• Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
From the Real Deal on Friday:
https://therealdeal.com/2018/10/11/its-a-mad-madd-maddd-world/

Next targets
Maddd and Joy have proposed a multibillion-dollar development in the South Bronx by East 153rd Street and River Avenue as well that would include a soccer stadium, a hotel and up to 3,000 affordable apartments. The stadium would be home to New York City Football Club, the Major League Soccer franchise owned by Abu Dhabi’s royal family and the Yankees.​

There's nothing new in this story beyond what was reported a few months ago, but this confirms it is still in the works.

I Predict:

60% chance of an announcement by the end of the year. 80% by start of the 2019 season. If not, likelihood of this site going forward drops dramatically. Villa builds smaller stadium in Willets Point for Queens Park Pigeons, Whitestone Villa, or whatever the hell they call it. But, this project is also a holding ploy in case the Madd & Joy Bronx project falls through.

From the Real Deal on Friday:
https://therealdeal.com/2018/10/11/its-a-mad-madd-maddd-world/

Next targets
Maddd and Joy have proposed a multibillion-dollar development in the South Bronx by East 153rd Street and River Avenue as well that would include a soccer stadium, a hotel and up to 3,000 affordable apartments. The stadium would be home to New York City Football Club, the Major League Soccer franchise owned by Abu Dhabi’s royal family and the Yankees.​

There's nothing new in this story beyond what was reported a few months ago, but this confirms it is still in the works.

I Predict:

60% chance of an announcement by the end of the year. 80% by start of the 2019 season. If not, likelihood of this site going forward drops dramatically. Villa builds smaller stadium in Willets Point for Queens Park Pigeons, Whitestone Villa, or whatever the hell they call it. But, this project is also a holding ploy in case the Madd & Joy Bronx project falls through.

So, it's going to take us 5 years to get back where we exactly started. Thanks, de Blasio.

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
Port Morris is a different submarket from the 2 possible Bronx locations that have been discussed. It is close to Harlem River Yards, but still different neighborhood.
This was more “hey the south Bronx in general is really getting an overhaul, all signs point to a stadium being possible in that climate”

Reactions: adam
For all the information in that clip, they may as well have interviewed Charlie Brown’s parents

Me clicking on every stadium news link like

giphy.gif

For all the information in that clip, they may as well have interviewed Charlie Brown’s parents

I'll be quite honest. I genuinely do not think that Reyna is involved in any of the stadium/real estate discussions, meetings, calls, negotiations, or email threads.

If you want news about a stadium talk to Edelman, Patricof, or Stemp.

Me clicking on every stadium news link like

giphy.gif
You let me down. When I got an alert tha dummyrun replied to the stadium thread, I expected a complex graph or series of graphs analyzing campaign contributions, lobbying disclosures, real estate data and interest rates to deliver a conclusion of where and when the stadium will be built.