Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I went on a bit of a rant during our podcast last night, long story short for those of you with better things to do than listen to me rant for 3 minutes.

A Belmont stadium is a failure. There's literally no way to spin it.

Ferran Soriano hasn't said anything about this team since 2013. Khaldoon Mubarak is having his NYC project shown up by Toronto and Atlanta. Jon Patricof has seen ticket sales decline since his arrival.

This team needs to act fast before they become Red Bulls 2.0

I went on a bit of a rant during our podcast last night, long story short for those of you with better things to do than listen to me rant for 3 minutes.

Ferran Soriano hasn't said anything about this team since 2013. Khaldoon Mubarak is having his NYC project shown up by Toronto and Atlanta. Jon Patricof has seen ticket sales decline since his arrival.

The part in bold is the only one that really upsets me, and really mostly Atlanta. Toronto has had too much of a head start. It's not really a stadium thread issue so I'll just leave it at that.

THIS ^^^^

The team must:

Have a definitive stadium plan announced before the start of 2018 season.

A Massively effective 3rd DP for 2018. The player must perform at the level of Villa on the field. Gone must be the days of only 1 or 2 DPs in the starting 11.

They must figure out how to have a deeper bench to absorb the impact of international absences and injuries. Part of this is getting more out of the academy, and signing Gio should be #1 priority. Him and 2 others could easily fill out the roster with a higher base along with the new TAM additions raising the effective ceiling.

I personally think that CFG should price the food at YS (and the eventual new stadium) like Atlanta does where it's all super inexpensive. I doubt the Yankees/Lengends will reduce the cost, so CFG should subsidize all of the food/drink to lower price points. I guarantee that alone would bring a fair number of STH back. It's actually one method of pumping money in that isn't regulated by the league. If New Yorkers could have a nice evening out as a family of 2/4 with the cost of tickets & food for under $80/$160 ($30 ticket & $10 food per person) then I think it'd really resonate with people wanting to attend.

Edit: points #1&4 are specifically Stadium related for mgarbowski mgarbowski 's oversight.

As much as I love the location of GAL, I do think it's just a bit too small. Sure, we can fit a stadium there, but the design would need to be awfully creative in addition to receiving approvals to permanently absorb half a street (153rd).

My personal preference is still the Iron Triangle. We would have as much space as we need. Even the Elmhurst Dairy site is ~15 acres which is more than enough.

Edit: Corrected Belmont to Elmhurst because I'm an idiot.

The part in bold is the only one that really upsets me, and really mostly Atlanta. Toronto has had too much of a head start. It's not really a stadium thread issue so I'll just leave it at that.
But I'm honestly not all that certain that Atlanta is showing up Khaldoon. Sure, they've been a much better expansion team than we have. But lets look at other items from an ownership perspective, i.e. spending money.
  • Atlanta has a stadium, yes. But that was being built anyways for the Falcons. I wouldn't consider this.
  • Atlanta has spent a lot on transfer fees, yes. NYCFC has spent a ton on DP salaries. Yes, some of those have not turned out the best (Lampard, Pirlo), but they have shelled out the dough. Those were sporting mishaps and not ownership/spending mishaps. The only one where I think you can point to where we did not spend very much would be Maxi. But other than that, we appear to be spending all the GAM/TAM/Salary cap space we can. There are just instances where we haven't done it well (again, sporting, not ownership)

I hate typing this because I don't want the intern to see it, but I can envision warming up slightly to Jamaica on a personal level. No season tickets, but I wouldn't give up on the team.

However, I don't envy the sales department who will likely be trying to sell a very large number of suites to corporates. I work in a typical midtown office, and according to Google, it would take me 54 minutes (including 24 minutes walking) on the E train or 57 minutes (including 26 minutes walking) on the F train to get there. I think selling boxes to corporate clients might be a tough sell given that transit.

From my old financial district office, it's 51 minutes (19 minutes walking) with a transfer to the LIRR at Atlantic, or 1 hour and 14 minutes (20 minutes walking) on the J/Z.

EDIT: I'm probably dreaming here, but it would be an amazing spot for a Long Island Rough Riders' USL team and two training fields.
I noticed a lot of walking in the google maps directions too. I decided to exclude the walking from the Jamaica subway stations to the dairy farm and find that the subway rides from Brooklyn/manhattan end up being around 30-40 mins, very similar to Yankee stadium.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
I just drove the van wyck (which btw my phone autocorrects wyck to suck) right after the Montreal game, its 10pm on a Wednesday and there is traffic. I rescind my endorsement for the elmhurst site. I don't care how much this place may improve, there is no fixing this highway. It's dogshit.it will only get more congested as the neighborhood improves.

If it's built in Elmhust, do we call it the Farm? The Barn? Can we have a chant about the cows coming home?

I just drove the van wyck (which btw my phone autocorrects wyck to suck) right after the Montreal game, its 10pm on a Wednesday and there is traffic. I rescind my endorsement for the elmhurst site. I don't care how much this place may improve, there is no fixing this highway. It's dogshit.it will only get more congested as the neighborhood improves.

Can people stop calling the site in Jamaica "elmhurst" or refer to building "in elmhurst"?

It's confusing AF. You can't take the Van Wyck to Elmhurst.

It's in Jamaica, which isn't confusing at all. It's not like there's another geographic location called that.

But I'm honestly not all that certain that Atlanta is showing up Khaldoon. Sure, they've been a much better expansion team than we have. But lets look at other items from an ownership perspective, i.e. spending money.
  • Atlanta has a stadium, yes. But that was being built anyways for the Falcons. I wouldn't consider this.
  • Atlanta has spent a lot on transfer fees, yes. NYCFC has spent a ton on DP salaries. Yes, some of those have not turned out the best (Lampard, Pirlo), but they have shelled out the dough. Those were sporting mishaps and not ownership/spending mishaps. The only one where I think you can point to where we did not spend very much would be Maxi. But other than that, we appear to be spending all the GAM/TAM/Salary cap space we can. There are just instances where we haven't done it well (again, sporting, not ownership)
Who gives a shit about spending money. That is the stupidest way to measure anything, whether from the POV of a fan, executive, or owner. You don't judge performance by measuring inputs and being impressed by large spending. You measure outputs and results.

"Yes, boss, I know my division lost $10 million this year but we spent a lot of money doing it so I think I deserve a raise."

Atlanta had 3 DPs on day 1 and they have all excelled. We had 1 DP total on Day 1 and the 2 who came after that sucked.

And how can you possibly say Lampard was a sporting error and not a ownership mishap. They fucking played keep away with him, let him get hurt, as a result of which he played only 29 total games in 2 years and to "make up" for that enormous insult they saddled us with Pirlonicus the fucking useless extinct dinosaur for 3 seasons.

Neither Reyna nor even the clueless Kreis wanted Pirlo. He was a CFG ownership marketing decision. Keeping Lampard in England was also a CFG decision that nearly caused both Renya and Kreis to have mental breakdowns. Just watch that painful movie they made as the world's worst marketing video. I have every confidence that signing Lampard in the first place was also Soriano's decision, though Reyna and Kreis might have supported it when the at least thought they were getting him on time. And we are still living with these CFG ownership failures at the end of season 3.

Last edited:
Can people stop calling the site in Jamaica "elmhurst" or refer to building "in elmhurst"?

It's confusing AF. You can't take the Van Wyck to Elmhurst.

It's in Jamaica, which isn't confusing at all. It's not like there's another geographic location called that.
Bruh check yo self before you wreck yo self . I said elmhurst site, that's short for elmhurst dairy factory site, you could pull the context clues and know what I mean. Youre talking to a queensian native, I know my neighborhoods and what leads where. Me thinks you could do with a nice warm glass of nutritious whole milk. It'll take the edge off.

Last edited: