Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Got a friend who works for MLS. Said the stadium deal is close. Said as soon as NYCFC mentioned affordable housing, the mayors doors opened.
Which deal?
Forgive me for being skeptical, but we've all seen people drop one of these types of posts before. I hope it's true, because we all want it, but I'll wait until I see David Villa with a giant pair of scissors before I get confident

Got a friend who works for MLS. Said the stadium deal is close. Said as soon as NYCFC mentioned affordable housing, the mayors doors opened.

And I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if anyone is interested in purchasing it. LOL

You can't come in here and drop that without any specific info.

Last edited:
My best friend’s-sister’s-boyfriend’s-brother’s-girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with this girl who said we’re getting a stadium soon. I guess it’s pretty serious.

Which deal?
Forgive me for being skeptical, but we've all seen people drop one of these types of posts before. I hope it's true, because we all want it, but I'll wait until I see David Villa with a giant pair of scissors before I get confident
By the time we get our stadium they’ll be cutting ribbons with lasers.

And I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if anyone is interested in purchasing it. LOL

You can't come in here and drop that without any specific info.
I know there are reasons to be skeptical whenever anyone mentions "insider" knowledge, but he doesn't really need to drop any additional specifics if he feels like it would not be good for his "source".

I know we're itching for concrete stadium news ASAP, but we don't need to overreact to a somewhat regular poster's post like this.

Just take it with a grain of salt. It may not come through because he's making it up. It may not come through because his source is making it up or exaggerating something. It may not come through even though it's legitimate news that somehow ends up falling through. And I'm sure all of these have occurred here.

But it also may come through, and I'd rather posters post little tidbits they have here and there rather than keep them to themselves.

I know there are reasons to be skeptical whenever anyone mentions "insider" knowledge, but he doesn't really need to drop any additional specifics if he feels like it would not be good for his "source".

I know we're itching for concrete stadium news ASAP, but we don't need to overreact to a somewhat regular poster's post like this.

Just take it with a grain of salt. It may not come through because he's making it up. It may not come through because his source is making it up or exaggerating something. It may not come through even though it's legitimate news that somehow ends up falling through. And I'm sure all of these have occurred here.

But it also may come through, and I'd rather posters post little tidbits they have here and there rather than keep them to themselves.
This. Harassing someone for posting information is pretty weak.

Thanks for saying that. Besides posting regularly. I know D Dnigly13 personally. He’s not making something up to get some reps on here. And he even told me this in confidence before he ever posted it and I kept it to myself. If he’s posting it here now, he probably also asked his source if he could say something vague for all of you. You really should be thanking him, not lambasting him.

Also, he gave me the location from his source ;). But that’s for him to share if he thinks he can.

By the time we get our stadium they’ll be cutting ribbons with lasers.
Only cool if they are mounted on sharks.
giphy.gif

If you are offended by anything other than a definitive announcement, you may want to avoid this thread. I will take a someone heard from someone over the team talking points any day.
This. Harassing someone for posting information is pretty weak.
Who was offended or harassing? People simply expressed doubt and cracked wise, which is reasonable.

I mean, all signs towards the end of this season have been pointing to "stadium soon?" starting from the building slogan to that liked tweet last week, to some of the reps doing the same... So for all we know it could be rather close?
In times like these, we look like this:
giphy.gif

so anything is good, just to wet our palette!

Thanks for saying that. Besides posting regularly. I know D Dnigly13 personally. He’s not making something up to get some reps on here. And he even told me this in confidence before he ever posted it and I kept it to myself. If he’s posting it here now, he probably also asked his source if he could say something vague for all of you. You really should be thanking him, not lambasting him.

Also, he gave me the location from his source ;). But that’s for him to share if he thinks he can.

Call me a skeptic. We've heard it before, but I'll take your word on it adam adam. I was merely cracking a joke and if I offended anyone I sincerely apologize. If this is legit it's great news for fans.

Reactions: Victors87 and adam