Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
On a more serious note, do you think the renderings we get tomorrow are going to likely be the same for wherever we ultimately end up? If so, tomorrow is a big deal in my eyes.

On a more serious note, do you think the renderings we get tomorrow are going to likely be the same for wherever we ultimately end up? If so, tomorrow is a big deal in my eyes.

Tomorrow is likely a huge deal, and I'm amazed we're not taking this more seriously.

Our own indifference/opposition to the plans has no bearing on the seriousness with which the front office will be treating this bid. Even if the whole thing is just going through the motions as part of some weird negotiating strategy, I somehow doubt they'll have spent much time/effort preparing a decoy plan that differs too much from their actual vision.

People are complaining about the lack of movement on stadium plans? Well we're about to see some very real stadium plans. Tomorrow. And there's a non-zero possibility that they'll become reality in a matter of years.

Tomorrow is likely a huge deal, and I'm amazed we're not taking this more seriously.

Our own indifference/opposition to the plans has no bearing on the seriousness with which the front office will be treating this bid. Even if the whole thing is just going through the motions as part of some weird negotiating strategy, I somehow doubt they'll have spent much time/effort preparing a decoy plan that differs too much from their actual vision.

People are complaining about the lack of movement on stadium plans? Well we're about to see some very real stadium plans. Tomorrow. And there's a non-zero possibility that they'll become reality in a matter of years.
*claps*

Not sure if it will be exactly the same, but I suspect whatever we see tomorrow will be at least 60-70% of what we should expect at the final site.

Reactions: COLINMOUTH

Take photos

I think the lack of enthusiasm is due to the fact that we're talking about Belmont here. I've pretty much concluded that we won't hear anything this offseason. You'd think if something was imminent that they'd put out info to boost ticket sales.

How many shitty weather NYCFC games have you sat through? 3 seasons has taught us all some valuable lessons.
Oh yeah, but I don't know if CFG will actually invest enough for a retractable roof. That shit is mad expensive.

Oh yeah, but I don't know if CFG will actually invest enough for a retractable roof. That shit is mad expensive.

You know what’s also expensive? Half empty seats in March, April, October & November. And any time it pours in the summer. Oh, and hard to rent for events in our winter off season if it’s not.

You know what’s also expensive? Half empty seats in March, April, October & November. And any time it pours in the summer. Oh, and hard to rent for events in our winter off season if it’s not.
Guess we will find out? Just saying I don't expect it. If CFG were smart, they'd invest in this bad boy greatly.

Why do you need a retractable roof for an arena style football stadium? There's a hole in the roof that only affects the pitch itself. LionNYC may be cold and wet but the rest of us won't.

Also interested in the rendering. The site determines the stadium. If the architectural firm has done real renderings, I bet we would see the Willets rendering tomorrow. That would be the same as Belmont

Why do you need a retractable roof for an arena style football stadium? There's a hole in the roof that only affects the pitch itself. LionNYC may be cold and wet but the rest of us won't.

Also interested in the rendering. The site determines the stadium. If the architectural firm has done real renderings, I bet we would see the Willets rendering tomorrow. That would be the same as Belmont
Not sure if the site would alter the actual stadium renderings that much versus the surrounding area. The latter might change more greatly via the site.

Not sure if the site would alter the actual stadium renderings that much versus the surrounding area. The latter might change more greatly via the site.

I was thinking there's a difference between building in Belmont/Willets vs South Bronx