• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There is. Willets and Belmont is open space compared to the GAL site
That might change the welcome plaza and the area surrounding the stadium, but I have to imagine the design of the actual arena would remain similar, more or less, no?

Reactions: Kjbert
Why do you need a retractable roof for an arena style football stadium? There's a hole in the roof that only affects the pitch itself. LionNYC LionNYC may be cold and wet but the rest of us won't.

Also interested in the rendering. The site determines the stadium. If the architectural firm has done real renderings, I bet we would see the Willets rendering tomorrow. That would be the same as Belmont

I was outside in the rain during the Seattle game and the Kansas City game and the Colorado game in 2016. And I loved every minute of it.

I just want to go ahead and say, that if there are renderings tomorrow, they don't exactly mean that they would line up with what we are planning for actual stadiums within city limits, this is for a bid in Belmont.

Just want to make sure to get ahead of the overreactions that are due to come (who am I kidding, they would happen anyways)

I just want to go ahead and say, that if there are renderings tomorrow, they don't exactly mean that they would line up with what we are planning for actual stadiums within city limits, this is for a bid in Belmont.

Just want to make sure to get ahead of the overreactions that are due to come (who am I kidding, they would happen anyways)
I agree in terms of what surrounds the stadium, but it wouldn't shock me if the renderings are at least somewhat similar for the actual stadium itself at our eventual site.

I agree in terms of what surrounds the stadium, but it wouldn't shock me if the renderings are at least somewhat similar for the actual stadium itself at our eventual site.
True, but its also very possible that they are completely different.

All I'm saying is, if there are renderings released tomorrow, its most definitely noteworthy, but nothing worth getting super excited or pissed about

Also, if they don't have renderings tomorrow, then you truly know how much they truly don't want the site. Lol

With the South Bronx becoming more and more gentrified, I think it's probably the best option for consistently getting new fans in. If you're talking 2k non-STHs, I'm sure 4ish stops from GCT is always going to be more enticing than 10+ on the 7. I'd be fine with either, but I don't think you please the casual fan/soccer fan visiting NYC in Willets. But we don't really know how many of those there are. The closer to Midtown you can be just seems like your best option no matter what.

With the South Bronx becoming more and more gentrified, I think it's probably the best option for consistently getting new fans in. If you're talking 2k non-STHs, I'm sure 4ish stops from GCT is always going to be more enticing than 10+ on the 7. I'd be fine with either, but I don't think you please the casual fan/soccer fan visiting NYC in Willets. But we don't really know how many of those there are. The closer to Midtown you can be just seems like your best option no matter what.
Willets Point is near a perfect demographic for soccer fans though, so I think any loss would be made up from that alone. There are positives and negative to any site in the city. Bronx probably comes with the least amount of risk, but if Willets Point is a legitimate option, take it and run.

Guess so, in the meantime, let's laugh at the dozen protesters who will say no to anything minus Amazon, which has a negative 99.9% chance of happening.

Yeah, I saw Baumbach reporting on the protesters who want anything but a sports arena, and are therefore in favor of the withdrawn bid.
No they're not. If it was only that bid on the table, they'd be complaining about that too. They only want Amazon or some pipe dream that is never going to be drawn to such a community. The bottom line is that the RFP called for SPORTS and the other bid was just going to put up more mall strips, which is going to do nothing for the area. Lol

General consensus that there won't be any renderings at this evening's meeting?

Anyone going want to Periscope or Facebook live it?

General consensus that there won't be any renderings at this evening's meeting?

Anyone going want to Periscope or Facebook live it?
Won'y be hard to find out via Twitter, trust me.