Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've never had a pie before. I've heard they are awful.

That being said, it seems impossible to screw up ground beef, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy in a pie crust.

Well there are some pies here in New York. There's Myers of Keswick down on Hudson Street. There's also Dub Pies in Brooklyn (although technically they're somehow Australian pies). Maybe I can lobby Dub Pies to park their truck near Yankee Stadium on match days.

You blokes'll all thank me when I do.
My personal fave has always been Tuck Shop (Chelsea Markets + East Village). No truck tho, presumably because they're debating whether "Tuck Truck" would be lame or brilliant.

Tuck shop is also Australian, as was the now defunct pie face. Is NYC pie culture really Melbourne city lite??
Seems like it is. Great bar/restaurant with pies was Sheep Station in Brooklyn, speaking of Australia. Closed last summer, which is a bummer, but it's reopened under the name The Douglass with a similar menu (although I haven't been to the new place yet). If you want British though perhaps The Atlantic Chip Shop is the place (also in Brooklyn). Really good shepherd's pie (cottage pie, really). Pie Face was good, too. Not make-a-special-trip good, but good if you happened to walk by and were hungry.

I've never had a pie before. I've heard they are awful.

That being said, it seems impossible to screw up ground beef, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy in a pie crust.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
Seems like it is. Great bar/restaurant with pies was Sheep Station in Brooklyn, speaking of Australia. Closed last summer, which is a bummer, but it's reopened under the name The Douglass with a similar menu (although I haven't been to the new place yet). If you want British though perhaps The Atlantic Chip Shop is the place (also in Brooklyn). Really good shepherd's pie (cottage pie, really). Pie Face was good, too. Not make-a-special-trip good, but good if you happened to walk by and were hungry.
Yep, the Atlantic Chip Shop is first class! They have another location in Park Slope.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
They have another location in Park Slope.
Yeah, unfortunately the Park Slope location is now closed. But the Atlantic Avenue one is still going strong. To be honest, I wouldn't mind watching away matches there if we ever needed an auxiliary location.

Yeah, unfortunately the Park Slope location is now closed. But the Atlantic Avenue one is still going strong. To be honest, I wouldn't mind watching away matches there if we ever needed an auxiliary location.
Didn't know that about park slope. Kinda surprised really, because there is a good size ex-pat community in the slope.

Just tried the Atlantic Chip Shop a couple weeks ago, awesome place. Only complaint is I saw RB swag and none of ours!

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
Here's some interesting (indirect) stadium news: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...clays-center-said-to-be-dumping-the-islanders

Two relevant quotes from the article:
"The arena, which is already home to the NBA’s Nets and one of the world’s top-grossing concert venues, would make more money without the National Hockey League team, according to people familiar with the facility’s financials."

"In July, Bloomberg News reported that Ledecky and Malkin were considering building a new arena adjacent to Citi Field in Queens. Prokhorov now owns the team’s former home, the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, but the owners paid a hefty premium for the team in 2014 based on the pending move to New York City. They have shown no interest in returning to Long Island."

Here's some interesting (indirect) stadium news: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...clays-center-said-to-be-dumping-the-islanders

Two relevant quotes from the article:
"The arena, which is already home to the NBA’s Nets and one of the world’s top-grossing concert venues, would make more money without the National Hockey League team, according to people familiar with the facility’s financials."

"In July, Bloomberg News reported that Ledecky and Malkin were considering building a new arena adjacent to Citi Field in Queens. Prokhorov now owns the team’s former home, the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, but the owners paid a hefty premium for the team in 2014 based on the pending move to New York City. They have shown no interest in returning to Long Island."

Ha! I just came on to post the same thing. Now on top of everything we competition for stadium locations. Unless of course we could share Willets Point and the costs associated. Could make a lot of sense.

Reactions: Seth and Kjbert