Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Agree. I think they will work that out over time.

How exactly did it get scuttled in the first place?

Yankee_Stadium__East_161st_Street__Bronx__NY_-_Google_Maps.png

The plan was to build it here, which is currently a Yankees parking garage (that owes the city a shit-ton of back taxes) and an elevator factory (GAL). The story was that we were close to a deal and then the owner of GAL balked, maybe demanded an insane amount of money, and refused to move.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/pursuit-yankees-stadium-28236/

I support all New York soccer area teams. However, NYCFC doesn't seem to be making any movement on an actual stadium plan. We are going on year 2 and it seems like we are no where even close to a plan or location.

While the home opener, which I attended, was well attended and similar to the Metrostars opener, I fear that it will be a NYC team in name only while playing in NJ or some other suburb. Honestly at this point an actual Soccer specific stadium next to Metlife and with access to NJ transit would be better than Yankee Stadium.

Never in New Jersey !!!

I don't think the Yankees would add any additional seating or features to improve the soccer experience. They used to put additional bleacher style seating near the foul polls for college football games (you can see below). They only did this once and have subsequently not put them up during games. I think it just messed up the grass so they wouldn't do it again.

yankee-stadium-bowl-at-night.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert
Never in New Jersey !!!
I hope I am wrong, but there is absolutely nothing going on right now indicating that they are actively trying to come up with a plan for a stadium in NYC.

No incentive either for the Yankees to have NYCFC leave Yankee Stadium.

No financial incentive, but sharing the stadium is an inconvenience that the Yankees would rather avoid.

I think its more of a inconvenience for NYCFC. They are the ones that have to deal with the narrow field, uneven grass surface and scheduling headaches.

The Yankees don't even remove the pitching mound to accomodate for a wider field. They also get all game day revenue for 17 home dates. Thats more than enough incentive for them to keep them around for as long as possible.

there is absolutely nothing going on right now indicating that they are actively trying to come up with a plan for a stadium in NYC.
Just because you don't read or see every detail of a stadium search doesn't mean nothing is happening. Showing every card you are dealt while you are still putting together your hand puts a person/organization in a very weak bargaining position.

Not trolling. I am a paying customer, this a stadium thread and I want to see some movement on something regarding a stadium.

I am not going sit back and pretend like everything is swell just because Manchester City is behind this team.
No, you're a red bull fan that comes here to stir shit up.

No, you're a red bull fan that comes here to stir shit up.

Negative. I do want the Redbulls to do well because I have followed them since they were the Metrostars in 96. I also want NYCFC do welll because I'm a New Yorker and have always wanted a team in New York. But I will not sit back an applaud them for doing nothing to improve the roster or the stadium situation just because their NYCFC.

I hope I am wrong, but there is absolutely nothing going on right now indicating that they are actively trying to come up with a plan for a stadium in NYC.

I'm as much a "show me" fan as there is. In my opinion MC/CFG has done nothing to make this team big, a super club. How many DPs played on Saturday for NYCFC? You do realize RSL, SKC and Columbus freaking Ohio have more DPs? So I am also doubtful that CFG can actually build a stadium. However I also realize it ain't easy to build in NYC and it will take time. I do not believe CFG is doing "nothing". But perhaps they aren't doing enough.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Negative. I do want the Red Bulls to do well because I have followed them since they were the Metrostars in 96. I also want NYCFC do welll because I'm a New Yorker and have always wanted a team in New York. But I will not sit back an applaud them for doing nothing to improve the roster or the stadium situation just because their NYCFC.

I am with you regarding the Red Bulls. Once upon a time, I was a die hard fan of the Metrostars and was not pleased at all when the name was changed. When they built their stadium in Harrison for me it was a death knell. I could no longer see them as my NYC team. Presently I still do wish them well, and when NYCFC plays against them, I have no divided loyalty. My full enthusiastic support is for our NYC FC.

What I don't see why many of the fans have a rush to build a stadium? I see it as a newlywed couple looking for the perfect home meanwhile they lease from Yankee Stadium. (Its true that its far better business revenue deal for YS) 3-5 years its not bad. Its more important to build a loyal, loving fan base , than having the perfect home in an imperfect location, and having empty seats.

The home opener for Red Bulls did not had good home attendance. I cannot recall the figures but it was very obvious watching on TV the stadium (stadium capacity is 25 -30k) was half full. For our second home game it was 27, 545. A very good number despite the cold weather and dire predictions of snow precipitation. We the loyal fans were there.

What makes you think the powers that be at NYCFC would tell posters on a soccer forum their plan for a stadium?

The deliberate pace for a stadium has everything to do with getting it right and how important that is. An extra year or two in Yankee Stadium is well worth avoiding mistakes we would have to bear for 2-3 decades.

(The same dynamic is true for DPs. We have two. It's worth waiting for FL, even though it's ridiculous that we have to. No need to rush into #3).

We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and what leads they are chasing and discussing, so you can't accurately suggest that there is no movement. Yes we haven't heard anything, but that is inconsequential. We have learned thus far that our folks don't like to intentionally leak or share too much information (some would say to their/our detriment). I'm sure they are actively exploring all options. I'm sure they won't settle for a less-than-desirable location simply to get it done. It has to be done selectively and correct or it can/would be a monumental disaster. In sum, I don't see silence as a negative. And I don't expect a rushed solution.

Like I said on Twitter, Jason Davis is clueless about NYCFC. He would never have that kind of scoop, Nick Chavez and Dave Martinez would report that way before him.