Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Can people stop calling the site in Jamaica "elmhurst" or refer to building "in elmhurst"?

It's confusing AF. You can't take the Van Wyck to Elmhurst.

It's in Jamaica, which isn't confusing at all. It's not like there's another geographic location called that.
i see what you did there... :beermug:

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Who gives a shit about spending money. That is the stupidest way to measure anything, whether from the POV of a fan, executive, or owner. You don't judge performance by measuring inputs and being impressed by large spending. You measure outputs and results.

"Yes, boss, I know my division lost $10 million this year but we spent a lot of money doing it so I think I deserve a raise."

Atlanta had 3 DPs on day 1 and they have all excelled. We had 1 DP total on Day 1 and the 2 who came after that sucked.

And how can you possibly say Lampard was a sporting error and not a ownership mishap. They fucking played keep away with him, let him get hurt, as a result of which he played only 29 total games in 2 years and to "make up" for that enormous insult they saddled us with Pirlonicus the fucking useless extinct dinosaur for 3 seasons.

Neither Reyna nor even the clueless Kreis wanted Pirlo. He was a CFG ownership marketing decision. Keeping Lampard in England was also a CFG decision that nearly caused both Renya ad Kreis to have mental breakdowns. Just watch that painful movie they made as the world's worst marketing video. I have every confidence that signing Lampard in the first place was also Soriano's decision, though Reyna and Kreis might have supported it when the at least thought they were getting him on time. And we are still living with these CFG ownership failures at the end of season 3.
Ok, fair. But I guess I see those as CFG failures (the entity that owns us), rather than a failure by the individual who ultimately holds the most ownership. The criticism seemed to be directed at he needed to open up his pocketbook, and I think he's done that quite a bit.

Definitely agree with you on the other CFG fuckups.

I said elmhurst site, that's short for elmhurst dairy factory site, you could pull the context clues and know what I mean.
But why even do it? Because writing Jamaica instead is too hard? Or typing "Elmhurst Dairy" instead of "elmhurst site?" Because it's clear that there are people here who think the place is in Elmhurst. As did we all for about a month because of that HRB article.

Finally, note:
It's in Jamaica, which isn't confusing at all. It's not like there's another geographic location called that.

answered by

Bruh check yo self before you wreck yo self .
Me thinks you could do with a nice warm glass of nutritious whole milk. It'll take the edge off.
I could not have made the tongue-in-cheek good natured intent behind this comment more clear if I put in flashing neon, though I tried just now.;)

If we get a stadium in Jamaica, does that mean we get to sign Jamaican players as domestics like Canadian teams get to do with Canadians? (HAHA).

Reactions: Kjbert
So we'd be supporting a team called New York City, that's owned by Manchester, which is really owned by a sheikh from Abu Dhabi, but once called Hartford home, which is next to Manchester, not the first Manchester the other Manchester, and plans to move to the Elmhurst Dairy Farm, that's really in Jamaica, but not the Jamaica most the world thinks of when they hear the name. Got it.

Ok, fair. But I guess I see those as CFG failures (the entity that owns us), rather than a failure by the individual who ultimately holds the most ownership. The criticism seemed to be directed at he needed to open up his pocketbook, and I think he's done that quite a bit.

Definitely agree with you on the other CFG fuckups.
I'm with you on the transfer fees. I've seen a few posts here by people who seem fixated on them, and I don't see the point. I mean I kind of get it, but in the end I only care whether they end up signing guys who help us. It's seems clear that to CFG part of the appeal of Maxi was he was in a bad situation so he could be gotten more cheaply than if he were playing for a coach who valued him. But he's largely worked out. I'm pretty much in the Midas Mulligan camp on Maxi: he's great, just seems to be missing that last piece to be a really stellar DP, but it could be he's on his own too often. So I have some concern about handicapping ourselves that way. But in the end I just care whether it works. Back to ownership: they spent some dough on the first 3 DPs but did it using a management structure where Soriano was conflicted and acted against NYCFC's best interests to help another CFG entity. Ownership is responsible for that conflict of interest and all that flowed from it.

So we'd be supporting a team called New York City, that's owned by Manchester, which is really owned by a sheikh from Abu Dhabi, but once called Hartford home, which is next to Manchester, not the first Manchester the other Manchester, and plans to move to the Elmhurst Dairy Farm, that's really in Jamaica, but not the Jamaica most the world thinks of when they hear the name. Got it.
And almost played in Belmont which is in Elmont, which is in Nassau, but not the Bahamas, which would be near the other Jamaica, and a dominion of the Queen, except for the 10 square feet which is in Queens Village, which is a neighborhood not a village, and not subject to a Queen, but is in a county called Queens, which also encompasses Jamaica, just not the other one, and is in New York City. Hence the name, as you pointed out at the start.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170927-223341.png
    Screenshot_20170927-223341.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
And almost played in Belmont which is in Elmont, which is in Nassau, but not the Bahamas, which would be near the other Jamaica, and a dominion of the Queen, except for the 10 square feet which is in Queens Village, which is a neighborhood not a village, and not subject to a Queen, but is in a county called Queens, which also encompasses Jamaica, just not the other one, and is in New York City. Hence the name, as you pointed out at the start.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert