Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Like D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins said he hates NYCFC, so he wouldn't just drop that news, he'd cancel guests and would throw a party on the podcast. The Fat Frank hoax on reddit was more credible but then again that was due to just waking up.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Like D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins said he hates NYCFC, so he wouldn't just drop that news, he'd cancel guests and would throw a party on the podcast. The Fat Frank hoax on reddit was more credible but then again that was due to just waking up.
When was it decided that Jason Davis hates NYCFC? I know that the producer of the show is a season ticket holder for the club and when I have listened to the show Jason seems pretty neutral. He has called the club out on some bullshit and made some cheap jokes at our expense but nothing out of the ordinary. The horse he keeps beating is that the club plays in a baseball stadium which he dislikes and I think all supporters can be honest and say it is far from ideal.

So what is it that makes it seem like Jason Davis hates NYCFC?

When was it decided that Jason Davis hates NYCFC? I know that the producer of the show is a season ticket holder for the club and when I have listened to the show Jason seems pretty neutral. He has called the club out on some bullshit and made some cheap jokes at our expense but nothing out of the ordinary. The horse he keeps beating is that the club plays in a baseball stadium which he dislikes and I think all supporters can be honest and say it is far from ideal.

D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins thinks that anyone being critical of NYCFC means that they hate the club.

Tone snark and cheap shots which is in line with the rest of the U.S. soccer "media".

I can tell you I loved baseball and football. I barely watch baseball and when I do it's on a Saturday afternoon with friends while having a beer and talking with it in the background. I actually played football in college and I love football but the commercials have gotten so bad it's hard to watch. The NFL is awful there are way too many breaks college is a little better. You don't have a commercial, touchdown... commercial.... extra point.... commercial... kickoff.... commercial. NFL is tough and I have started to care less and less every year. Soccer has stolen my heart I get into the games and get glued to watching them. Over the past couple of years I have watched more and more and now I watch it all the time. I can't wait week in and week out for NYCFC to play.

Same with me. Used to be a huge baseball and Yankees fan. Now honestly, I couldn't care less about baseball. With the insane money thrown at players that hardly ever live up to the contract, the really boring and slow pace, the media and their agendas, and has killed baseball for me. I used to be a huge nfl and ny giants fan. I still want the giants to do well as opposed to completely not caring but the nfl as a whole has gotten way too greedy, the owners are some of the worst people you can meet save for a few, and the game itself is not to interesting with all of the commercial breaks and senseless stop and go of the game. Not to mention both baseball and football take about 3 to 4 hours to complete. It's rediculous.

Now it's all soccer for me. I can't wait u til mls season. I check mls blogs and boards non stop. I hardly go to profootballtalk or giants related blogs. I used to be so into riveraveblues and lohud yankees. Not even with the mlb season approaching fast I couldn't care less.

No financial incentive, but sharing the stadium is an inconvenience that the Yankees would rather avoid.
I think its more of a inconvenience for NYCFC. They are the ones that have to deal with the narrow field, uneven grass surface and scheduling headaches.

The Yankees don't even remove the pitching mound to accomodate for a wider field. They also get all game day revenue for 17 home dates. Thats more than enough incentive for them to keep them around for as long as possible.

The baseball season hasn't begun yet; we have no idea how the Stadium's turf will hold up. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am under the impression that the sod that is sitting there now will not be used when the baseball season begins, and that the NYCFC matches will be played on the Stadium's regular turf.

If the grass gets torn up, then NYCFC will certainly be under pressure to get out. But if there's no damage, and if the Yankees therefore don't experience any disruption, then maybe the football club can stay at the Stadium indefinitely. Playing in one of the world's most famous stadia, in a location reachable by the subway and commuter rail, could easily work out to be a big plus for the team.

The "small pitch" critique doesn't hold much water, either. The 110 x 70 dimensions are the same as West Ham's pitch at Upton Park; the width of the White Hart Lane pitch is only three yards greater.

The only legitimate potential issue that I have heard raised is the one brought up by Taylor Twellman: that the position of the stands relative to the playing surface might create awkward and confusing sightlines for the players.

We have to hope that no Yankee turns his ankle on the field this year -- or, if he does, let's hope that it happens on the third-base side of the infield grass, where the soccer field doesn't touch. We must hope that NYCFC will be able to assess playing Yankee Stadium based on how it works for them, without undue pressure from the Yankees.

The "small pitch" critique doesn't hold much water, either. The 110 x 70 dimensions are the same as West Ham's pitch at Upton Park; the width of the White Hart Lane pitch is only three yards greater.

this is more or less, a standard sized field. 110x75 is the maximum a field can be, as far as i know, not many teams actually go the full size to cater to how their team plays most often. it may feel small because theres so much space around it.

The baseball season hasn't begun yet; we have no idea how the Stadium's turf will hold up. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am under the impression that the sod that is sitting there now will not be used when the baseball season begins, and that the NYCFC matches will be played on the Stadium's regular turf.

I can't imagine that they're going to re-sod the field. This is it. The reason I think this is because they want the grass to root itself to the surface below so that there's no shifting. MLB season starts in a few days, no time to re-sod and do all that.

I think it will all be fine. The Yankees have already stated a few times that they're confident that the field condition will hold up. I also can't imagine the Yankees forcing NYCFC to leave. After all, they're part owners and that drama wouldn't be good for anyone.

Reactions: Paul and Goodfella
Can someone clear the air on why the Bronx deal fell through? It's so confusing that there are two stories floating around - one that the DeBlasio is somehow to blame, and another that the owner of the factory drastically increased his price.

My best GUESS to rectify the two stories is that Bloomberg was offering some sort of tax break package AND willing to help the club by seizing the property thru eminent domain to force the factory owner out. DeBlasio may have taken the tax breaks off the table, but the biggest harm he could do to the deal would be to take the eminent domain seizure option off the table.

The factory owner was probably asking an obscene amount from the beginning, or was not willing to sell. The club was counting on going through the city to get it at a market price, but with that off the table, they can't force him to sell.

Again, this is my speculation. Does anyone have confirmation of the ACTUAL story?

Can someone clear the air on why the Bronx deal fell through? It's so confusing that there are two stories floating around - one that the DeBlasio is somehow to blame, and another that the owner of the factory drastically increased his price.

My best GUESS to rectify the two stories is that Bloomberg was offering some sort of tax break package AND willing to help the club by seizing the property thru eminent domain to force the factory owner out. DeBlasio may have taken the tax breaks off the table, but the biggest harm he could do to the deal would be to take the eminent domain seizure option off the table.

The factory owner was probably asking an obscene amount from the beginning, or was not willing to sell. The club was counting on going through the city to get it at a market price, but with that off the table, they can't force him to sell.

Again, this is my speculation. Does anyone have confirmation of the ACTUAL story?
In a deal involving billionaires and politicians, do you think anyone knows the real story?

I doubt they were going to use eminent domain, but maybe there were some tax breaks that were going to offset the demands of the factory owner. He deserves a premium of some kind to relocate his business, which is not only costly, but involves risk.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Speaking out of ignorance, but what sort of risk would an elevator parts company undergo with a relocation? Does such a company need a prime spot to do that sort of business?

Last edited:
Can't they just send some hired goons over to the elevator factory? :p

Well Tottenham have been in the process of building a new stadium for a few years now. They bought up all of the land next to their stadium so they could build a new one across the street.

Everyone except Archway Steel, a small company that ironically enough was owned by Arsenal supporters. (For those unfamiliar, it would be as if this elevator company was owned by Red Bull fans) Recently there was a "mysterious fire." Which gutted most of it.

There has since been a court ruling stating that Archway are to sell the land to Spurs and the stadium should see construction beginning in a year or two. Maybe we'll go down that same route.

Here is an article, almost a year old. This certainly sounds like they are open to relocation, and leaves me to think this site will indeed be the place we call home!

"We don't have a loading dock," he said, motioning to the narrow, one-level area where GAL can load trucks only with a forklift. "If we had one or two docks in a new location, it would be enormously useful."

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20140505/PROFESSIONAL_SERVICES/305049997/doors-open-for-elevator-company

I totally agree that this company, an 88 year old Bronx success story (as stated in the article) should be treated fairly and with the utmost respect.

Here is an article, almost a year old. This certainly sounds like they are open to relocation, and leaves me to think this site will indeed be the place we call home!

"We don't have a loading dock," he said, motioning to the narrow, one-level area where GAL can load trucks only with a forklift. "If we had one or two docks in a new location, it would be enormously useful."

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20140505/PROFESSIONAL_SERVICES/305049997/doors-open-for-elevator-company

I really hope this is true. NYCFC's new stadium needs to be in a convenient location for everyone in order to grow. 153rd St in the Bronx is a great location. I was concerned that if NYCFC couldn't find a location in the boroughs for their new stadium, the stability of the team could be in jeopardy and they could turn into another Chivas USA.

I really hope this is true. NYCFC's new stadium needs to be in a convenient location for everyone in order to grow. 153rd St in the Bronx is a great location. I was concerned that if NYCFC couldn't find a location in the boroughs for their new stadium, the stability of the team could be in jeopardy and they could turn into another Chivas USA.
It absolutely has to be in the Bronx, too. I think accessibility to Westchester and further upstate is a huge advantage. You'd get them coming into the Bronx, but certainly not Queens or Brooklyn. Plus, prices in BK or Queens are just skyrocketing, while prices in the Bronx are still cheap. 1.3 million people (SERIOUSLY) take the 4,5,6 every day. Keeping it on that line is a must for the best accessibility for the most fans.

It absolutely has to be in the Bronx, too. I think accessibility to Westchester and further upstate is a huge advantage. You'd get them coming into the Bronx, but certainly not Queens or Brooklyn. Plus, prices in BK or Queens are just skyrocketing, while prices in the Bronx are still cheap. 1.3 million people (SERIOUSLY) take the 4,5,6 every day. Keeping it on that line is a must for the best accessibility for the most fans.

In addition to that, seems like they've gotten pretty good at clearing everyone out of the Yankees Stadium area on the subway—having the D train ready has made it pretty easy to get out both times, for me at least. It would take a lot of doing to get it down to that kind of a science somewhere new.