2022 U.S. Open Cup

Semifinal matches tonight on ESPN+

Orlando vs. Red Bulls (7:30 PM ET)
Sacramento vs. Kansas City (10:30 PM ET)

Final Hosting Priority is:
1. Orlando
2. Kansas City
3. Red Bulls
4. Sacramento

Don't want either Orlando or Red Bulls to win the Cup, but one of them has to go to the final...

i'd prefer orlando went to the final and SKC/Sac win :)

Reactions: Vallos and Shwafta
No Red Bull please. It's delicious that they still have no Cup of any kind.

...by the way, does it bother anyone else referring to the Red Bulls as the cows, or worse, pink cows, as a way to insult/demean them? (not to single you out Moogoo, lots of people do but your post reminded me). A cow is the female form of the species; a bull is male. So that's the insult? To me that's on par with "you throw like a girl." Pink too, it's the girly (or gay?) color. Am I missing something?

Just throwing that out there. Would prefer the "energy drink marketing vehicle" angle.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

...by the way, does it bother anyone else referring to the Red Bulls as the cows, or worse, pink cows, as a way to insult/demean them? (not to single you out Moogoo, lots of people do but your post reminded me). A cow is the female form of the species; a bull is male. So that's the insult? To me that's on par with "you throw like a girl." Pink too, it's the girly (or gay?) color. Am I missing something?

Just throwing that out there. Would prefer the "energy drink marketing vehicle" angle.

Red Calves? Then we’re just calling them a bunch of babies.

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny and moogoo

wasn't going for any particular gender based insult by calling them cows. i just think cows are less threatening/intimidating than bulls and so it's more disrespect. never even thought of the gender angle. girls play soccer too!

Reactions: adam
wasn't going for any particular gender based insult by calling them cows. i just think cows are less threatening/intimidating than bulls and so it's more disrespect. never even thought of the gender angle. girls play soccer too!

Pigeons aren’t very threatening either. We should have gone with Rats. Even Roaches will make someone scream before a pigeon...

Reactions: Marito
Pigeons aren’t very threatening either. We should have gone with Rats. Even Roaches will make someone scream before a pigeon...

a single pigeon no... but if a whole flock is coming at you, tell me you wouldn't run. and with regards to rats.. pigeons are essentially flying rats.

Jersey gets burnt by questionable refereeing as the flag goes up, they stop playing, the ref waves it on and Orlando scores. RBNJ getting blown out 4-1 with about 10 minutes left.

Still no cups to be found to pour your beer in at RBA.

it's so beautiful that they get screwed by questionable refereeing considering how many wins/ties they've had against us for the same.

it's so beautiful that they get screwed by questionable refereeing considering how many wins/ties they've had against us for the same.
The scoreline was 3-1 already at that point. Wouldn't have mattered.