Supporters Club Name?

What do you think of New Amsterdam Battery?

It's a little wordy but it sounds awesome.

Head over to to the polling thread and submit one of your ideas.
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/submit-a-supporters-name.71/#post-665

I was knocking around the New Amsterdam name myself a few days back. I love your idea. Quick question about this whole supporters group name. Are we coming up with the name of the umbrella group or of smaller groups? Because whatever happens with the umbrella supporters group name, all of these ideas should be used for other groups. Heck, I feel like each borough should have their own contingent and individual group name.

You raise a good point. The fact is, at this point I don't know.

I'm glad you brought this up because it brings to light something that can prove to be extremely valuable.

We may be in a good position to set a standard here. We are hundreds of communities that have banded together to form the greatest city in the world. Why not be the banner Supporter Group that all the contingents can fall under.

This stresses the importance of having a name that is all-inclusive (shameless plug: Gotham Supporters Club!). Each of us can still have our own smaller sects but on matchday we cast aside our differences and fight for the common good.

Last edited:
I'm (probably the first fan) from the Netherlands so I obviously like a name with "New Amsterdam" in it, or maybe something with Harlem. But I guess Harlem might narrow it down to just a neighborhood and not the whole city. I also think Gotham City is not really original because it is from the Batman movies, but I don't really know what it means to you and to New York City (can someone explain it).

I'm (probably the first fan) from the Netherlands so I obviously like a name with "New Amsterdam" in it, or maybe something with Harlem. But I guess Harlem might narrow it down to just a neighborhood and not the whole city. I also think Gotham City is not really original because it is from the Batman movies, but I don't really know what it means to you and to New York City (can someone explain it).

I'm glad you asked!

http://gothamcenter.org/faq.shtml

It's a term that's been used to describe Manhattan/New Amsterdam for a long time. Long before a certain Dark Knight.

I think the New Amsterdam goes along with our logo very well too. The orange that has been incorporated into the logo is from the Dutch roots

I like the idea, I just feel New Amsterdam is a little wordy for a supporters group though, especially after adding something after it too.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla