Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I've slowly backed away from baseball and now football. With soccer I know the game will begin at 3 Pm and I can be in my car by 5 pm. During that interval, there will be one 15 minute break. Otherwise, you're glued to your seat and there is no reason to leave.

Reactions: northernburbs
I agree with those who point out that soccer's continuous action provide a better fan experience. The question is the extent to which other fans will eventually come to recognize that.

When watching other sports on TV, every fan has to have that backup game to turn to when the main game is on a commercial. A couple years ago, I realized that soccer was great for this because it didn't have commercials and was therefore the most reliable backup. Then, I realized that after switching over, I was much happier just watching the soccer and would often not bother to switch back when the commercial on the other channel was over.

I can tell you I loved baseball and football. I barely watch baseball and when I do it's on a Saturday afternoon with friends while having a beer and talking with it in the background. I actually played football in college and I love football but the commercials have gotten so bad it's hard to watch. The NFL is awful there are way too many breaks college is a little better. You don't have a commercial, touchdown... commercial.... extra point.... commercial... kickoff.... commercial. NFL is tough and I have started to care less and less every year. Soccer has stolen my heart I get into the games and get glued to watching them. Over the past couple of years I have watched more and more and now I watch it all the time. I can't wait week in and week out for NYCFC to play.

I can tell you I loved baseball and football. I barely watch baseball and when I do it's on a Saturday afternoon with friends while having a beer and talking with it in the background. I actually played football in college and I love football but the commercials have gotten so bad it's hard to watch. The NFL is awful there are way too many breaks college is a little better. You don't have a commercial, touchdown... commercial.... extra point.... commercial... kickoff.... commercial. NFL is tough and I have started to care less and less every year. Soccer has stolen my heart I get into the games and get glued to watching them. Over the past couple of years I have watched more and more and now I watch it all the time. I can't wait week in and week out for NYCFC to play.

Same here. I still follow baseball, but it's soccer 24/7 for me. It's truly the greatest sport. Still boggles my mind that Americans are so slow at realizing this.

Soccer has slowly creeped up as one of my favorites but I don't think baseball will ever be topped for me. I love everything about it. Don't want to go too off topic here so I won't expound. I will say that I'm surprised more soccer fans don't feel as passionate about hockey which I find to be just as good. I'd say I enjoy soccer, baseball and hockey fairly evenly at this point.

let's keep this thread on topic lads...

Its very hard to keep the thread on topic when the team really has no stadium plan.

I fear that this will end like the Metrostars/Redbulls. More than a decade will pass before anything happens, and when it does it will be in a dissapointing location in New Jersey somewhere.

Soccer or NYCFC just does not have the political pull like baseball, basketball or hockey to get something done in the city. The Metrostars failed. The Redbulls gave up and stuck to New Jersey. The Cosmos really don't have a chance.

New SSS gotta have:

GA supporter section. Make the supporter section closed off to thevrest of the stadium.

Beer diversity. Have 100+ beers on tap.

How do you even see that working? Im assuming you don't actually understand how a tap/keg system works....

Unless you mean 100+ beers all over the stadium, which is worthless anyway because if its not near my seat im not traveling.

How do you even see that working? Im assuming you don't actually understand how a tap/keg system works....

Unless you mean 100+ beers all over the stadium, which is worthless anyway because if its not near my seat im not traveling.
Im not too keen on the engineering of taps and kegs. Ive been to Delirium in Brussels, Belgium and they have like 2,000 beers on tap

Reactions: LostAnvil

It's simple, you put them all in a giant tank together, swirl them around and rain it down on the supporters section after a goal.

Preferably with a giant hose.

"GothamGator: They should just run a separate hose to each seat. Just swipe your card and hold your cup under the tap."

Just pour it in my hands for a dime.

Chris Rock I'm gonna git you sucka.jpg

Reactions: leilanikali420