Supporters Club Name?

There's plenty of words I don't like either for no particular reason. Army isn't a hooligan feel its just the most redundant name possible. Ultras I've already made some comments about and the Natives name isn't exactly without a history of bloodshed. Dead Rabbits has been mentioned so many times and if its not been adopted yet it never will be. Still like the Godfather/Mafia theme certainly more than the gangs depicted in GONY.

Last edited:
Check out Roger Ebert's GONY review and the quote at the end which sort of sums up my thoughts. Anyone else having issues posting and editing stuff in this thread for some weird reason?

Just gonna throw some idea out there:

Borough Brigade?
The Gotham Brigade?
Gotham City Soldiers?
Gotham City Contingent?
The Blue Battery?

I really like the idea of having Gotham in it. It's already well known reference to New York and sounds intimidating.

Just gonna throw some idea out there:

Borough Brigade?
The Gotham Brigade?
Gotham City Soldiers?
Gotham City Contingent?
The Blue Battery?

I really like the idea of having Gotham in it. It's already well known reference to New York and sounds intimidating.
I agree about Gotham. I think Gotham City Soldiers, Gotham City Brigade, and even Gotham City Supporters are all great choices.

I was also thinking the Gotham Gang but that might have too much of a negative connotation

I like The Gotham Brigade also
For some reason I just think Gotham feels right. Other names just feel forced to me. Like you have to look for a reason for it to make sense.

Seems like quite a few people take issue with any name with any connotation of violence, including brigade, army, soldiers, etc. Personally I don't mind it at all, and I think that Gotham City Brigade or The Gotham Brigade is the best, as imho "brigade" is a very neutral term, relative to hooligans or ultras et al. But obviously we want a name everybody feels comfortable with. However, it seems there is a consensus that Gotham is to be part of the name.

In light of our MTA inspired crest, I think the 3rd Rail would be a nice variation of the 12th man. We're electrifying, we power the team, we get the team to the its destination, and you don't want to touch us or we'll kill you.

Last edited:
I was looking at other MLS supporters groups, and the Galaxy has a group called "Angel City Brigade" and the Whitecaps have "Rain City Brigade" so Gotham City Brigade may look lazy, should have done this before suggesting it. I still really like the way it sounds, but we may want to think of something else. But like what was said earlier, I think working Gotham into our name is ideal. We could try something like Gotham City Battery/Contingent/Soldiers since those have not been used yet. Here's a link to all the known supporters groups in MLS if anyone wants to look and brainstorm.
http://www.mlssoccer.com/fans/supporters

Reactions: einwindir
I was looking at other MLS supporters groups, and the Galaxy has a group called "Angel City Brigade" and the Whitecaps have "Rain City Brigade" so Gotham City Brigade may look lazy, should have done this before suggesting it. I still really like the way it sounds, but we may want to think of something else. But like what was said earlier, I think working Gotham into our name is ideal. We could try something like Gotham City Battery/Contingent/Soldiers since those have not been used yet. Here's a link to all the known supporters groups in MLS if anyone wants to look and brainstorm.
http://www.mlssoccer.com/fans/supporters

This is a great point. And drawing from the comment made by MyBoyCity, I'm of the school that we should try to make our SG as all inclusive as possible. This means trying to distance ourselves from names that may have violent connotations. Now if the general consensus is a name that includes "Army" or "Soldiers" then I will support it.

For what it's worth though of all the names we've heard, my favorites are:

Gotham
Gotham Group (although this one kind of sounds like an investment firm)
Gotham City Group
Gotham Supporters
Gotham City Supporters
Five Points
Five Pointers - I just can't give up the hope of having an SG with a Bill the Butcher or a Dead Rabbit on a pike as a crest.

When I hear the name Arkham Asylum I immediately see it as the hooligans of Gotham. Which I think would be pretty awesome.

I'd like to get around 10-15 names that we can all put to vote. Perhaps after the end of a week we can take the top 5 and put those to a vote. And lastly, the top two of that group can be voted on. I want the entire community come together, we need a name that will include everyone's input.

This is a great point. And drawing from the comment made by MyBoyCity, I'm of the school that we should try to make our SG as all inclusive as possible. This means trying to distance ourselves from names that may have violent connotations. Now if the general consensus is a name that includes "Army" or "Soldiers" then I will support it.

For what it's worth though of all the names we've heard, my favorites are:

Gotham
Gotham Group (although this one kind of sounds like an investment firm)
Gotham City Group
Gotham Supporters
Gotham City Supporters
Five Points
Five Pointers - I just can't give up the hope of having an SG with a Bill the Butcher or a Dead Rabbit on a pike as a crest.

When I hear the name Arkham Asylum I immediately see it as the hooligans of Gotham. Which I think would be pretty awesome.

I'd like to get around 10-15 names that we can all put to vote. Perhaps after the end of a week we can take the top 5 and put those to a vote. And lastly, the top two of that group can be voted on. I want the entire community come together, we need a name that will include everyone's input.
Out of curiosity, why are you more bothered by army and soldiers than references to a violent and discriminatory gang?

The Stem

The root of the "big apple" as I understand it, is that apples were gigs in the jazz age, and NY was the big one. With a lot of clubs being on Broadway, it became known as the Stem.

The Sandhogs.
These are the guys that dig the tunnels under the City http://sandhogs147.org/ . Again they are key infrastructure for the city, they blow stuff up, and there's something warpig-ish about it.

I also like Five Points.

If the color scheme were darker, the Navy Yard would work.