Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I'm totally fine with 25-26k with the option to expand a bit more eventually.

Well, yeah. I think that's pretty much common info. Belmont, Flushing, and the Bronx.
I guess, but at least it confirms that there is a single site we're looking at in these areas versus multiple in the Bronx for instance?

Not much of an update, but still nice to hear something from the league?

Reactions: Kjbert
I guess, but at least it confirms that there is a single site we're looking at in these areas versus multiple in the Bronx for instance?

Not much of an update, but still nice to hear something from the league?

I mean I'm sure the club has looked at dozens of locations, but some have more of a chance of happening than others. Those are probably the three "finalists" they're trying to lock in. Frankly, Citi Field area seems like the most likely scenario if they can make it work -- that's almost certainly the one they're gunning for, especially after they saw how the fanbase reacted to playing there.

I mean I'm sure the club has looked at dozens of locations, but some have more of a chance of happening than others. Those are probably the three "finalists" they're trying to lock in.
Oh yeah for sure, but Belmont feels like a sham regardless, minus the renderings so we have some idea what our future home might look like. I'm like 99% sure it's down to Willets Point or somewhere in the Bronx.

Also thought it was interesting how he also said with us that he feels confident Boston will get a stadium as well.

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
Oh yeah for sure, but Belmont feels like a sham regardless, minus the renderings so we have some idea what our future home might look like. I'm like 99% sure it's down to Willets Point or somewhere in the Bronx.

Also thought it was interesting how he also said with us that he feels confident Boston will get a stadium as well.

Yeah Belmont was playing nice with the politicians -- doing due diligence. I don't think the club really wanted to move there. My guess is they'd probably like to stay in the Yankee Stadium area, but will do Citi Field area if it develops for them.

Reactions: COLINMOUTH and Bane
Yeah Belmont was playing nice with the politicians -- doing due diligence. I don't think the club really wanted to move there. My guess is they'd probably like to stay in the Yankee Stadium area, but will do Citi Field area if it develops for them.
Bronx is always the most ideal site, but if we can get Willets Point, I think we'd be fools to turn it down.

One key point of contention is stadiums, for teams both current and prospective. Garber says he still expects stadiums for both New York City FC and the New England Revolution in the coming years, even if the push to get into New York City and Boston has been difficult.

lol New England is never getting one as long as the Krafts own that team.

And if NYCFC are going to have to wait years for a stadium, good luck with all of that.

One key point of contention is stadiums, for teams both current and prospective. Garber says he still expects stadiums for both New York City FC and the New England Revolution in the coming years, even if the push to get into New York City and Boston has been difficult.

And if NYCFC are going to have to wait years for a stadium, good luck with all of that.
Might be blind optimism, but I genuinely believe that we will absolutely be at least in middle of construction by the start of the new decade.

To be fair, what does "in the coming years" mean? It will most definitely be years before we get one as first there needs to be the announcement, the legal bullshit, and construction. Its not like they'll announce the stadium and then poof we have one.

To be fair, what does "in the coming years" mean? It will most definitely be years before we get one as first there needs to be the announcement, the legal bullshit, and construction. Its not like they'll announce the stadium and then poof we have one.
I agree that a stadium fully built will be years, but an announcement can come as soon as early next year I hope!