Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Away day tifo? In that case we would want to say, Good Things Happen When We Play in Jersey.

I would like to get the Man City song going for us...

I never felt more like singing the Blues
New York wins, Red Bulls lose
Oh City
You've got me singing the blues

No. I mean something the Red Bulls roll out to make fun of us. We have left the City, and they are the bad thing that we’ve exposed ourselves to.

It would mean that they accept the premise that we are the City team and they are the suburban team, but is that really controversial at this point?

Reactions: mgarbowski
It would mean that they accept the premise that we are the City team and they are the suburban team, but is that really controversial at this point?
No it's not, but I still don't see them accepting that in such a public way at least yet.

I actually think it would benefit for them to do so, but I just don't see it happening.

IT'S A TRAP!

Genuine question Lion, is there a point where if we don't hear stadium plans/news that you will downgrade your STH? lol

I've said all along I have been enjoying the games at Yankee Stadium. It's convenient to get to, I enjoy my seats, I enjoy the atmosphere. We do need a stadium, but I'm not in a rush to get one. I can take the online garbage from other fans saying baseball stadium, baseball stadium. I don't see myself dropping or downgrading unless the team moves to a stadium in a location that is inconvenient to me to get to.

I've said all along I have been enjoying the games at Yankee Stadium. It's convenient to get to, I enjoy my seats, I enjoy the atmosphere. We do need a stadium, but I'm not in a rush to get one. I can take the online garbage from other fans saying baseball stadium, baseball stadium. I don't see myself dropping or downgrading unless the team moves to a stadium in a location that is inconvenient to me to get to.

Gonna add my own 2 cents. I enjoy bitching and moaning about playing at YS as much as the next fan but it's in a good location and tickets are relatively inexpensive. I'm paying $26 a ticket next year and I really like my seats. I'm just going to assume when the new stadium is built ticket prices are going to go through the roof and we'll all be complaining about how cheap our seats were at YS.

Reactions: The Toe and Kjbert
Gonna add my own 2 cents. I enjoy bitching and moaning about playing at YS as much as the next fan but it's in a good location and tickets are relatively inexpensive. I'm paying $26 a ticket next year and I really like my seats. I'm just going to assume when the new stadium is built ticket prices are going to go through the roof and we'll all be complaining about how cheap our seats were at YS.

Oh yeah, I'm expecting to pay at least a few thousands more per Pitchside seat at a SSS in New York City than the current price at Yankee Stadium. Everyone is going to be paying a premium when we move.

It still won't be Knicks/Rangers tickets per game price, but it's going to approach that level.

Reactions: Kjbert
Oh yeah, I'm expecting to pay at least a few thousands more per Pitchside seat at a SSS in New York City than the current price at Yankee Stadium. Everyone is going to be paying a premium when we move.

It still won't be Knicks/Rangers tickets per game price, but it's going to approach that level.

Similar seats at RBA are $38 a ticket so roughly a 50% price hike.

What would be great is if they priced concessions at a reasonable price. But this is NY so... you know how that goes.

Similar seats at RBA are $38 a ticket so roughly a 50% price hike.

What would be great is if they priced concessions at a reasonable price. But this is NY so... you know how that goes.

The equivalent to Pitchside at RBA is a little north of $10K which is 2K more than non-founding members price at NYCFC. The difference is that there are vastly less of these seats at RBA, so it's possibly depending on the seating configuration that NYCFC will keep a lower price. The kicker is that those seats at RBA include "free" alcohol. In fact, based on research from a Pitchside friend, all of the most expensive single seats (not full suites) in MLS include "free" alcohol, as in its included with the price of the season ticket. You could, theoretically, drink your way back to even after 17 matches if you have the liver for it.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
I don't mind Yankee stadium but it's a crappy atmosphere and when you sit midfield, you're 100 yards from the action.

Totally fine with my tickets going up in price. That's part of the deal

The equivalent to Pitchside at RBA is a little north of $10K which is 2K more than non-founding members price at NYCFC. The difference is that there are vastly less of these seats at RBA, so it's possibly depending on the seating configuration that NYCFC will keep a lower price. The kicker is that those seats at RBA include "free" alcohol. In fact, based on research from a Pitchside friend, all of the most expensive single seats (not full suites) in MLS include "free" alcohol, as in its included with the price of the season ticket. You could, theoretically, drink your way back to even after 17 matches if you have the liver for it.

If you ever need company.... I'll pay for the drinks!

I don't mind Yankee stadium but it's a crappy atmosphere and when you sit midfield, you're 100 yards from the action.

Totally fine with my tickets going up in price. That's part of the deal

I'm not opposed up paying more for a better atmosphere, better views, and better food and drinks. I just don't want to be gouged like going to MSG. I love the fact that I can afford to take my family to 15 games a season. I can't do that for football, basketball, or hockey.

I'm not opposed up paying more for a better atmosphere, better views, and better food and drinks. I just don't want to be gouged like going to MSG. I love the fact that I can afford to take my family to 15 games a season. I can't do that for football, basketball, or hockey.

Football only has 8 home games ;). Well 10 if you count the preseason they force on you.

Just become a Nets fan for those 10 dollar tickets

Don't know where you guys all sit, but as someone who sits in the bleachers I have to hope ticket prices don't go up in a new stadium. The aim should be to make ticket prices affordable and attractive to newbies, not to set them at a premium to YS tickets.

As a fanbase we certainly should not be telegraphing that we'd be delighted to pay more for tickets in a new stadium, even if it's true.

Don't know where you guys all sit, but as someone who sits in the bleachers I have to hope ticket prices don't go up in a new stadium. The aim should be to make ticket prices affordable and attractive to newbies, not to set them at a premium to YS tickets.

As a fanbase we certainly should not be telegraphing that we'd be delighted to pay more for tickets in a new stadium, even if it's true.

Part of the reason (a large part of the reason) I make it to so many games as a non-season ticket holder is the affordability of tickets. $30 for really good seats is the best value in NYC -- I'm a diehard Yankees fan and haven't bought a ticket in years because it's $50 to sit in the upper deck, and that's just above my price point.

If the team raises prices considerably, they're going to lose a lot of ticket buyers. Tickets for NYCFC need to remain affordable, that's one of the biggest perks of going to their games.

Part of the reason (a large part of the reason) I make it to so many games as a non-season ticket holder is the affordability of tickets. $30 for really good seats is the best value in NYC -- I'm a diehard Yankees fan and haven't bought a ticket in years because it's $50 to sit in the upper deck, and that's just above my price point.

If the team raises prices considerably, they're going to lose a lot of ticket buyers. Tickets for NYCFC need to remain affordable, that's one of the biggest perks of going to their games.
Yep, if NYCFC wants to create their own niche in NYC when their stadium finally opens, then they not only need to make the tickets affordable for both a single and a family of four, but they also need to make the concessions affordable. The key is maxing out the attendance, and in NYC where there are so many options for entertainment, having a full house every time will be better than a partially empty venue with higher costs to the attendee. With the maxed attendance also goes merchandise. Hitting endless singles in a row is better than a single HR.

I could be way off base here, but aren't tickets at Man City matches insanely affordable relative to other teams?

Prices in a new stadium will ultimately be determined by the fans, just like everywhere else. They will be at the maximum price possible which yields consistent sell outs.
Unfortunately, I expect that price to be a real premium of around 20% from today. Location could have a big impact on that though.