. We considered it on p. 58:
They should build it hanging from guidewires from the Empire state building. Mass transit via Zeppelin

giphy.gif

Can someone explain to me why I've seen so many negative responses regarding the lack of access to the site? Are there few transportation options or is it just not easily accessible from everywhere as opposed to a Bronx/Yankee Stadium location?
Seeing a lot of people saying it would be a 3 hour round trip commute.

Reactions: Kjbert
Can someone explain to me why I've seen so many negative responses regarding the lack of access to the site? Are there few transportation options or is it just not easily accessible from everywhere as opposed to a Bronx/Yankee Stadium location?
From Brooklyn it's a total bitch to get to. Gotta go into Manhattan first and then back out to the far end of Queens. A very timely commute.

Alternatively, the Bronx is reachable by two different subway lines (with lots of others feeding those two) fromBrooklyn.

The northern suburb people who take the Metro North trains would be hit the hardest and it could be 3 hours. Long Island suburbs would see travel time shortened considerably. Most of Manhattan would have a longer trip but nothing unbearable. Brooklyn could be bad depending on where. There are even parts of Queens where this would be a haul but so is the Bronx. All of the above is assuming mass transit. Driving to that part of Queens from the north burbs is meaningfullybut not substantially less convenient than the Bronx.

I got an hour and twenty minutes each way when I mapped it during the week, which means it'll probably be three hours round trip on weekends for me as well.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich

1) Getting anywhere in New York is miserable.
2) If you are worried about this site and live north of the city, drive. Very few places up here where you don't need a car. It's an easy ride.