Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If you can pull it off, the pitch being below grade is brilliant. You need land that accommodates that. I don't know if Willets would or not. It's not so much about keeping the sound away from the surrounding area as it is about amplifying the sound. If you've ever been to Camden Yards, the stadium could be half full and the sound still reverberates from those who are there. Also great for getting in and getting out of the stadium.

A number of us have been told that Populous won't be the architect. Interesting that Vinoly is there. More interesting that MPFP is there. Vinoly doesn't do "football stadiums" per se. MPFP does urban development work - parkland and beautification projects I believe.

Why do I find that interesting? Well, if you brought to the meeting the guy who is going to build your indoor training pitch, the guy who is going to build your redevelopment zone but NOT the guy who is going to build your stadium...I don't see how the GAL site is a plausible option for this Club.

It has to be Willets. The scope of this project (Stadium, indoor training pitch and redevelopment zone) could only work in Willets.

If you can pull it off, the pitch being below grade is brilliant. You need land that accommodates that. I don't know if Willets would or not. It's not so much about keeping the sound away from the surrounding area as it is about amplifying the sound. If you've ever been to Camden Yards, the stadium could be half full and the sound still reverberates from those who are there. Also great for getting in and getting out of the stadium.

A number of us have been told that Populous won't be the architect. Interesting that Vinoly is there. More interesting that MPFP is there. Vinoly doesn't do "football stadiums" per se. MPFP does urban development work - parkland and beautification projects I believe.

Why do I find that interesting? Well, if you brought to the meeting the guy who is going to build your indoor training pitch, the guy who is going to build your redevelopment zone but NOT the guy who is going to build your stadium...I don't see how the GAL site is a plausible option for this Club.

It has to be Willets. The scope of this project (Stadium, indoor training pitch and redevelopment zone) could only work in Willets.
Unless they really are keying on Belmont...

Which is possible, but Isles seems to have more influence with the State.
Oh I agree 100%... logically it makes sense for the Isles to take this and for us to get Willets or GAL or some development elsewhere in the five boroughs. But if we really don’t think any other land is available, we might be serious about this bid.

Oh I agree 100%... logically it makes sense for the Isles to take this and for us to get Willets or GAL or some development elsewhere in the five boroughs. But if we really don’t think any other land is available, we might be serious about this bid.
If this was the case though, the club would be a lot more urgent in their language with the bid.

I guess some mistake my passion for the truth about NYC politics and the commercial real estate crooks as trolling. Albeit i do get a bit excited, just many people are being mislead here by the city and nyc brass. Here are the Islander proposals below, as you can see a bit more thought went into it for them than NYC put into their renderings.

DP-ghrbUEAAM4ov.jpg

DP-hMnAVAAAbBMh.jpg

I guess some mistake my passion for the truth about NYC politics and the commercial real estate crooks as trolling. Albeit i do get a bit excited, just many people are being mislead here by the city and nyc brass. Here are the Islander proposals below, as you can see a bit more thought went into it for them than NYC put into their renderings.

DP-ghrbUEAAM4ov.jpg

DP-hMnAVAAAbBMh.jpg
Few people think city are 100% serious about this bid.

Few people think city are 100% serious about this bid.

Well they must have paid big money for their own renderings. Not sure if they have enough of a reason not to take any bid too seriously. At this point it's almost a take what you can get stance. From 10,000 feet, just space alone is an issue. Developers want to build commercial buildings and high end residential, city skell politicians want low income housing, next comes our wants.

I think if we want a realistic chance, we have to wait for a new mayor and governor. Unless, they settle somewhere outside the city.

The reason I brought up the idea of not letting the sound bleed into the surrounding neighborhood was because the question asked had to do with pollution of all kinds (sound and otherwise) and how the team expected it to affect the community. I totally feel you on the Willets Point though. A lot of the plans discussed tonight can certainly see it translated to Queens.

Reactions: Kjbert
Well they must have paid big money for their own renderings. Not sure if they have enough of a reason not to take any bid too seriously. At this point it's almost a take what you can get stance. From 10,000 feet, just space alone is an issue. Developers want to build commercial buildings and high end residential, city skell politicians want low income housing, next comes our wants.

I think if we want a realistic chance, we have to wait for a new mayor and governor. Unless, they settle somewhere outside the city.
I think you're wrong in many respects, but I'm too tired to get into it; nothing against you. :p