The Jason Kreis Appreciation Thread

On the front page of NYCFC.com, Poku is up for player of the month.

In Kreis' genius mind:
“If [we do] not [play with two forwards] , there will be an opportunity for a guy like Poku to come in and contribute from a starting role. The last time he did that, he did pretty well (two goals vs. Cosmos). We’re definitely not fearful about the guys who have to step in and contribute this weekend in the attacking half of the field.”

So he is the sixth best midfielder in Kreis' little salt lake head. He can only play if there are 5 midfielders on the pitch and one of them is away on intl duty. Notice he is saying he can start, so another nail in the fitness coffin.

Reactions: Paul and Gavin23
Oh course he mentions his RSL love-child first. And surprising, they would allow Kreis to refer to Mix as Diskerud. I haven't seen Diskerud anywhere on NYCFC.
Especially odd for Twitter. That's 5 wasted characters.

Just quickly pointing out that Angelino was listed as injured, then came on and played the second half with absolutely no sign of being injured. So... Wingert started over him by choice.
That's what I thought! When he came on to start the second I was in the stands shouting "Holy crap! That's Angelino coming on. I thought he was injured! How is he playing today? This is awesome! But what happened?!?"

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Just quickly pointing out that Angelino was listed as injured, then came on and played the second half with absolutely no sign of being injured. So... Wingert started over him by choice.

There were some conspiracies flowing around about Lampard and his debut. I didnt really buy them.

Now this? This is believe 110%. Kreis prioritizes his nepotism for his favored players over the health of the team.

I honestly feel like in the team itself there is less and less respect from him. I doubt the new world star arrivals are going to respect him much. Only people who probably do are the "MLS Veterans" with no future who will suck up to him for game time...leaving the real talent and potential on the bench or worse.

#Kreisout

That's what I thought! When he came on to start the second I was in the stands shouting "Holy crap! That's Angelino coming on. I thought he was injured! How is he playing today? This is awesome! But what happened?!?"
And yet people will act like I'm crazy for calling the Lampard injury bullshit. Hell, as best I can tell, others here and myself are the few people on the up and up throughout it all.

There were some conspiracies flowing around about Lampard and his debut. I didnt really buy them.

Now this? This is believe 110%. Kreis prioritizes his nepotism for his favored players over the health of the team.

I honestly feel like in the team itself there is less and less respect from him. I doubt the new world star arrivals are going to respect him much. Only people who probably do are the "MLS Veterans" with no future who will suck up to him for game time...leaving the real talent and potential on the bench or worse.

#Kreisout
You're a bit crazy Gavin.

Angelino has only been here a couple weeks and he's only 18. Maybe he did tweak his ankle, maybe he didn't.

But I think Kreis is easing him into the situation and easing Wingert out.

I've got no problems with it.

Unbeaten 6 of the last 7. :D

Reactions: MagnusPax
You're a bit crazy Gavin.

Angelino has only been here a couple weeks and he's only 18. Maybe he did tweak his ankle, maybe he didn't.

But I think Kreis is easing him into the situation and easing Wingert out.

I've got no problems with it.

Unbeaten 6 of the last 7. :D

k...

The good news is that Angelino demonstrated so much quality that he cannot possibly not play him. I'm admittedly a bit of a Kreis apologist (at least for this year) but we've only got this guy for 16 more games, so we need to run him out there. Fortunately, KWS's ineptitude probably means Wingert at CB this weekend which should open the door.

Poku is a better player for sitting on the bench and observing. Not to mention he's become a better player from Kreis's tutelage.

Thank you, Coach Kreis, for bringing this player up to speed the right way unlike say Klinsmann and Julian Green.

#KreisTheRedeemer

Poku is a better player for sitting on the bench and observing. Not to mention he's become a better player from Kreis's tutelage.

Thank you, Coach Kreis, for bringing this player up to speed the right way unlike say Klinsmann and Julian Green.

#KreisTheRedeemer

"You're a bit crazy NYCFCFan"

#KreisTheRedeemer
Fuck him for subjecting us to more than 1 min of Grabavoy. Oh and Wingert too.

Reactions: Gavin23

#KreisTheRedeemer
Regardless if it was the wrong or right approach, you cannot deny the results.