• Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is it the Zoolander sized stadium?

giphy.gif

Matches the pitch.

Watch them announce it at like 5pm to raise morale of players and fans right before the playoffs. /s
...They'd probably do one of those "special announcements" where Don Garbage comes to speak anyway.
Hahaha Don Garbage. I must be late to the game, never heard that nickname and I love it. Fuckin ashamed he went to my College, SUNY Oneonta.

Reactions: The Toe
Hahaha Don Garbage. I must be late to the game, never heard that nickname and I love it. Fuckin ashamed he went to my College, SUNY Oneonta.
Do people really not like him?

I thought he was one of the most liked sports commissioners out there. Outside of the Columbus/Austin fiasco, I'm having difficulty thinking of why he would be so disliked.

I thought he was one of the most liked sports commissioners out there. Outside of the Columbus/Austin fiasco, I'm having difficulty thinking of why he would be so disliked.
The issue largely is he is vehemently trying to run our league like it is like the NFL or pro leagues in the US. What he should be doing is taking bits and pieces from American sports and head towards how the rest of the worlds leagues operate. I always thought if they figured out a way to meld the parity focused way American pro leagues are and open everything else up it would be the best league in the world.

Reactions: daveh
The issue largely is he is vehemently trying to run our league like it is like the NFL or pro leagues in the US. What he should be doing is taking bits and pieces from American sports and head towards how the rest of the worlds leagues operate. I always thought if they figured out a way to meld the parity focused way American pro leagues are and open everything else up it would be the best league in the world.

Now, back to stadium banter. Lol

Those who don't like him have two reasons: (1) Doesn't support pro/rel; (2) Supports SUM.

Objectively he's done an amazing job. Garber took over in 1999. The league folded for an afternoon in 2002, effectively worth nothing. In 2008, When Forbes first released valuations of MLS clubs in 2008, the average team value was $48 million. In 2017, Forbes reported that the average value of a MLS club was $185 million – a 400 percent increase in nine years. Say what you will about putting money before the sport, the value of the clubs still reflect in some sense the quality of the product, and that product is the sport.