Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well the Mets season would be over. So no big deal to move some things around. I'm just wondering how they would allocate our seats. Do they go back to the original order of when we signed up?
Well the Mets' season is already over, so…

I'm sorry, what was the topic?

Oh yeah, seating. Was not a fan of the refund/re-buy in Hartford, although in a way that makes sense as probably most would not go (although I am). If they play in Citi Field though I would hope they'd assign roughly equivalent seats as I would think almost everybody would go, maybe providing an option to get a refund instead of the seats. Although that might make it more complicated, alas.

meanwhile over in DC.......

https://www.dcunited.com/post/2017/...released?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Twitter

NYCFC better not have to wait 20 years for a stadium either....

2-2.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert
Excited to catch a match at Audi next season. Interested to see if it's more StubHub or more Children's Mercy

31 sites probably means they are looking at places where they would have to assemble some parcels to get to the full size. When you think about it, GAL would be an example.

31 sites also probably means they aren't particularly close.

My thoughts exactly. Although it contradicts what I've heard from "sources."

If we're still at 31 sites this far along we'll be stuck at Yankee Stadium for another decade.

Reactions: NickA and Kjbert
My thoughts exactly. Although it contradicts what I've heard from "sources."

If we're still at 31 sites this far along we'll be stuck at Yankee Stadium for another decade.
Have you bought property in the city before? I think most people have a dozen or more searches saved on StreetEasy while they're looking and they re-open past properties as things close and/or get delayed. Those 31 are probably a mixture of old venues looked at and discarded/but brought back, and sites they genuinely favor; until something is rolling for real, they've probably realized permanent deletion is premature.

It's also amazing how fast an all-cash deal will grease the wheels.

31 sites probably means they are looking at places where they would have to assemble some parcels to get to the full size. When you think about it, GAL would be an example.

31 sites also probably means they aren't particularly close.

Meh, the 31 sites could have been identified years ago and is a living list.

The expansion committee is technically still reviewing 12 bids, even though many are effectively ruled out, but we also know that decision is coming in just a few months.

All it takes is one.

Have you bought property in the city before? I think most people have a dozen or more searches saved on StreetEasy while they're looking and they re-open past properties as things close and/or get delayed. Those 31 are probably a mixture of old venues looked at and discarded/but brought back, and sites they genuinely favor; until something is rolling for real, they've probably realized permanent deletion is premature.

It's also amazing how fast an all-cash deal will grease the wheels.

While I don't live in the city and haven't considered purchasing property in the city, I understand how crazy the market is there. In the meantime, STH continue to drop and I think a big factor in that is the lack of any news about the stadium.

Has anyone here attended a soccer match there before? They've had a couple right?

here are a couple of vids from friendly of Ecuador vs Greece. I always thought being a NL park there would be more space but doesnt seem that way. seems about the same

it just might...this is nyc after all.

also was that the original plan for DCU? i remember they had to change the stadium design at least once because of some constraints.

That's true. The entire seating bowl has the same steep angle as the SS of Orlando's new place.

Meh, the 31 sites could have been identified years ago and is a living list.

The expansion committee is technically still reviewing 12 bids, even though many are effectively ruled out, but we also know that decision is coming in just a few months.

All it takes is one.
And there's probably no reason for the club to "rule out" publicly any of those 31. To a certain extent, that is communicating that there are other options out there to try and increase as much leverage (probably not all that much TBH) as they can on realistic bids.