Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
The difference is that in the northeast we might get 3 months of good skiing in a year. Factor in busy weekends and I might get 12-15 days of skiing in during a good (snowy/cold) season. Compare that to the MLS season which is March-Oct/November. You gotta get your skiing in any way you can. If that means waking up before dawn and spending 7 hours in a car, you do it.

(This comes from an obsessed skier so my opinions probably aren't the norm)
you only have 18 chances to see NYCFC play in a whole year. if that means spending 2-3 hours in a car (in total, which is half of what you'd do to go skiing) you do it (and this is coming from an obsessed nycfc fan so my opinions probably wrong). lucky for you it doesn't interfere with skiing

Reactions: Kangaroo Jack
If they don't have a stadium announcement by the end of the year, I fear STH numbers are going to bleed greatly.

Reactions: Jon
If they don't have a stadium announcement by the end of the year, I fear STH numbers are going to bleed greatly.

Personally, I think 29,000 to 27,000 to 22,000 attendance is bleeding pretty good. I have three seats right now. I plan on giving one back. The only reason I haven't given my tickets up completely for game-to-game is because I'm in the lucky few that adores my seats and thinks they're the best in the stadium and the whole section is sold out.

Personally, I think 29,000 to 27,000 to 22,000 attendance is bleeding pretty good. I have three seats right now. I plan on giving one back. The only reason I haven't given my tickets up completely for game-to-game is because I'm in the lucky few that adores my seats and thinks they're the best in the stadium and the whole section is sold out.
The diehards will of course stay, but the casual fan might be getting annoyed at this point. We really need an announcement soon.

And it would have to drop further in Belmont. There will be empty seats too.

Red Bulls 2.0

Just point me to one that's been right. I can't find all of the "sources" posts, but I am pretty good about remembering these sort of things.

One off the top of my head: tpfkau was nailed on for a trade.

Pirlo
Sands

McNamara was put on the trading block. Maybe the interest wasn't there or they were (rightfully) concerned about depth when push came to shove

I tend to use the "trust, but verify" approach with online rumors, which I apply to you as well. So I'm not ragging on you, but you did post this yesterday at 10:53am:

And 7 minutes later, this came out in Bloomberg:

Couple of thoughts. I'm not the only one on here that was told 25k. So we'll see. If I'm wrong, so be it.

And none of us have seen a rendering. At least not that I know of

I too am in the trust but verify camp. I give the info I know. If Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan doesnt believe it, he doesn't have to read it. That's all.

That's not necessarily out of line with what was reported - earlier articles made it sound like Ed Mangano, the Nassau County Executive, was the one that put in a bid for Amazon rather than Amazon itself. So it wouldn't at all be surprising if this is just his way of trying to get some good press before things get, uh, a little more dicey for him next year.

Is it just me, or is this a bit of a joke?

There are probably hundreds of municipalities across the country lining up to get Amazon's attention, and the indicted Ed Mangano is submitting a bid on behalf of Jeff Bezos (because I'm sure he needs your help, Ed) for land that Amazon hasn't said they're interested in. Am I missing something here?

I find it fascinating that nobody shows any interest in developing this land except sports teams. I believe the Cosmos had the only bid in the last go-round. In fact I think the reason it was sat on for years and then re-opened to new bids was the state didn't take the Cosmos bid seriously but they had no alternative.
Now we have 2 more sports teams, and a fake bid by the county on behalf of a web retailer who has shown no actual interest.

Is it just me, or is this a bit of a joke?

There are probably hundreds of municipalities across the country lining up to get Amazon's attention, and the indicted Ed Mangano is submitting a bid on behalf of Jeff Bezos (because I'm sure he needs your help, Ed) for land that Amazon hasn't said they're interested in. Am I missing something here?

Nope, you're not missing anything, and yes, I'd agree that it is a joke on many levels...

Reactions: Statler
im not liking this if its only us an islanders .....still needs details on the actual proposals but man 50/50..depending on the third bid

Reactions: Kjbert
Couple of thoughts. I'm not the only one on here that was told 25k. So we'll see. If I'm wrong, so be it.

And none of us have seen a rendering. At least not that I know of

I too am in the trust but verify camp. I give the info I know. If Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan doesnt believe it, he doesn't have to read it. That's all.
I like reading it. And I also like busting your balls a bit when it's off.

giphy.gif

im not liking this if its only us an islanders .....still needs details on the actual proposals but man 50/50..depending on the third bid
Just keep in mind that we are not obligated to build if selected.

This is a serious bid, I am 100% convinced of that, but this is also the FO hedging our bets, in case we cannot find land anywhere else.