• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Haha, but maybe not news news, but things were happening, lol

Edit: and this may also be the furthest this thread has gone actually discussing stadium related items and not curling or organic tomatoes, etc. etc.
ClubdeCurling.png

The stadium will be 25k. It will not be larger than that. I don't know if they also have a plan that includes potential expansion, but the stadium will be smaller than many here anticipated. And it's the right choice.
I can’t wait for your insider to be right for the first time.

By all means, keep posting it. But one of you guys owes us some drinks.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Well OF COURSE N northernburbs would say that!

(However entirely accurate it may be)

Long island is becoming a retirement community. I think there are less than 500 empty building lots on the whole Island. Yes I live in westchester and everyone moving here that I meet grew up on the island, but its too expensive and everyone is aging in place.
Plus its a fucking traffic nightmare

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
I can’t wait for your insider to be right for the first time.

By all means, keep posting it. But one of you guys owes us some drinks.

I don't remember any of my sources ever being wrong. Care to point out an example for us?

Just heard a report on the radio 880 talking about how the Islanders fans don't want them to go to Belmont and NYCFC put in a bid in to build a soccer stadium. This is the first time I've heard it on radio or TV. I wonder if they're leaking it to gauge fan reaction or to put pressure on other bids. Then again maybe they are dumb enough to think Belmont is a good idea and they see it as the cheapest most obtainable option.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't remember any of my sources ever being wrong. Care to point out an example for us?

I tend to use the "trust, but verify" approach with online rumors, which I apply to you as well. So I'm not ragging on you, but you did post this yesterday at 10:53am:

The stadium will be 25k. It will not be larger than that. I don't know if they also have a plan that includes potential expansion, but the stadium will be smaller than many here anticipated. And it's the right choice.

And 7 minutes later, this came out in Bloomberg:

We've hit the Terminal: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...steinbrenners-in-quest-to-build-belmont-arena

"Thursday, the Major League Soccer club describes a 26,000-seat facility and an area set aside for fans’ pregame activities, according to a person who had seen the plans. The person asked not to be named because the information is private."

I’m trying to catch up after a long absence... one question- when the hell will we have confirmation about who “wins” this god forsaken bid?

I’m trying to catch up after a long absence... one question- when the hell will we have confirmation about who “wins” this god forsaken bid?
This I can answer with 100% confidence.

We have no idea!

That is the world of New York State politics. Because this is a state run committee we can have a decision tomorrow (we won't) or we can have a decision in 6 years.

When the Cosmos bid, they didn't hear back for a year IIRC and then they said they didn't like any of the bids and asked companies to re-bid. So really, there's no way to know when we know until we know.

Long island is becoming a retirement community. I think there are less than 500 empty building lots on the whole Island. Yes I live in westchester and everyone moving here that I meet grew up on the island, but its too expensive and everyone is aging in place.
Plus its a fucking traffic nightmare
Buckley Buckley - that's not true about Long Island as a whole - sure, the number of elderly people are increasing, but so is the overall population - I'll concede the fact that some of the more expensive towns are starting to look like retirement communities, but it's not island-wide

so can any islander fans answer me why nassau coliseum cant be used any more? also is belmont better than brooklyn for you guys? or is it the same?