Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
so can any islander fans answer me why nassau coliseum cant be used any more? also is belmont better than brooklyn for you guys? or is it the same?
NHL won't let them play there because it doesn't meet the league's minimum stadium capacity

edit: think it needs to be 15,000 and the Coliseum is at 13,000 for hockey

NHL won't let them play there because it doesn't meet the league's minimum stadium capacity

edit: think it needs to be 15,000 and the Coliseum is at 13,000 for hockey

that explains it i compared the two venues and barclays is just over 15K+ ....i then question if barclays gets filled up for islander games to even close to the 15K

This I can answer with 100% confidence.

We have no idea!

That is the world of New York State politics. Because this is a state run committee we can have a decision tomorrow (we won't) or we can have a decision in 6 years.

When the Cosmos bid, they didn't hear back for a year IIRC and then they said they didn't like any of the bids and asked companies to re-bid. So really, there's no way to know when we know until we know.

Which is why our focus should be on spending some really money on private land. Less red tape.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Seems boneheaded for Nassau Coliseum to renovate to only 13k when 15k brings you consistent revenue from the NHL and it's fans.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
I'm hearing Bayonne NJ along with the state have made a very attractive offer to Amazon. Better situated to NYC than Belmont too.

Also heard that county officials in Rockland are pushing the 122-acre closed campus of Novartis in Suffern to Amazon.

Either way, better Amazon in Belmont than us.

Reactions: NickA
I’m trying to catch up after a long absence... one question- when the hell will we have confirmation about who “wins” this god forsaken bid?
tbl-logo-big.jpg

Reactions: LostAnvil
Also heard that county officials in Rockland are pushing the 122-acre closed campus of Novartis in Suffern to Amazon.

Either way, better Amazon in Belmont than us.
DYK Amazon has basically an entire office building leased in midtown simply to serve as a delivery hub? That's nuts.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
DYK Amazon has basically an entire office building leased in midtown simply to serve as a delivery hub? That's nuts.
I used to walk past one of their buildings on 35th street, not too far from the Third Rail's pub Playwright. No matter the time of day there were always guys in the amazon vests loading up vans for deliveries everywhere.

I used to walk past one of their buildings on 35th street, not too far from the Third Rail's pub Playwright. No matter the time of day there were always guys in the amazon vests loading up vans for deliveries everywhere.
That's the one.

I'm hearing Bayonne NJ along with the state have made a very attractive offer to Amazon. Better situated to NYC than Belmont too.
I was thinking Belmont would be good for Amazon as it's near two airports for when the execs from their main HQ come in to town, but Bayonne is a good choice too - guess it depends if they need to be close to NYC or not

Reactions: NickA
Beat me to it.

http://www.newsday.com/business/li-...o-amazon-as-hq-sites-1.14294700?firstfree=yes

Local elected officials want Amazon to build a HQ there. Proposals to Amazon due Oct 19th. Who's calendaring all of this?
"The announcement came the same day the New York Islanders said they have submitted a proposal to create a sports and entertainment destination at Belmont Park, which is owned by the state. At least two other proposals for the property were submitted by the state’s 2 p.m. Thursday deadline."

Do we know what the other proposal was? So there's Nassau for Amazon, Islanders, NYCFC, and ???

"The announcement came the same day the New York Islanders said they have submitted a proposal to create a sports and entertainment destination at Belmont Park, which is owned by the state. At least two other proposals for the property were submitted by the state’s 2 p.m. Thursday deadline."

Do we know what the other proposal was? So there's Nassau for Amazon, Islanders, NYCFC, and ???

the cosmos :p:D

Belmont is less than 7 miles of highway driving further away from Westchester than Citi Field, based from the point where 95 & the Hutch converge and you pick Whitestone or Throgs Neck.

7 miles of highway is the deal breaker for you?

Do you drive? Do you know what 7 miles past Citi Field is? Getting to Mets games is fairly painless. Getting to JFK or anywhere in that corridor is just stupid.

Reactions: NickA and The Toe
Do you drive? Do you know what 7 miles past Citi Field is? Getting to Mets games is fairly painless. Getting to JFK or anywhere in that corridor is just stupid.

even at like 5 am going to JFK was full of traffic

I drive from Rockland. My travel time to YS door to door is somewhere around 40-45 minutes depending on traffic etc. My limit would be an hour if I'm going to stay a season ticket holder. Anything longer and it becomes an inconvenience in my opinion. I'm not willing to spend 3 hours back and forth for games and if the travel time is longer than the actual game itself that's an issue in my book. I'm sure many subway riders feel the same way.

Edit: And this is coming from someone who will wake up at 4am to drive 3 1/2 up to Vermont just to ski for the day, then turn around after a day of skiing and drive home.

So you enjoy skiing more than NYCFC? That's what this tells me.

So you enjoy skiing more than NYCFC? That's what this tells me.

The difference is that in the northeast we might get 3 months of good skiing in a year. Factor in busy weekends and I might get 12-15 days of skiing in during a good (snowy/cold) season. Compare that to the MLS season which is March-Oct/November. You gotta get your skiing in any way you can. If that means waking up before dawn and spending 7 hours in a car, you do it.

(This comes from an obsessed skier so my opinions probably aren't the norm)