The Jason Kreis Appreciation Thread

Then his absence makes more sense. When I saw Johansen in I thought "well this is going to be a loss".

An adductor (groin) strain is a common problem among many individuals who are physically active, especially in competitive sports. The most common sports that put athletes at risk for adductor strains are football, soccer, hockey, basketball, tennis, figure skating, baseball, horseback riding, karate, and softball.[1]

Hip adductor injuries occur most commonly when there is a forced push-off (side-to-side motion). High forces occur in the adductor tendons when the athlete must shift direction suddenly in the opposite direction. As a result, the adductor muscles contract to generate opposing forces.

One common cause of adductor strain in soccer players has been attributed to forceful abduction of the thigh during an intentional adduction. This type of motion occurs when the athlete attempts to kick the ball and meets resistance from the opposing player who is trying to kick the ball in the opposite direction. To a lesser extent, jumping also can cause injury to the adductor muscles, but more commonly, it involves the hip flexors. Overstretching of the adductor muscles is a less common etiology. Next Section: Anatomy

Can Jason Kreis get an injury so he has to sit out for a couple of matches. I'm sure that someone else on the bench can do it better than him. Hell give Claudio Reyna a shot.

Reactions: Gavin23
Can Jason Kreis get an injury so he has to sit out for a couple of matches. I'm sure that someone else on the bench can do it better than him. Hell give Claudio Reyna a shot.
Considering Reyna has as much experience coaching as he does GMing, sure. Great idea.

Keep it coming boys.

An adductor (groin) strain is a common problem among many individuals who are physically active, especially in competitive sports. The most common sports that put athletes at risk for adductor strains are football, soccer, hockey, basketball, tennis, figure skating, baseball, horseback riding, karate, and softball.[1]

Hip adductor injuries occur most commonly when there is a forced push-off (side-to-side motion). High forces occur in the adductor tendons when the athlete must shift direction suddenly in the opposite direction. As a result, the adductor muscles contract to generate opposing forces.

One common cause of adductor strain in soccer players has been attributed to forceful abduction of the thigh during an intentional adduction. This type of motion occurs when the athlete attempts to kick the ball and meets resistance from the opposing player who is trying to kick the ball in the opposite direction. To a lesser extent, jumping also can cause injury to the adductor muscles, but more commonly, it involves the hip flexors. Overstretching of the adductor muscles is a less common etiology. Next Section: Anatomy
Reading this made me feel ignorant. Liking it made me feel like people noticing I liked it would think I was smart.

I just don't get the Kreis hate. NYC, as an expansion team, can make a legit playoff push.
Kreis would get a lot less hate this year if his pretty good coaching during the season thus far had actually earned the points that it probably deserved (deflections, 1 PK call for us in 15 games) ...

and this week if he hadn't broken pretty universal footy rules (don't sub CBs who don't need to be taken off on a stretcher) in a devastating meltdown of a loss, against a rival, in the worst possible fashion (forcing his team to go 120 minutes on turf), right before an important game against a tough division opponent.

So, one theory being floated out there ( by me, right now) is that Kreis knew that this summer would be a total roster overhaul. He might have heard that NG and CW would be cut from RSL due to high salaries and declining production with the new braintrust out there. So he picks these guys up, gives them a last run out with the knowledge that they would be cannon fodder this summer.

I really hope they are gone, because it's my only gripe with Kreis, the nepotism with his RSL guys.

Reactions: Gavin23
You keep saying that, but at best there are 3 RSL guys at one time out there. Saunders only played 1 RSL game essentially and Kwame & Velasquez were on the bench or injured the whole time they were there. Wingert (sadly one of the better defenders we have) and Grabavoy are the only 2 true RSLers. Grabavoy who statistically is one of the better midfielders...

You might have a problem with Kreis and his decisions (or his clothes or just his smile etc) but this fantasy RSL nepotism is not the problem.

You keep saying that, but at best there are 3 RSL guys at one time out there. Saunders only played 1 RSL game essentially and Kwame & Velasquez were on the bench or injured the whole time they were there. Wingert (sadly one of the better defenders we have) and Grabavoy are the only 2 true RSLers. Grabavoy who statistically is one of the better midfielders...

You might have a problem with Kreis and his decisions (or his clothes or just his smile etc) but this fantasy RSL nepotism is not the problem.
Making managing decisions against Cosmos and RSL to honor your buddy is awful and may have cost us the cosmos game.

Grabavoy being a statistically good midfielder is evidence that soccer stats have a way to go.

Making managing decisions against Cosmos and RSL to honor your buddy is awful and may have cost us the cosmos game.

Grabavoy being a statistically good midfielder is evidence that soccer stats have a way to go.
What are you even talking about? Honoring his buddy? If you listened or watched Kreis as a player or a coach for 2 seconds, you would learn pretty fast he is a hard man and I'm not sure he has any buddies. Its hard enough finding a pic on the webs of him even smiling.

What are you even talking about? Honoring his buddy? If you listened or watched Kreis as a player or a coach for 2 seconds, you would learn pretty fast he is a hard man and I'm not sure he has any buddies. Its hard enough finding a pic on the webs of him even smiling.
He's got you :)

Its hard enough finding a pic on the webs of him even smiling.
Smiling or constipated? You be the judge.

nTRnSN2.jpg

Reactions: PB3