The Joke That Is Tfc

They went forward with big plans and big money with a very shaky foundation. Nelson wasn't a good coach. They had no depth on the bench and with that they thought they could make it happen. Stupid.

The rumors of getting Bob Bradley as overlord/czar of TFC is the absolute best thing they could do.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm not too keen on the TFC situation beyond knowing they're leadership is in shambles and Michael Bradley seems to be the only one on the pitch that gives a shit. How bad does it need to get before MLS steps in? How are their attendance and viewership numbers compared to the rest of the league - is it any worse or better than Chivas USA?

Sure the situation is terrible from a results POV and all things suffer because of it. But it's no where near what cluster that Chivas is. No where close.

I'm not too keen on the TFC situation beyond knowing they're leadership is in shambles and Michael Bradley seems to be the only one on the pitch that gives a shit. How bad does it need to get before MLS steps in? How are their attendance and viewership numbers compared to the rest of the league - is it any worse or better than Chivas USA?

I routinely hear MLS analysts bemoan TFC's fate because the fans are some of the best in the league. Not sure if that's true, but BMO looks like it's regularly filled compared to a lot of stadiums around the league.

Moreover, much of this trouble stems from a power struggle in the front office which was just won by a MLS former employee. No way MLS is stepping in in that situation.

Reactions: einwindir
TFC is doing great at the gate due mainly to a large STH base and they have a phenomenal location. In fact, they are set to expand the stadium to 30k next season.

I routinely hear MLS analysts bemoan TFC's fate because the fans are some of the best in the league. Not sure if that's true, but BMO looks like it's regularly filled compared to a lot of stadiums around the league.

Moreover, much of this trouble stems from a power struggle in the front office which was just won by a MLS former employee. No way MLS is stepping in in that situation.
O ok. So the issues regarding the club are strictly local management. It's not like TFC is in danger of being taken over by MLS or anything.

Nope but the management is hilariously bad.

They never give anything enough time to be something.

Well maybe they have made the right step in getting rid of an incompetent manager who was an overrated player.

Recall someone on here suggesting they would go unbeaten this season. There wasn't a chance in hell of that happening. No team is based on 2 players and being a far better, proven manager Kreis will know that.

I read the article and then read through the thread and I'm thinking Damn I actually suggested they have a chance to do something big this year like go unbeaten. Maybe it slipped through the cracks and no one will remember. Nope I was wrong hahaha

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
So with his comment that new DP's are coming in for the next season it definitely puts Bradley/Defoe on the map for us. I know a lot of us suggested that our next Dp will be a USMNT player and that would be a great signing for us. Also the guy just needs to keep his mouth shut.

What would NYCFC give up for them? Certainly not a transfer fee, because that would be part of the budget cap. Top college draft pick? TFC already has 4 picks coming up for the first round? Players? NYC only has 6 right now.

Hard to see them getting Bradley and Defoe is only going back to England.