The Gall Of Energy Drink Sc Fans Calling Our Club Man City Lite

jaycrewz

Registered
Mar 2, 2015
Do these guys not realize that Red Bulls branding of their team is far worse than anything CFG does to our club? I was arguing with a Red Bulls fan the other day about this. All NYCFC has to do is change the color of our home jersey and our individuality as a club would be secure. Ive heard Man City fans even claim to be puzzled at how "if NYCFC changed their primary kit, would average fans in New York even think of Man City when they see the team? Because the only giveaway right now in the light blue"

Meanwhile, every single football team owned by Red Bull (and theres several) use the exact same name, colors and logo. They are also forced to use large logos on the front of their jersey, large letters on the back, and Ive even seen marketing on their socks.

You know what bothers some RBNY fans? They fear that as soccer continues to grow with pace, that many young fans will adopt NYCFC. They are afraid of the team with a unique crest that pays homage to its home city. They are afraid of the team with the classy uniform that isnt "in your face". They are afraid of NYers filling up Yankee Stadium and proving again...that NY teams tend to be blue, but never red. Hell, even Sky Blue FC uses orange and blue (they are the women's soccer first division club representing the NY metro area in the NWSL) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Blue_FC

With the exception of the NY Jets and Nets, what other first division team of a major sport does not have blue in their primary colors? And the Nets only recently stopped using blue when they moved into NYC...and tbh I still see them as a Jersey team lol. But let me rephrase my question...whos the only other first division NY metro area team with red as their primary color?

The NEW JERSEY Devils. #NYisBlue

Last edited:
Solution: express pride in our association with Manchester City, a club which went from obscurity to being one of the world's most powerful, thanks to great owners.

Whether or not one is a fan of Man City (I am not), one has to respect that club, and one must acknowledge the fact that their ownership has been spectacularly successful. NYCFC will only benefit from the common ownership, as the club will be known to players from all over the world, and as it can pay what is necessary in order to bring them here as DPs.

As I learnt decades ago when I began facing red-baiting, a person cannot be mocked over something that he/she is proud of. So, whenever anyone brings up our club's link to Manchester City thinking that it is an insult, the only appropriate response is to turn it back on that idiot, and to declare proudly "damn right we're linked with Manchester City!"

I'll let you figure out why my boyfriend and I are horrified by the ownership, identity, and support of your team, and merely hope to see the other NY team lose to my team.

Objectively, the sky blue jersey looks really nice. And there is nothing lite about our club.

I'll let you figure out why my boyfriend and I are horrified by the ownership, identity, and support of your team, and merely hope to see the other NY team lose to my team.

Objecting to the ownership I can understand, but what's your beef with the "identity" and support?

Solution: express pride in our association with Manchester City, a club which went from obscurity to being one of the world's most powerful, thanks to great owners.

Whether or not one is a fan of Man City (I am not), one has to respect that club, and one must acknowledge the fact that their ownership has been spectacularly successful. NYCFC will only benefit from the common ownership, as the club will be known to players from all over the world, and as it can pay what is necessary in order to bring them here as DPs.

As I learnt decades ago when I began facing red-baiting, a person cannot be mocked over something that he/she is proud of. So, whenever anyone brings up our club's link to Manchester City thinking that it is an insult, the only appropriate response is to turn it back on that idiot, and to declare proudly "damn right we're linked with Manchester City!"

Yeah, but that implies that we're all proud of the connection.

LOL troll!! You should be horrified by your ownership....... You know, the one who also owns proven cheaters in the NFL??????

Why? Is it the money? I think its the money. Or maybe soccer specific owners? Ohhhh maybe its the global partnership with worldclass players. How about the realest supporters in the league (look up postgame shit on youtube). Dont be jealous of something your team doesnt have, work to make it better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? Is it the money? I think its the money. Or maybe soccer specific owners? Ohhhh maybe its the global partnership with worldclass players. How about the realest supporters in the league (look up postgame shit on youtube). Dont be jealous of something your team doesnt have, work to make it better. Work makes you free.
Work makes you free?
Seriously?
The Auschwitz motto?
Sorry Scouse, after months of thinking you an odd and occasionally amusing eccentric youth, you're going on ignore.

ETA: RevsGuy is acting like a jerk, but this was over the top.

Last edited:
Work makes you free?
Seriously?
The Auschwitz motto?
Sorry Scouse, after months of thinking you an off and occasionally amusing eccentric youth, you're going on ignore.

ETA: RevsGuy is acting like a jerk, but this was over the top.
Thats my finishing touch lmao

I'd rather have our ownership thank you. The Revs are owned by a NFL owner who keeps them at his NFL stadium and from what I understand (it's been years since I've been up there) there's little to no presence or personal touches as it were to make the place feel like home to the Revs. You have a name that also evokes the revolutionary war and more or less the same colors as your NFL big brothers/sisters . If we're somehow a marketing experiment for an overseas soccer team the Revs are just a way for a giant NFL franchise to garner a few extra bucks for their stadium during the off season. People need to get over this nonsense , you support your local team not the ownership group. Do fans of other sports do this to themselves incessantly ? Does anyone feel their supporting Dolan when they support the Knicks or Rangers? Wilpon when they go to a Mets game? Or do they support the team?

Objecting to the ownership I can understand, but what's your beef with the "identity" and support?
Ownership: Because we're gay, my boyfriend and I (and other unfortunate souls for other reasons) could be castrated, imprisoned, or executed by the rules that your owner has in the country he rules autocratically.

Identity: Because http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-dorsey/gulf-soccer-acquisitions_b_5128487.html. You have Man City's identity, which now exists to varnish over Sheikh's human rights abuses.

Supporters: Because they apparently have no problem with it. And when I bring it up, I'm banned and get an Auschwitz reference (following the lead of the owners again, who deny Israel's right to exist?).

If anyone's deluded themselves into thinking that an owner whose NFL team cheats is as horrifying as helping the world ignore the destruction of lives in the Sheikh's country, you need a moral recalibration.

It's unimportant compared to the aforementioned matters, but I can't believe a NYCFC fan tried to beat his/her chest and belittle anyone on stadium matters, as proof of franchise quality.

Ownership: Because we're gay, my boyfriend and I (and other unfortunate souls for other reasons) could be castrated, imprisoned, or executed by the rules that your owner has in the country he rules autocratically.

Identity: Because http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-dorsey/gulf-soccer-acquisitions_b_5128487.html. You have Man City's identity, which now exists to varnish over Sheikh's human rights abuses.

Supporters: Because they apparently have no problem with it. And when I bring it up, I'm banned and get an Auschwitz reference (following the lead of the owners again, who deny Israel's right to exist?).

If anyone's deluded themselves into thinking that an owner whose NFL team cheats is as horrifying as helping the world ignore the destruction of lives in the Sheikh's country, you need a moral recalibration.

It's unimportant compared to the aforementioned matters, but I can't believe a NYCFC fan tried to beat his/her chest and belittle anyone on stadium matters, as proof of franchise quality.

Nothing wrong with being gay matey but what is the relevance has it got sporting your team? We have a supporter group over at Manchester City called Canel Street blues which is almost 100% made up from gay lesbian and transgender people. They don't seem to have a problem with our ownership, I suggest stop playing the 'victim card' and get on supporting your team! Would imagine there's good few gay and lesbian NYFC fans.

You make good points, but I cant ignore and not support NYCFC because of all this. The NYCFC brand does not do these things...its the owner of the Abu Dhabi United Group that does these bad things.

I'll put it this way...the USA has done some terrible things around the world...but dont many of us still support the US national teams? Im supporting my city when I support NYCFC...Im supporting MLS when I do it to. Im supporting soccer.

Owners come and go...especially in American sports leagues. CFG might be the owners forever, but they might not be too. I just wanna support my local club. The NYCFC brand has nothing to do with what goes on in the UAE. Thats the reality.

Mansour doesn't 'rule' Abu Dhabi, he's half-brother to the President. The laws are indefensible but I'm not sure why Mansour or his investment group bear personal responsibility for them.

Anyway, this is a NYCFC fan forum. You're free to organize a boycott or take it up with the MLS. You're not making a difference by trolling the board.