• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
AudiFieldSize.png

Sorry, best I can do for the moment. That's from Apple Maps, and Google's worse.

ETA: Happy to start using Audi Field as our "typical" stadium for the overlays once someone sends a satellite over the area and gets updated imaging.
FYI, google maps on my phone has Audi Field

upload_2019-4-15_11-54-12.jpeg

Reactions: Kjbert
I hope it doesn't look like Yankee Stadium because that place is complete sterile.
Agreed about the interior. However, some sort of a similar-but-different style stone-old school looking exterior would be unique to new SSS’s opening nowadays. Everything is just so modern steel fort looking thing (like Audi field) a classic, timeless kind of look. But who am I to complain, I’ll take it looking like crap as long as it exists haha

Yes. That they had a pending contract on land that they couldn't use for whatever reason and needed to get out of that in order to bid on a different parcel.

Do we have any idea where that parcel is?

(This would be hilarious if it wasn't so frustrating, btw.)

Also underrated takeaway here is that CFG was able to buy a plot of land with nobody knowing. At least that bodes well for getting a surprise announcement sometime. We don't necessarily need smoke to have a fire.

If the garage and GAL are the site, I don't know how you work around the Metro North stop without building above it / cantilevering the stadium over the stop or moving the stop north by a hundred yards or so and building a new stop just north or south of the Macombs Dam Bridge.

If the garage and GAL are the site, I don't know how you work around the Metro North stop without building above it / cantilevering the stadium over the stop or moving the stop north by a hundred yards or so and building a new stop just north or south of the Macombs Dam Bridge.

The whole development is supposed to have a conference center, hotel, and shops, among other things. I would imagine the whole complex gets pretty integrated with the station, probably below a central atrium or something?

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
Agreed about the interior. However, some sort of a similar-but-different style stone-old school looking exterior would be unique to new SSS’s opening nowadays. Everything is just so modern steel fort looking thing (like Audi field) a classic, timeless kind of look. But who am I to complain, I’ll take it looking like crap as long as it exists haha
Completely agree that aesthetic difference between the interior of Yankee Stadium and the exterior is immense.

Completely agree that aesthetic difference between the interior of Yankee Stadium and the exterior is immense.
Well, the exterior has to look like the Cathedral of Baseball, while the interior has to function as a ballpark. Hard to bring those two together.

So Audi Field takes up less space than RBA?

I’m sure the club would have liked the Willets spot. Having been to the Etihad, the best thing about it is the fan fest areas before the match.

Well, the exterior has to look like the Cathedral of Baseball, while the interior has to function as a ballpark. Hard to bring those two together.
Err, umm, that’s what a good architect is trained to do. Populous designed the new Yankee stadium, so the only reason the interior ended up looking like a sterile piece of shit is because of the client not spending on the design aesthetics. There are many examples of wonderful interiors of stadiums that Populous designed, so any complaints should be directed toward the Yankees.

So Audi Field takes up less space than RBA?

I’m sure the club would have liked the Willets spot. Having been to the Etihad, the best thing about it is the fan fest areas before the match.
If you go by how much of the stadium is ever in use during a match per filled seats, RBA is about 40% of Audi Field

Reactions: ktdNYCFC and Kjbert
That was ambiguous, but by interior I was referring to the fan spaces within the shell, (ramps, food service windows, etc). They look like, at best, mid-20th century institutional spaces (schools, hospitals) and at worst like East European Communist-era public housing. They deaden my soul when I'm in there. The ball park itself is in between. It's not good, but not awful. It's rather nondescript with a partial nod to the old Stadium and otherwise looks like stadiums build in the 70s and 80s before Camden Yards changed everything.

Last edited:
That was ambiguous, but by interior I was referring to the fan spaces within the shell, (ramps, food service windows, etc). They look like, at best, mid-20th century institutional spaces (schools, hospitals) and at worst like East European Communist-era public housing. They deaden my soul when I'm in there. The ball park itself is in between. It's not good, but not awful. It's rather nondescript with partial nod to the old Stadium and otherwise looks like stadiums build in the 70s and 80s before Camden Yards changed everything.
I hate going up those ramps. Totally kills the feeling of being at a ballpark. At the very least, put up some drywall and plaster it with generic classic Yankee/Yankee Stadium imagery.

That was ambiguous, but by interior I was referring to the fan spaces within the shell, (ramps, food service windows, etc). They look like, at best, mid-20th century institutional spaces (schools, hospitals) and at worst like East European Communist-era public housing. They deaden my soul when I'm in there. The ball park itself is in between. It's not good, but not awful. It's rather nondescript with partial nod to the old Stadium and otherwise looks like stadiums build in the 70s and 80s before Camden Yards changed everything.
Got it, and 100% agree. Fan spaces at Yankee Stadium are like being in the industrial basement space at a mall. And the "fancy" clubs are like your usual college cafeteria.

Reactions: mgarbowski