Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just got back from the Open. It was a slog there and back. Express is (I think) a rush hour thing, so into Manhattan in the morning and out to Queens at night. No idea what it does on weekends. I have to say I was disappointed they didn't do special express trains for the Open.

You watch the Jack Sock match? So upset that he lost in the fifth set. Ugh.

Reactions: thepriceiswrongbob
I don't know if leaving the Bronx would hurt us. At least going by Hispanic demographics the Bronx is more Dominican and baseball crazy and Queens has more South Americans and more fútbol fandom. At some point we should consider pandering a bit and targeting a South American star (such as Cuadrado for example) and maybe that would boost attendance if we are in Queens at that point.
you'd be surprised how many dominicans i know who follow nycfc

you'd be surprised how many dominicans i know who follow nycfc
The old stereotypes of who will follow soccer is kind of bunk now, as the game has become more mainstream. Go to a Portland Timbers game, and you will see lots and lots of straight up white people, not people who could be identified as Italians/Germans/the right Hispanic etc. 3rd Generation+ Americans like going to MLS games now if the event is a good experience. Focus on the experience, not the Hispanics or the Italians etc. and anyone in the market who is interested in exciting sporting events will be interested, regardless of heritage. People from the Bronx despite their ethnicity and it's traditional connection to soccer, will get behind the club because it's something exciting going on in the Bronx, and Soccer is the greatest sport in the world!

Last edited:
This might sound like heresy to some but citi field is a way better stadium for fans to watch a game in than Yankee stadium.

Has anyone here attended a soccer match there before? They've had a couple right?

Has anyone here attended a soccer match there before? They've had a couple right?
I think it'll be a little difficult to fit a soccer field in there. At least not without moving mounds and fences.

TabascoDiva mentioned this to me tonight, that she heard it the other evening at the round table talk with the SG/Club. What I find amazing about it is that there are 31 sites in NYC that are big enough for a 10-15acre project. We've looked at a ton of locations, especially ones that meet the criteria the club has set for mass transit and hwy access, and 31 just seems awfully high. I wonder if some of them are not in NYC proper?

I think it'll be a little difficult to fit a soccer field in there. At least not without moving mounds and fences.

Well the Mets season would be over. So no big deal to move some things around. I'm just wondering how they would allocate our seats. Do they go back to the original order of when we signed up?

TabascoDiva mentioned this to me tonight, that she heard it the other evening at the round table talk with the SG/Club. What I find amazing about it is that there are 31 sites in NYC that are big enough for a 10-15acre project. We've looked at a ton of locations, especially ones that meet the criteria the club has set for mass transit and hwy access, and 31 just seems awfully high. I wonder if some of them are not in NYC proper?

I would guess that has to include some rail yards that could potentially be decked like Broadway Junction, Inwood, or Jamaica - or even Sunnyside, just to boost the numbers.