The Lampard Curse?

FredMertz

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 2, 2014
I can not be the only person to have noticed City has dropped 5 points in 3 games since formalizing Frank's extension, can I?

And it doesn't look to be getting any better with a suspect back line and a trip to Stanford Bridge.

A few more dropped points at home and a defeat to Barcelona could have Frankie in the Bronx by April Fool's Day.

Seriously, though, if the results continue to sag, Toure comes back and the addition of Bony crowds the front 6 or front 7, is there any chance FL gets an early release?

I can not be the only person to have noticed City has dropped 5 points in 3 games since formalizing Frank's extension, can I?

And it doesn't look to be getting any better with a suspect back line and a trip to Stanford Bridge.

A few more dropped points at home and a defeat to Barcelona could have Frankie in the Bronx by April Fool's Day.

Seriously, though, if the results continue to sag, Toure comes back and the addition of Bony crowds the front 6 or front 7, is there any chance FL gets an early release?
I think its more to due with Toure leaving than anything. Saw a stat that they haven't won a game without him in a long time, although it wasn't too many games he missed.

I also don't think there is a chance of FL coming back only for the reason that it would signal defeat from City, which no team would ever do unless its mathematically possible they will not win. Hell, United hasn't even signaled defeat yet and there is absolutely no chance they win the title.

I know this is triple hearsay or even worse, but the first weekend after things sort of sorted out I saw a tweet [which I now can't find] saying that a reporter [I don't remember who] interviewed on the NBC Premier League Saturday morning show claimed he was told that if MC were officially eliminated from both PL and CL early enough to make a difference (eg not the next to last week of the season) he would come to NY earlier.

Good! I hope they lose every competition they're in. Yes, I'm still bitter about Lampardgate.

im not sure I want him here early to be honest. The man has made his choice, and it wasn't us.