The Game Grows In New York

So long-commuting to games?

Lol we'll see. My job is now in Philadelphia. Commuting back and forth on mondays and fridays between New York and Philly. So probably good for the weekend games - maybe not week night games.

Unsure if I'll keep my seats for next year. With my luck I will drop them and the stadium will be announced the day after.

Lol we'll see. My job is now in Philadelphia. Commuting back and forth on mondays and fridays between New York and Philly. So probably good for the weekend games - maybe not week night games.

Unsure if I'll keep my seats for next year. With my luck I will drop them and the stadium will be announced the day after.
You're a good man, K Kjbert , but if that's the sacrifice we need for a new stadium, I'll take it. You can have my brick as a way of saying thanks for your sacrifice.

lol idk how I can justify that as growing the game but maybe we can get her on the podcast.

An immigrant from the country that invests the most money in the world by far into soccer and going as a footy parent from the academies of Man U to the youth system in the United States would definitely get a read from me (not that all your stuff doesn't as is.)

Reactions: Kjbert and NYCFCfan
So many questions for Mumsi. It would be like a Howard Stern interview

Reactions: adam
Yeah I've been pushing for that to happen, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask ;)

I believe draftees have two years' of team options at the first two years. We had to pick up Shelton's after last season, no?

Second edition of the series:

http://thenycfcnation.com/2017/07/gginy-tim-parker/

I speak with Long Island native Tim Parker about growing up on Long Island, playing soccer in Queens & Brooklyn and how it felt having 300 people come out to see him play at Yankee Stadium.

Another good article, the series has been great so far, thanks for all the work you're doing on it. Based on the first two interviewees maybe you add to the title: "as told by players we would love to see playing for NYCFC"

Another good article, the series has been great so far, thanks for all the work you're doing on it. Based on the first two interviewees maybe you add to the title: "as told by players we would love to see playing for NYCFC"
giphy.gif

Latest interview: Cosmopolitan Soccer League President Mike Fitzgerald

We all follow the top leagues, but thanks to Christopher Jee Christopher Jee I was able to talk to CSL president Fitzgerald about the league where more New Yorkers play than anywhere else.

http://thenycfcnation.com/2017/10/game-grows-new-york-interview-csl-president-mike-fitzgerald/

He talks about the Lansdowne Boys (cc: Goodfella) and how some teams succeed and why teams struggle. He also talks about the idea of promotion and relegation in the lower leagues of amateur soccer and why it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Latest interview: Cosmopolitan Soccer League President Mike Fitzgerald

We all follow the top leagues, but thanks to Christopher Jee Christopher Jee I was able to talk to CSL president Fitzgerald about the league where more New Yorkers play than anywhere else.

http://thenycfcnation.com/2017/10/game-grows-new-york-interview-csl-president-mike-fitzgerald/

He talks about the Lansdowne Boys (cc: Goodfella) and how some teams succeed and why teams struggle. He also talks about the idea of promotion and relegation in the lower leagues of amateur soccer and why it's not going to happen anytime soon.

nice, we have a couple forum members who play in the CSL

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Really glad you guys got to talk and came up with this article. Even playing in the CSL, a lot of this was eye opening to me.
Yeah, it's something we all seem to take for granted that these leagues are just here. It's a lot of hard (unpaid) work for a lot of people. He's a really nice guy too so it was a fun conversation to have, he was very open and straight forward.