Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
and you can feel free believing this fantasy that they can sell out two levels of YS on bi weekly basis in NYC. with shitty views and netting

no baseball stadium. no team in nyc, unless metlife as an option and that would of been worse.

EDIT: im in bleachers so im fine and still fine as long as prices dont go way up which it has not in two years, i damn well knew what i was getting myself into with YS as venue.

There's no way you could've known what you were getting into if you joined in 2015 or 2016. As far as everyone knew, YS was going to be temporary. The meeting wasn't up either.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Please show me where I said that? If you can’t, then drop it. Otherwise, you’re just putting words in my mouth that I never wrote nor alluded to.

you said shitty business model, meaning attendance is huge part of that. so it is shitty, we knew that for couple years now. i dont see why you mentioning it now. only way you put butt in seats it seems was was big names, and even that started to fail after a while. venue is an issue, we know that, all your points are obvious and have been mentioned many times already.

There's no way you could've known what you were getting into if you joined in 2015 or 2016. As far as everyone knew, YS was going to be temporary. The meeting wasn't up either.

i always have said ( i guess half jokingly) that i was expecting to stay in YS for 10 years, i dont know how to do search on here but i know i mentioned it here either 2015/ 2016. why? because i damn well know in nyc it takes forever to get anything done ( if at all) barclays took like 10 years from start to finish to finally occur with all red tape going on. from idea to planning to permits to actual construction.

Last edited:
you said shitty business model, meaning attendance is huge part of that. so it is shitty, we knew that for couple years now. i dont see why you mentioning it now. only way you put butt in seats it seems was was big names, and even that started to fail after a while. venue is an issue, we know that, all your points are obvious and have been mentioned many times already.
So you can’t show me where I said the things your wrote?

If I say shitty business model, I said shitty business model. You then attributed to me “fantasy ideas about selling out upper levels of YS” - which I didn’t write. Don’t use straw man arguments and move the goal posts when called out on it.

So you can’t show me where I said the things your wrote?

If I say shitty business model, I said shitty business model. You then attributed to me “fantasy ideas about selling out upper levels of YS” - which I didn’t write. Don’t use straw man arguments and move the goal posts when called out on it.

look man you saying stuff thats already been said time and time again, and obvious things man. cincy is a different market so approached differently. This is nyc in YS, it aint gonna be easy selling the place, thtas all im saying, im even skeptic the best business model from MLS will easily work in YS.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
You can afford $5 seats when you have your own stadium that sells luxury boxes for $80,000 a pop.

Please, luxury boxes will likely start at $100K a season.

These are Red Bull prices from nearly a decade ago: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2010/01/23/red-bull-arena-skybox-and-club-seat-pricing-announced

You know there will be a New York City premium on them.

It's more than NYCFC/CFG only makes 15% of potential advertising and marketing revenue at Yankee Stadium. At their own stadium, that number explodes.

Stadium naming right
Suite/Club naming rights
All fixed and removal signage
On grass sponsors (I've seen Man City with Amazon on the pitch during the All or Nothing marketing push)
Expanded opportunities for product/service activations

Look. Sports teams in NY generally have lower-count stadiums. MSG? ~20k. Barclays? 20k. Nassau Coliseum? (REBUILT, mind you) 14k. Even NJ's RBA has just 25k. If a 25k soccer stadium is coming to the city, with more capacity than any other stadium in the city, it ain't for a minor league team.
MSG is one of the larger NBA arenas (6th out of 29), Yankee stadium one of the larger MLB stadiums (also 6th) and RBA, Citi Field and MSG for hocker are all in the top half.

I’d love the see all the Westchester people bitch and cry if it’s announced.

I live in Westchester, and it really isn't that much worse to get to Citi. Yankee Stadium is closer, but it's not like Willets is an hour farther away than YS.

People are going to complain because people complain, and while I'd certainly prefer the location near YS, Willets would be more than fine.

Since I’m a self-professed pedant and asshole, can I point out that “could of” and “could’ve” aren’t the same thing? One is a word (a contraction, but a word), the other is two words that should never be found next to one another in a proper sentence. And I’m 100% sure that’s the case because I thought about it for at least 25 seconds before writing this post.

Last edited: