The Jason Kreis Appreciation Thread

Kreis just needs to realize that he actually has a solid MLS XI in the one that was on the field in the second-half. That was our best performance to date imo, things just didn't go our way.
I really don't think it's that simple.

We said "Shelton needs to start, Shelton needs to start" and after he got some starts people were like "back to the bench, back to the bench."

What you get off the bench and what you get for a full 90 aren't always the same...

I thought Kreis did the right thing in having Shelton come off the bench and try to catch Beasley gassed -- or get him there.

Reactions: Gene
Wingert went from the middle to the left, and he might as well keep going past the sideline, because I think his time with the starters is coming to an end the moment Calle is back, but it's going to make us that much more potent, since Calle could carry the ball up the left side -- so long as it isn't so close that he starts shooting.

An aside, rewatching the game now, Hernandez does a really nice job leading the back line. Very encouraging. Very captain-like.

Reactions: Paul and Gavin23
Wingert went from the middle to the left, and he might as well keep going past the sideline, because I think his time with the starters is coming to an end the moment Calle is back, but it's going to make us that much more potent, since Calle could carry the ball up the left side -- so long as it isn't so close that he starts shooting.

An aside, rewatching the game now, Hernandez does a really nice job leading the back line. Very encouraging. Very captain-like.
Not the intended result but Wingert is still better than Brovsky on that side. Facey though...

IF Calle is healthy, I am sure Kreis will get him out there. But he isn't healthy, so it aint.

Well, I'm sure without CFG's resources, our players would be out even longer.

(2 positive posts in a row for those scoring at home)

I've adopted the Mourinho philosophy.
Jose-Mourinho--chelsea-avatar.jpeg

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I'm sorry no one else seems to get the humor in this. We're both being cheated out of well earned rep credits.
I hear ya. I was thinking I'd be buried under an avalanche of others requesting custom avatars too, leading both to fame and fortune across the football world *and* to a lucrative marketing career.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I don't want to toot my own horn but....

Also, glad they're turning it around before Lampard and others come in the summer so credit can go to where it is due.

Reactions: LostAnvil and PB3
Since the Hudson derby, a game I said was a turning point, we have had a draw, loss, draw, win, and win. 8 out of a possible 15 points. :D

Twitter informs me this is the 100th win for Jason Kreis as a manager.

A good one.

Yes, Kreis now has a record of 100-84-68. So he wins or draws 66%. Pretty good that

Yes, Kreis now has a record of 100-84-68. So he wins or draws 66%. Pretty good that
Especially considering his entire career was at the smallest club (well, city) in MLS in the harder Western conference until this year.