Supporter Flags

This sign, with our crest
third-rail.jpg

I came up with this, seems more like something we could do, and its more NYC style

And another, basic logo icon with the 3 adidas stripes:
e9t34l.png

Last edited:
Hoping to breathe some life back into this thread.

A couple flag ideas I had. Any suggestions for improvement would be appreciated!
Based off of England's - St. George's Cross flag. With the NYC colors and Sky blue.
XRvBOk4.png

This isn't so much a flag as it is a cool icon of Jason Kreis. We could use it as a flag, or banner, maybe part of a tifo? IF you wanted to get fancy, we would change the colors to the FC colors.
kX2JhnK.png

Modeled after the Scandinavian flags, very similar to St George's Cross
kpqOw7r.png

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Okay... NOW I know where this flag came from in the facebook group. I told you guys I'm the new guy. Sorry.

Okay... I think I don't like this flag because of the baby blue mixed with the orange. I love the orange, but I think it has to be the third color because the baby blue and orange is weird combo to me. I like the navy/orange as the first two colors for the flag and I like the baby blue/dark blue as the first two colors of the flag. I don't like this baby blue/orange first two colors.

Thoughts?

I would suggest using the current NYC flag replacing the city crest with only thr interlocking NYC from the NYC crest. This gives a stronger connection to NYC instead of St George's cross (often connected to England) and the Scandinavian cross (often connected to the Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland). We aren't part of any of the 5 countries mentioned.

Another suggestion I have is based on the us flag with 13,stripes alternating in orange and white with a blue field. We can have the name of the supporters group or NYCFC or other text along the stripes like some of the historical US battle flags in the civil war. We can have a crest in the blue field. Add a star around the crest for each MLS Cup won.

Last edited:
Okay... NOW I know where this flag came from in the facebook group. I told you guys I'm the new guy. Sorry.

Okay... I think I don't like this flag because of the baby blue mixed with the orange. I love the orange, but I think it has to be the third color because the baby blue and orange is weird combo to me. I like the navy/orange as the first two colors for the flag and I like the baby blue/dark blue as the first two colors of the flag. I don't like this baby blue/orange first two colors.

Thoughts?
No worries man! Both sites work together, a lot of the content is shared. I agree, at first the combination is off-putting. So what you're saying is - the cross itself should be Orange (border 1), White (thicker second line), Navy Blue (main cross)?

For the sake of symbolism, the background would need to stay Sky Blue, and the cross would need to stay with the combination above - honestly, I have no idea why I didn't do that in the first place....The cross colors represent the NYC Flag....and the Sky Blue represents MC - they are the background to who we are, but NYC is first and foremost.

I did two variations for you though:
nCPwdNv.jpg

6weN3oJ.jpg

gotta be honest though, I still prefer the bold orange cross

I would suggest using the current NYC flag replacing the city crest with only thr interlocking NYC from the NYC crest. This gives a stronger connection to NYC instead of St George's cross (often connected to England) and the Scandinavian cross (often connected to the Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland). We aren't part of any of the 5 countries mentioned.

Another suggestion I have is based on the us flag with 13,stripes alternating in orange and white with a blue field. We can have the name of the supporters group or NYCFC or other text along the stripes like some of the historical US battle flags in the civil war. We can have a crest in the blue field. Add a star around the crest for each MLS Cup won.
We could argue that the Vinland flag is our connection to the Scandinavian flag.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinnland_flag
Vinland_flag.svg

The NYC Flag that you mentioned would be ideal but we can't use the NYCFC logo - licensing issues.
Which is why I started exploring other styles that incorporate the City colors.

We can create our own interlocking NYC mark if someone has mad tight typography skills. The other solution is to use the supporter club's crest. I am actually trying to contract a designer friend of mine to create some concepts.

We can also use the Dutch tricolor and use all that abundant horizontal space. We can have text running across the blue and orange bars; i.e. Name of group on the orange bar, group's crest and Est 2013 in the white bar, 5 Boroughs. 1 City in the blue bar.

No worries man! Both sites work together, a lot of the content is shared. I agree, at first the combination is off-putting. So what you're saying is - the cross itself should be Orange (border 1), White (thicker second line), Navy Blue (main cross)?

For the sake of symbolism, the background would need to stay Sky Blue, and the cross would need to stay with the combination above - honestly, I have no idea why I didn't do that in the first place....The cross colors represent the NYC Flag....and the Sky Blue represents MC - they are the background to who we are, but NYC is first and foremost.

I did two variations for you though:
nCPwdNv.jpg

6weN3oJ.jpg

gotta be honest though, I still prefer the bold orange cross

Ok, try the dark blue flag with orange cross, and then baby blue outline.... or forget the baby blue and use that in the Type/Logo only.

I just think Sky blue and Orange look weird combo. I'm down with the orange now.

How about we dropped the European inspired concepts and try something more American? 'Murica

Concept 1 - Sky blue field for Man City. Orange (an nyc color) snake. Navy blue grass (NYC and Yankees). Lady Liberty's crown above the snake. Crown to strengthen tie to NYC, its iconic.

Concept 2a. Alternating navy blue and sky blue lines. 13 stripes total, NY being an original 13 colony. Orange snake.

Concept 2b. White Field but with 5 blue stripes. 5 stripes = 5 boroughs. 3 stripes in navy blue and two in sky blue. Stripes would be alternating white,blue, white, blue, white , blue, white, blue, white blue, white. Orange snake

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-25-17-54-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-25-17-54-55.png
    359.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2014-04-25-17-54-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-25-17-54-29.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 32
Slide1.jpg Slide1.jpg Slide1.jpg
First: Flag is just generic

Second: Just the Third Rail logo

Third: Third Rail with wording

The NYC Flag that you mentioned would be ideal but we can't use the NYCFC logo - licensing issues.
Which is why I started exploring other styles that incorporate the City colors.

I think for tifo like supporter flags and banners licensing issues would not apply, since they are not commercial merchandise. On the contrary I would be surprised if NYCFC's front office would prefer to see anything else in the stands.

Reactions: fdogg96
I think for tifo like supporter flags and banners licensing issues would not apply, since they are not commercial merchandise. On the contrary I would be surprised if NYCFC's front office would prefer to see anything else in the stands.
All I know is when the SG and the Forum contacted NYCFC it was made pretty clear that we couldn't use the logo.

Reactions: fdogg96
All I know is when the SG and the Forum contacted NYCFC it was made pretty clear that we couldn't use the logo.
When it comes to the forum, supporter group logo and commercial merchandize that makes perfect sense, but for tifo I reckon that the situation must be different. I dont know of any team in the worldthat does not allow its supporters to display the teams logo on its tifo. They'd actually benefit when their brand is flying on all banners whenever the tv broadcasts etc. show the vibrant supporters section and the 'NYCFC experience' that comes with it. And in the worst case scenario
d if they are really so tight about it, I am sure the FO would at least be willing to sell flags like that themselves, with our input.

When it comes to the forum, supporter group logo and commercial merchandize that makes perfect sense, but for tifo I reckon that the situation must be different. I dont know of any team in the worldthat does not allow its supporters to display the teams logo on its tifo. They'd actually benefit when their brand is flying on all banners whenever the tv broadcasts etc. show the vibrant supporters section and the 'NYCFC experience' that comes with it. And in the worst case scenario
d if they are really so tight about it, I am sure the FO would at least be willing to sell flags like that themselves, with our input.
Everton. Bayern.