#StartEirik

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
It needs it's own thread. It's getting ridiculous. From watching the games, to goalkeeper stats, to a manager in the team store telling me that fans are getting customized Johansen jerseys more than Saunders, it's time for Saunders to be benched. It's never been brought up to Vieira in a post game press conference or #askNYCFC video. In the preseason, there was a poll that voted Johansen the starter 70% to 30%. A Third Rail twitter poll last week had very similar results. Start EIRIK JOHANSEN! #StartEirik

giphy.gif

Start tweeting this to the NYCFC power structure. all of them - Claudio, Vieira, Patricof. and highlight that we currently have the worst GK in the league. tag national name accounts to it to get more exposure - Ian Darke, Ian Joy, Men in Blazers, etc. Get as much exposure to the #StartEirik hashtag as possible.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and adam
I'll do my part, I'll put the numbers out there. I said it, one more bad performance from Saunders and I will fully dump on him. ENOUGH!
latest

sometimes a change like this can be exactly what a team needs
Exactly! The rest of the team wants to feel like their hard work isn't going to be wasted. For all of the crap I give Villa, he worked his ass off last night more so than normal with his press. The only time I was mad at him was his obvious dive & hands to the face looking for a penalty after it was tied 1-1.

New GK ---> team continues high energy...... same GK ---> teams wonders what's the point and lacks motivation (may have been the issue at Columbus and Philly).

Do we know, for a fact yet, that EJ is better with the ball at his feet than Josh? I remember him coming off his line vs. Cincy in the preseason, miss the ball and concede the late winner, but I don't remember much else from him previously.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Do we know, for a fact yet, that EJ is better with the ball at his feet than Josh? I remember him coming off his line vs. Cincy in the preseason, miss the ball and concede the late winner, but I don't remember much else from him previously.

Even if he is, the pre-season game was saw him in showed he had better decision-making skills than Saunders. I doubt he'd have conceded that goal last night, for example, when Saunders was so hideously slow off his line to come for the ball.

My guess is that the reality is that EJ is not as good as we think/hope and that, once he plays, we'll see weaknesses and limitations just like one sees is every MLS player (particularly those who are from Europe, but choosing to play here). That said, the bar is pretty low for improvement right now, and I hope PV gives it a shot soon.

Until we sign De Gea, every keeper we have will show weaknesses. But there is no way EJ is as bad as Saunders is - not even possible considering how often and how many mistakes he makes each game. And I'm talking about mistakes, not simply being beaten when doing everything correctly.

Replacing Saunders doesn't fix the team overnight, not by a long shot. Unless we're expecting Johansen to make some good runs off the ball in the opposition's half for some reason.

I don't know if Eirik is the future or not, and I doubt many of us on here really know either, but he can't be much worse than Saunders. It's a no-brainer really.

My guess is that the reality is that EJ is not as good as we think/hope and that, once he plays, we'll see weaknesses and limitations just like one sees is every MLS player (particularly those who are from Europe, but choosing to play here). That said, the bar is pretty low for improvement right now, and I hope PV gives it a shot soon.

Yeah, Eirik is probably not good either, but until he gets a chance all we know is that Saunders blows and it's just going to get people mad to see him in net. Give Eirik a chance and if he sucks too then go back to Saunders until we can get a goalie this summer

The fact is that Josh isn't the reason we're not winning. A change in goal is needed in my opinion. But it won't change the team.

I wan Eirik to play. I'm over Josh. I just don't think it's as big of a fix to the team's issues as some do.

Reactions: Christopher Jee