Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Honestly, NYC FC has a better shot at winning the MLS Cup than the Yankees do of winning the World Series. I'm a fan of both. But maybe the Yankees should stop complaining.

Irrelevant. The Yankees will make their owners >10x what NYCFC will. We are a fly on the wall, it doesn't matter how successful of a fly we are.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Irrelevant. The Yankees will make their owners >10x what NYCFC will. We are a fly on the wall, it doesn't matter how successful of a fly we are.

It will make their owners more but not greater than 10 times. The big soccer clubs of the world have revenue on par with big mlb clubs.

If they got kicked out and wound up at RBA, I'd still go watch them there. It's not like it's in Siberia. I work in midtown and it's not that far via train or car for that matter. Would not be ideal and would lose its appeal for many...but...I don't think RBA location is as big as a problem as everyone says. I've been to plenty of RB games that were packed...Saw Bayern there last year and the whole area was mobbed. It's the Red Bulls branding, marketing and front office passion that are the biggest culprits. Even the Devils and Nets used to pack them in when they were relevant and winning.

BUT. I do agree that the focus on building these 20k capacity stadiums in city downtowns is the right approach. It's more of a community/unity type of game. I believe that's what the appeal is in the US. Can you imagine what a soccer specific stadium in Manhattan would be like? that would be really cool. Our season tickets would be like gold.

If they got kicked out and wound up at RBA, I'd still go watch them there. It's not like it's in Siberia. I work in midtown and it's not that far via train or car for that matter. Would not be ideal and would lose its appeal for many...but...I don't think RBA location is as big as a problem as everyone says. I've been to plenty of RB games that were packed...Saw Bayern there last year and the whole area was mobbed. It's the Red Bulls branding, marketing and front office passion that are the biggest culprits. Even the Devils and Nets used to pack them in when they were relevant and winning.

BUT. I do agree that the focus on building these 20k capacity stadiums in city downtowns is the right approach. It's more of a community/unity type of game. I believe that's what the appeal is in the US. Can you imagine what a soccer specific stadium in Manhattan would be like? that would be really cool. Our season tickets would be like gold.

the Nets were 23rd in the NBA in attendance in 2002-2003 the season they went to their 2nd straight NBA finals. Averaging only just over 15k a game. The Devils last won the Stanley Cup in 2002-2003 season. They were also 23rd in attendance in the NHL that season, averaging under just 15k. During the 2011-2012 season the year the Devils went to the Stanley Cup finals they were 24th in attendance. This season the Devils are 26th. I'm from NJ, and we shouldn't have pro teams that are exclusively a "NJ team", we're NYC's market in Northern NJ and Philly's market in South Jersey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vallos
Wow. You are right lol. I was at Nets playoff games and Devils Cup finals - guess they could never capitalize on it all. Pathetic lol. Crazy how the NYRB average more then them at their peak.

So if the Jets/Giants sell out. Bayern and USMNT sell out. Soccer matches sell out at MetLife 70k +. Then it's not the venue, it's the product.

So my point is valid. RBA location isn't the problem. The Yankees were rumored to move to the meadowlands before they built their new stadium. If they did, they would have continued to sell out. If there wasn't the NYRB and NYFC and they built a 20k soccer specific stadium next to MetLife hosting let's say Metro FC, it would sell out. Easily.

Not stadium news exactly, but does show that we aren't the only ones thinking about a certain plot of land in Inwood:

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20150324/BLOGS04/150329955

Although on the other hand, having this kind of plan actually make it more difficult for anyone who wanted to plant a stadium there. I'm guessing a lot of people in the neighborhood would strongly prefer something like Rodriguez's plan over a stadium, whereas they might bre more open to the possibility if the alternative was the status quo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miguel Perez
Not stadium news exactly, but does show that we aren't the only ones thinking about a certain plot of land in Inwood:

Although on the other hand, having this kind of plan actually make it more difficult for anyone who wanted to plant a stadium there. I'm guessing a lot of people in the neighborhood would strongly prefer something like Rodriguez's plan over a stadium, whereas they might bre more open to the possibility if the alternative was the status quo.

I know the area very well (35+ years)...if the project brings jobs then they are all for it. Traffic would be insane but that's why we have the good ol' MTA for.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Wow. You are right lol. I was at Nets playoff games and Devils Cup finals - guess they could never capitalize on it all. Pathetic lol. Crazy how the NYRB average more then them at their peak.

So if the Jets/Giants sell out. Bayern and USMNT sell out. Soccer matches sell out at MetLife 70k +. Then it's not the venue, it's the product.

So my point is valid. RBA location isn't the problem. The Yankees were rumored to move to the meadowlands before they built their new stadium. If they did, they would have continued to sell out. If there wasn't the NYRB and NYFC and they built a 20k soccer specific stadium next to MetLife hosting let's say Metro FC, it would sell out. Easily.

The Jets don't sell out anymore. If the Yankees had moved to meadow lands I bet the attendance would have dropped by 25%. Baseball has to many games for people to travel to the meadow lands. thats why the Devils and nets have shit attendance. football only has 8 home games

I would think the Yankees knew that there weren't getting a stake in Barcelona or PSG, they clearly knew there getting a new franchise in MLS so them making more money than them is a clear given lol.

Last edited:

Didn't the city announce a few years ago a big tech project on Roosevelt Island. i thought Cornell had been selected as the partner University.

Didn't the city announce a few years ago a big tech project on Roosevelt Island. i thought Cornell had been selected as the partner University.
A Cornell booster had left $250mil to build a science center on Roosevelt Island, for the University, if I'm not mistaken

I know the area very well (35+ years)...if the project brings jobs then they are all for it. Traffic would be insane but that's why we have the good ol' MTA for.
Not knowing the area but going off that article only.if it requires regenerating an area,housing ,community based ,with enough land to build training ground next to the stadium it would tick all the boxes for cfg,especially if they enter some sort of partnership building the houses.they seem to be following the same formula over here as they did in the UK.the latest example is funding the youth academies this week.