Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Even if it's in spite of himself The Rangers are quite good so Dolan has to get some points there. If going strictly by the Knicks he might top Wilpon. Also he's good for laughing at entertainment value between that email exchange and the fact that he booked himself to Open for the Eagles at the garden... and sorry if this is straying off topic..
The Rangers are good because Dolan isn't involved with the team like he is with the Knicks. That's all Glen Sather.

so minnesota is submitting their plan for a downtown stadium in june...they will be joining the league in 2018 i think....we will still be in yankee stadium probably (sadly)

would have to agree. I don't think we can expect a stadium until 3 years from date of confirmed site announcement

Reactions: Kjbert and Buckley
Ran across this today:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article16177331.html

Photographers have managed to catch Beckham throughout his Miami trip, starting with his arrival Sunday at Miami International Airport. Monday night he was sitting next to Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine at a birthday party for fashion magnate Tommy Hilfiger. The two chatted about soccer, and Levine said Beckham gave a tacit thumbs-up to the idea of building a professional soccer stadium next to Marlins Park."

Would be a pretty tight fit.

Marlins-Park-from-Goodyear-Blimp-@FSMarlins-620x829.jpg

marlins_soccer_stadium.jpg

14azW1.So.56.jpeg

Reactions: Kjbert
If Marlins Stadium wasn't so enclosed, with the soccer stadium position so closed it would cause a problem (or benefit) that the Yankees with two stadiums built. It created a wind tunnel that caused the stadium to have the most home runs of any stadium ever.

The Jets don't sell out anymore. If the Yankees had moved to meadow lands I bet the attendance would have dropped by 25%. Baseball has to many games for people to travel to the meadow lands. thats why the Devils and nets have shit attendance. football only has 8 home games

The Jets don't sell out anymore. If the Yankees had moved to meadow lands I bet the attendance would have dropped by 25%. Baseball has to many games for people to travel to the meadow lands. thats why the Devils and nets have shit attendance. football only has 8 home games

2014 NFL Attendence
1. Dallas
2. Giants
3. Jets

Devils haven't played at the meadowlands in years. The Nets aren't even in NJ anymore.

If you think if the Yankees played next to MetLife that their attendence would drop 25% you're insane.

Not sure if this has been mentioned (92 page thread)... What is involved with building over water? I'm thinking of the Hudson River near the Holland Tunnel.

2014 NFL Attendence
1. Dallas
2. Giants
3. Jets

Devils haven't played at the meadowlands in years. The Nets aren't even in NJ anymore.

If you think if the Yankees played next to MetLife that their attendence would drop 25% you're insane.

No I am not insane I do think the attendance would drop by that 25%. Place sucks to get to
The Jets don't sell out anymore. how much do you think the marketing and discounted tickets cost them to sell those seats. they used to sell out before PSL.
Devils avg. attendance is 26th in a league of 30 teams
I don't care about Basketball anymore

No I am not insane I do think the attendance would drop by that 25%. Place sucks to get to
The Jets don't sell out anymore. how much do you think the marketing and discounted tickets cost them to sell those seats. they used to sell out before PSL.
Devils avg. attendance is 26th in a league of 30 teams
I don't care about Basketball anymore

Ding ding ding. Jets and Giants have nearly identical attendance numbers. They really don't have a problem getting fans to go to these games, but what little problem they do have has everything to do with PSL's not the location. PSL's would be a problem even if the the stadium was in midtown.

Reactions: northernburbs
Ding ding ding. Jets and Giants have nearly identical attendance numbers. They really don't have a problem getting fans to go to these games, but what little problem they do have has everything to do with PSL's not the location.

#'s are the same but the Jets have to market heavily. that costs $. Giants never have to do group discounts to visiting teams fans like the Jets

Another thing to key in on is the NFL experience at home is very good. With high ticket prices, cold weather, fantasy football, RedZone, other technology, ect. I believe I read attendance numbers have declined league wide. While the game as a whole has gotten more and more popular.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Toe and Kjbert
Another thing to key in on is the NFL experience at home is very good. With high ticket prices, fantasy football, RedZone, other technology, ect. I believe I read attendance numbers have declined league wide. While the game as a whole has gotten more and more popular.

That's understandable. I like football, but it's almost unwatchable at times. Too many commercials, time outs and no flow to the game. It's worse watching live. Getting up there with baseball.

Going off topic a tad...that is really the appeal of soccer and why people who never thought they'd watch soccer, now like it. I used to tell people, soccer got a bad rep in the US because Americans weren't exposed to GOOD soccer. But to the appeal now. We live in a fast paced instant gratification society and nobody has time for BS anymore. You get 90m of nonstop action. You have new stadiums. You have manageable commutes with the capacity. It's not expensive. You can watch top notch play throughout the year, throughout the world. There's diversity. No nationality or race are left out. You feel part of a community rather than just a fan. In a weird way, it's the perfect sport for today's society in America.

Another thing to key in on is the NFL experience at home is very good. With high ticket prices, cold weather, fantasy football, RedZone, other technology, ect. I believe I read attendance numbers have declined league wide. While the game as a whole has gotten more and more popular.

Shit takes forever. Plus Many of the players are a-holes. they get paid millions and complain about the team not respecting them. Hey they respected you to the tune of millions, shut up and play the game. Plus if you want respect don't stand up or protect or allow teammates to abuse women and beat children.