Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
What did you hear this week? I was at a round table discussion two weeks ago and pressed him on it and he said 26k with the likelihood of expansion. He knows people want 40k now, but until the STH go up, there’d be open seats which would hurt resale.
What's a guy got to do to get invited to a freaking roundtable? I feel like I'm the only one -- I've never even had a look at a City in the Boroughs or whatever the F they call it.

What did you hear this week? I was at a round table discussion two weeks ago and pressed him on it and he said 26k with the likelihood of expansion. He knows people want 40k now, but until the STH go up, there’d be open seats which would hurt resale.

Interesting that he would give two different answers at the same f'ing round table.

Edit: To be clear, I am calling him out and not you Ulrich Ulrich

Last edited:
Yeah, that rendering mashup is not good. Great stadium rendering that unfortunately isn’t at the right perspective and the scale is out of proportion.

To address LionNYC LionNYC ’s comment, it may be fabric, but not likely, as that wouldn’t provide protection from rain and would be a hell of a problem under a snow load. More likely a plastic/acrylic composite to let light in and offer impervious protection.

What’s very interesting is that this appears to have three levels of pedestrian promenades which could include commercial spaces to activate the areas along the water (restaurants, bars, shops). That would be a prime selling point towards rejuvenating the area in return for the stadium.
I looked at the rendering a bit closer on my computer, phone the first time, and that upper promenade level looks like the concourse behind the seats. Obviously it's just a rendering, but conceptually it's great for getting up from one's seats and still being able to see the field when moving around; it also blurs the notion of what's in verse out of the stadium, so pre-gaming overlooking the river and in the sun would be awesome (also cold as shit during March with the wind whipping in off the water - hello gigantic overhead heat blowers).

Huh, what are the two different answers?

23k and 26k.

There's all 30k that he told at least one poster on this board. And the time he said 25k andnot a seat more. Midas Mulligan rightfully called me out after that when Patricof, in another get together, told people it would be 26k.

23k and 26k.

There's all 30k that he told at least one poster on this board. And the time he said 25k andnot a seat more. Midas Mulligan rightfully called me out after that when Patricof, in another get together, told people it would be 26k.
I'm pretty sure Ulrich Ulrich meant what were the two different answers you were alluding to from his post, when he really only posted one.

My question on these items, are how "definitive" were these answers?

The event I was at on Tuesday night, he mentioned 25k or 30k, but the context was very open. The way he brought it up was along the lines of (and this is paraphrasing) "then the question is, how big does it go. 25k, 30k, and then some people say you're thinking too small and why not 50k".

It's important to know what the context is behind the numbers being thrown around.

23k and 26k.

The size that can be built is determined by the specific location/site. The geometry of the stadium has to fit in it, and if the goal is to eventually expand, it has to be part of an engineering plan, so whereas a plan for one site may be 26k, another one may be 23k, and each have the ability to be expanded (but the second site may not be able to start at 26k without going all the way with the expansion because of necessary engineering - I'm spitballing, but you get the gist). If you're worried about 1-3k difference, then you're splitting hairs at this point, because an expandable stadium at either 23/26k is fine.

With that said, JP said that last year there were 4 sites they were looking at at almost any one time, a rolling 4 because as one site would be deemed inappropriate another would be investigated. And he said they've gotten pretty good at crunching the data to know when something isn't going to work to then move on. It's pretty much down to 2 sites, both he feels really good about, and each having pros/cons different from the other.