• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This!

I think the complaining about commute from Brooklyn/Queens to Willets is purely psychological. It's a long commute to Bronx or Willets, but psychologically it feels more frustrating because Willets seems nearer. Of course, when the stadium is built, I think that goes away too and it's just a commute.

As for the North of city crowd, it was already said for me:

For the most part I agree, one minor argument for the subway riders would be that the willets point location makes you dependent on a single train line with only the 7 going there, if anything goes wrong you've got issues where as the current bronx site has more lines allowing for a back up plan when the inevitable weekend construction work or unplanned issues happen.

The willets point shared stadium seems very possible now. Soccer, hockey, baseball, and tennis in one location!
Is that practical? Would be an indoor stadium or one with a retractable roof (add-on A LOT of money) with the additional sports it would mean not ideal sight lines for us or for the other sports.
I get the Falcons/ATLU stadium as its same size for both sports when end zone is factored in. Don't get it for baseball/hockey.

Is that practical? Would be an indoor stadium or one with a retractable roof (add-on A LOT of money) with the additional sports it would mean not ideal sight lines for us or for the other sports.
I get the Falcons/ATLU stadium as its same size for both sports when end zone is factored in. Don't get it for baseball/hockey.

No, two separate stadiums or that combination of two stadiums in one building like in Russia

Reactions: Kjbert and adam

Practically I agree, but in NYC I highly doubt a one-sport stadium gets approved. A multi-sport stadium is probably what will get approved.

Reactions: adam and NYCFC_Dan
I think he meant shared location, not stadium. Four different venues sharing infrastructure.

With the land that is being set aside for development, there is more than enough space for both an NYCFC stadium and an Islanders Arena.

If the two could cooperate for parking and infrastructure, that would save both teams (and the city) a ton of dough

Reactions: Ulrich
Is Willets Point now the most probable location or is that still GAL?

1. There doesn't seem to be opposition to Willets Point like GAL has going for it, from a political perspective. In fact, we've leaned the opposite; Willets Point wants us and/or Hockey

2. As mentioned previously, the Isles are now searching for a home again.

3. As also mentioned, it makes much more sense to build a 2 sport complex (under one roof, or next to each other) for a multitude of reasons. Especially in NYC where land is at a premium.

4. The Isles would NEVER play in the Bronx, even if there was room for it.

5. Willets Point is actually right next to the original location that the MLS wanted to put "NY2" all those years ago, pre-NYCFC and the USTA mucking it all up.

Questions:

1. Can CFG and Ledecki get along?
2. Ed Mangano just made an statement he wants the Isles back in Nassau County. That doesn't preclude NYCFC taking WP for itself, but it loses some of the bonuses of a 2 sport complex.
3. Would the Mets and/or USTA try to block it?
4. Does NYCFC want to go to WP? Or, are they much farther along with GAL or Fresh Direct that they are letting on.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things here, but that's the gist of it.

A serious question about the hockey/soccer stadium. Does the seats wrap around the entire field? Or does the photo that we see actually look like what it looks like inside with the cutoff?

Reactions: Kjbert
A serious question about the hockey/soccer stadium. Does the seats wrap around the entire field? Or does the photo that we see actually look like what it looks like inside with the cutoff?

They would wrap. Just to show us the interior.

They would wrap. Just to show us the interior.
An updated shot of the arena under construction:

vtb_arena301.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
With the land that is being set aside for development, there is more than enough space for both an NYCFC stadium and an Islanders Arena.

If the two could cooperate for parking and infrastructure, that would save both teams (and the city) a ton of dough
Why haven't I see a google image with stadium renders on top?

WFAN is talking all about the Islanders/Barclays situation, with related discussion of Willets Point and sports arenas and stadia in the metro area generally. I don't think they've mentioned either NYCFC, or RBA. The Bloomberg reporter who wrote about the situation is coming on as a guest sometime this morning.