Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Belmont is on the LI - Queens border (but really the LI side) of the cross island expressway. It's a race track. Horse racing. Belmont stakes (third part of the triple crown). But not where we need a NYCFC SSS

Edit: can we do a forums meetup for curling???
The only thing that may beat this curling revelation is if a bunch of forum posters admit they dress up and go on organized fox hunts with beagles and bugles.

[granted, with the level of drinking displayed...]
giphy.gif

The only thing that may beat this curling revelation is if a bunch of forum posters admit they dress up and go on organized fox hunts with beagles and bugles.

[granted, with the level of drinking displayed...]
giphy.gif

If we can get more curlers than poker players the intern will have no clue how to explain this to his higher ups.

Finishing touches being put on the Orlando stadium. My friend has season tickets and got a tour today. He said that there is still construction. The stadium isn't done. Field/seating is finished but still construction outside and inside. Said from the looks of it they'll be cutting it close. The outside photo is the main entrance to the building. Not the best look.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I've always felt Wipons don't want anything but a mall at Willets Point or an arena/stadium would be done already. Don't think that's the spot for NYCFC either.

This was all posted already. And of course they want a mall. Problem is the land isn't zoned for a mall. (Though the mall was supposed to go in their current parking lot, not Willets Point). And if they lose the appeal regarding that, their only choice to make any money off the land would be another stadium. Something tells me they are not in the business of pissing money away.

Reactions: Kjbert
This was all posted already. And of course they want a mall. Problem is the land isn't zoned for a mall. (Though the mall was supposed to go in their current parking lot, not Willets Point). And if they lose the appeal regarding that, their only choice to make any money off the land would be another stadium. Something tells me they are not in the business of pissing money away.
Don't be so nice. People shouldn't come here and just throw something up without getting a feel for things. There's a delicate culture we're protecting here.

You only get to rehash after 100 posts.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Don't be so nice. People shouldn't come here and just throw something up without getting a feel for things. There's a delicate culture we're protecting here.

You're right. I'm getting too soft lately. Need to toughen up before the season starts.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan

(Nm, misread)

Reactions: Kjbert