Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Looking a bit ahead here, but what do you guys reckon' the (hypothetical) new stadium will be named?

I'm guessing something along the lines of Etihad Field, but it would be amazing to name it David Villa Stadium, maybe in celebration of the club's 25th anniversary (if we have a stadium by then).

Reactions: Christopher Jee
They could build an enormous academy / training grounds like the one they have in Manchester at Belmont.

View attachment 7410
Like that but surround it in mixed use developments to appease the neighbors. Would be cool, I think.

It's an interesting idea, but would it be feasible is the question. As far as I know, a training complex is already being constructed, and if we truly want a stadium within the five boroughs, there will not be enough room.

Don't know about the Stadium being named after him but maybe one of the stands after he leaves that would be awesome.

(Hypothetically) The Flushing Meadows site is still my favorite has the 7 and LIRR and with Grand Central getting connecting LIRR service it bridges that Metro North trains for our friends to the north. And I love the idea of having a dedicated area for these sporting events. Having Citi, USTC, and what will probably be City Football stadium but for sponsorship reason the Etihad Stadium all in the area is just cool IMO.

Did a rough estimate you could fit a football stadium with footprint size of Anfield/Goodison where the old chop shops used to be across the street from Citi. Only problem is parking. Renting from Citi would be an option since they have a shit ton of lots that I have only seen filled during a world series game.

Don't know about the Stadium being named after him but maybe one of the stands after he leaves that would be awesome.

(Hypothetically) The Flushing Meadows site is still my favorite has the 7 and LIRR and with Grand Central getting connecting LIRR service it bridges that Metro North trains for our friends to the north. And I love the idea of having a dedicated area for these sporting events. Having Citi, USTC, and what will probably be City Football stadium but for sponsorship reason the Etihad Stadium all in the area is just cool IMO.

Did a rough estimate you could fit a football stadium with footprint size of Anfield/Goodison where the old chop shops used to be across the street from Citi. Only problem is parking. Renting from Citi would be an option since they have a shit ton of lots that I have only seen filled during a world series game.

Having a "David 'Guaje' Villa" and "Patrick Viera" stands in a new stadium would be amazing. And having a sports complex in that area is awesome, although it is a pipe dream, because of the Mets. If we somehow force the Yankees out of the equation, and pay massive rent, or camp out in Citi Field while a stadium is being built, however, that would be amazing.

They probably won't call it "Etihad Stadium", though, as the "stadium" moniker is reserved for the mothership in Manchester. Probably Etihad Park or Etihad Field. The parking would be fine, if we rent those lots out.

One thing I don't wanna see, however, is a design like that in Orlando. It looks kinda tacky IMO. What we need is something like a Banc of California Stadium or Red Bull Arena, something more modern. The renderings for a Sacramento MLS stadium is the kinda thing I wanna see in New York.

They probably won't call it "Etihad Stadium", though, as the "stadium" moniker is reserved for the mothership in Manchester. Probably Etihad Park or Etihad Field. The parking would be fine, if we rent those lots out.

One thing I don't wanna see, however, is a design like that in Orlando. It looks kinda tacky IMO. What we need is something like a Banc of California Stadium or Red Bull Arena, something more modern. The renderings for a Sacramento MLS stadium is the kinda thing I wanna see in New York.

Thought the same thing about the naming until thinking about how there is an Etihad stadium in Australia home to the AFL. Knowing CFG and how they like uniformity I can see them calling it "stadium"

Don't mind the idea behind orland but it looks minor league. Would like the look of the Westfalenstadion, love the steep seating and the whole rail seating section is awesome. Never liked the look of RBA can't put my finger on it but it just doesn't look right. I think it

I don't care what the stadium looks like as long as it's not a pile of concrete and can be expanded up to 60k and starts at around 35k.

Thought the same thing about the naming until thinking about how there is an Etihad stadium in Australia home to the AFL. Knowing CFG and how they like uniformity I can see them calling it "stadium"

Don't mind the idea behind orland but it looks minor league. Would like the look of the Westfalenstadion, love the steep seating and the whole rail seating section is awesome. Never liked the look of RBA can't put my finger on it but it just doesn't look right. I think it

What would look fantastic is a stadium like the Spartak Stadium in Moscow. I personally think it is one of the most aesthetically pleasing arenas in club soccer.

Reactions: Christopher Jee

Here's a crazy idea. The Sheik has invested so much money in football already. I mean he spent $300M+ on transfers this window alone. We'll have a location in Orangeburg, NY for the first team training. Our academy team is at St. Johns, just buy the land to have it to build something soccer related and not necessarily a stadium. Two "training centers." I'm sure it can field a 10K or something area for Open Cup matches and Connecticut incidents.

Wait on the main stadium site...

Reactions: Kjbert
Here's a crazy idea. The Sheik has invested so much money in football already. We'll have a location in Orangebury for first team training. Our academy team is at St. Johns, just buy the land to have it to build something soccer related and not necessarily a stadium. I'm sure it can field a 10K or something area for Open Cup matches and Connecticut incidents.

Wait on the main stadium site...

You're right. That's crazy. And that's exactly what makes me nervous. The more plausible explanation is the one none of us want.

You're right. That's crazy. And that's exactly what makes me nervous. The more plausible explanation is the one none of us want.

You confused me. What part makes you nervous. And what's the more plausible explanation that none of us want?