Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Wow, what did I miss today??? I thought it was 3 pages of tax information and holy cow! This would be a perfect site for my selfish reasons. I work by GC, so I can take the 7 after work. Live in LI, so I take the LIRR home. And can take LIRR both ways to games on the weekends and drink my head off :). I even get to see it all the time passing by on the LIE. Maybe all my bitching on the phone to the reps has paid off. Also has amazing views, water access, tons of transportation options, even the Westchester people here who only want the Bronx and screw the rest of us can easily get there from GC and taking a quick 7 ride. Let's do this!!!!

It IS zone for manufacturing lol
still too nice of an area. look where GAL is currently. Look at this site. Its a stones throw away from some high end condo's. If it is true that the yankees bought it, im sure there is a cheaper place to buy to put GAL.

Reactions: Ulrich
It's still on the schedule, 6 trains arriving in the morning, 5 leaving in the afternoon. There might be others but I only checked the ones to Jamaica Station. Not saying you're wrong, just going by the schedules.
I think you're looking at a different line. I'll confess I'm not fully certain of this but I'm reasonably confident. I believe this line is maintained and operated solely for freight by the New York and Atlantic Railway.
http://www.anacostia.com/railroads/nya
railway-map.png

I believe the line you're discussing is north of these tracks. These tracks do lead to Jamaica, but I believe carry only freight and I see no LIRR stops indicated on them on any map between here and Jamaica.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
sp-small.png

I think you're looking at a different line. I'll confess I'm not fully certain of this but I'm reasonably confident. I believe this line is maintained and operated solely for freight by the New York and Atlantic Railway.
http://www.anacostia.com/railroads/nya
View attachment 4332

I believe the line you're discussing is north of these tracks. These tracks do lead to Jamaica, but I believe carry only freight and I see no LIRR stops indicated on them on any map between here and Jamaica.
Yeah, I think you're right. I've looked closer at the maps and while they do still have passenger service out of the Long Island City station it looks like the tracks we're talking about aren't used for that. The "stadium" freight tracks go out to the Maspeth warehouse district, whereas the LIC station tracks take a quick turn and head more north towards Woodside and Jamaica.

Reactions: mgarbowski
One thing tho, isn't us discussing this bringing potentially unwanted attention to whatever the team has planned? The last thing I'd want is our thirst for info to kinda mess up what they're doing.

perhaps....but stuff gets leaked all the time for anyone

One thing tho, isn't us discussing this bringing potentially unwanted attention to whatever the team has planned? The last thing I'd want is our thirst for info to kinda mess up what they're doing.
Doubt the Fresh Direct Owners frequent this forum.

ayy yoo whats up with people coming after you NYCFCfan on twitter

other bloggers getting all pissy about your article....lol...this is speculation just like anything else stadium related

Reactions: Kjbert
ayy yoo whats up with people coming after you NYCFCfan on twitter

other bloggers getting all pissy about your article....lol...this is speculation just like anything else stadium related
Rather amusing for NYCFCfan to be targeted by an EoS blogger considering his write-up has so much more depth and investigative analysis than anything EoS has every put out.... and like he said, it's not even his day job (and everybody knows it).....

This is great work guys. Let's hope that's our spot.

Does anyone know what is currently in the buildings on the other side of Borden Ave.? It's possible that the Club would want to expand in that direction - re-routing Borden along what is now 51st Ave.

Reactions: Kjbert and Statler