The Jason Kreis Appreciation Thread

If all these signings are for real we will have a lot better data with which to judge Kreis over the coming months.

#FeelingGiddyLikeA12YearOld

Reactions: Gavin23
I have to give credit to Kreis for his job with Brovsky and Ballouchy. They have improved noticeably since the start of the season. That has to be coaching.

Reactions: Paul and PB3
Terrible substitutions and tactics against the Cosmos. Fucking Kreis.
Im just super disappointed by this game. How could he blow this game? With the way our season is going, and with the fact that we already lost our first derby game...we could have used a nice little Cup run. Im not saying the Cosmos are terrible...but we needed better...especially for our credibility in the NY metro area.

Im not saying we'd really have a huge chance to win the Cup...but a knockout cup competition should be something to take seriously when we don't realistically have the best chances of challenging in the league this year.

can we temporarily re-name this the "depreciation thread":mad:
I do believe the OP was being a "cheeky bastard" when he posted this. But I think you know that and we're offering a bit of cheek yourself.

We're all so spoiled. Expecting your team to not have an utter meltdown in a derby match is A#1 on the checklist of symptoms indicative of being a poor supporter.

Reactions: Paul and BxLio91
I have to give credit to Kreis for his job with Brovsky and Ballouchy. They have improved noticeably since the start of the season. That has to be coaching.
For shame, Tom. For shame. I'm going to blame you for this loss. Can't blame Kreis. He's got a Cup to fall back on.

By God, if he ever gets near our national team, I'm going to have to find another country.

I do believe the OP was being a "cheeky bastard" when he posted this. But I think you know that and we're offering a bit of cheek yourself.

We're all so spoiled. Expecting your team to not have an utter meltdown in a derby match is A#1 on the checklist of symptoms indicative of being a poor supporter.
just having some fun while everyones blaming kreis for this loss, had to do it. but im not going to say fire him. he needs to fix this team with time

just having some fun while everyones blaming kreis for this loss, had to do it. but im not going to say fire him. he needs to fix this team with time
I don't think he should be fired. But I definitely think he should do better managing his squad.

There are plenty of managers who could hold together a 2 goal lead for 30 minutes with duct tape and a couple of fathead posters. Whether it can be done with KWS and Wingert is a question we'll have to wait to answer another day.

Reactions: Gavin23 and Mario
Not that it's an actual excuse but Kreis usually gives lip service to the USOC then puts out mediocre line ups.

I just think he doesn't care about the Open Cup and sees it as a distraction to the regular season. Which it sorta is when your struggling with form and have a 28 man roster.

I'm posting this to say while I was disappointed in Jason Kreis' lineup and tactics last night I wholeheartedly support him as our coach. Last night was unfortunate but we have already begun to see the attractive possession style blossom as the team continues to gel. I'm looking forward to how he mixes in Lampard, Iraola, Angelino, and DP3 into the squad to make us better.

Not that it's an actual excuse but Kreis usually gives lip service to the USOC then puts out mediocre line ups.

I just think he doesn't care about the Open Cup and sees it as a distraction to the regular season. Which it sorta is when your struggling with form and have a 28 man roster.
Wish he'd have not run Mix out for 120 on that shit turf, then. That's what I don't get - his lineup was not a "don't give a shit lineup" and then his decisions were. He managed to do the absolute worst thing on both fronts. Shockingly bad.

I'm posting this to say while I was disappointed in Jason Kreis' lineup and tactics last night I wholeheartedly support him as our coach. Last night was unfortunate but we have already begun to see the attractive possession style blossom as the team continues to gel. I'm looking forward to how he mixes in Lampard, Iraola, Angelino, and DP3 into the squad to make us better.
Well said. But last night was a real head scratcher.

Sometimes I get the feeling he's a great coach everywhere except match day.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Well said. But last night was a real head scratcher.

Sometimes I get the feeling he's a great coach everywhere except match day.
It seems like every risk he takes blows up in his face. Sooner or later they're gonna start working out

Wish he'd have not run Mix out for 120 on that shit turf, then. That's what I don't get - his lineup was not a "don't give a shit lineup" and then his decisions were. He managed to do the absolute worst thing on both fronts. Shockingly bad.
True but he did give Mix a break and didn't start him against Montreal. Also he didn't play Villa at all. Why? Because he was saving the captain from getting tired for the next match and his knees from the plastic lacrosse field.

Plus when you start Johansen over Saunders you've already signaled your intentions.

That's how I feel too. When I saw the lineup before the game I thought that he was obviously using it to rotate in some players who don't get regular minutes, but it didn't look like a phoning it in lineup. That lineup could have won, the tactics late in the game are what lost it.

Plus when you start Johansen over Saunders you've already signaled your intentions.

Yeah, but on the other hand, Saunders won't be as good as he's been forever and Johansen needs minutes if he could potentially end up in a bigger role for us down the line. The cup is the best place to give him minutes and save Saunders for the league. Doesn't automatically mean we were expecting to lose.

That's how I feel too. When I saw the lineup before the game I thought that he was obviously using it to rotate in some players who don't get regular minutes, but it didn't look like a phoning it in lineup. That lineup could have won, the tactics late in the game are what lost it.

Yeah, but on the other hand, Saunders won't be as good as he's been forever and Johansen needs minutes if he could potentially end up in a bigger role for us down the line. The cup is the best place to give him minutes and save Saunders for the league. Doesn't automatically mean we were expecting to lose.
Then okay play Meara. Why go with goalie #4 who hasn't even done well in the USL?

Reactions: leilanikali420
Then okay play Meara. Why go with goalie #4 who hasn't even done well in the USL?

Because Meara won't be around next year. As soon as I saw this lineup I thought it was a clear sign that Kreis has decided he's not going to waste minutes between the posts on a loanee anymore

Reactions: FootyLovin