Upcoming Forum Updates

Yeah. Killed my Quordle stats. Not a big deal. Time to start a new streak.
I've totally gotten sucked in by NYT directing me from Qwordle to Spelling Bee. I no longer care about my Qwordle streak. But get me to that last box on Spelling Bee ...

A couple of things that are more of an observation than a complaint. On iOS dark mobile, I find it very difficult to distinguish between threads that have no new posts vs. threads that I have read. The other thing which is even less important, I use the new post button almost exclusively, and now having to click into the menu on the left to then click the button is just another extra key stroke that I find annoying but could get use to quickly

Last edited:
The other thing which is even less important, I use the new post button almost exclusively, and now having to click into the menu on the right to then click the button is just another extra key stroke that I find annoying but could get use to quickly
SAME

Reactions: VernonJohn
A couple of things that are more of an observation than a complaint. On iOS dark mobile, I find it very difficult to distinguish between threads that have no new posts vs. threads that I have read. The other thing which is even less important, I use the new post button almost exclusively, and now having to click into the menu on the left to then click the button is just another extra key stroke that I find annoying but could get use to quickly
Same for both of these.

So dark mode is the same as we had before. That shouldn’t have changed anything. We just updated to the new version. I’ll have to look into that. I’m off tomorrow and will spend much of my day fine tuning everything.
For the new post, yes that’s annoying. It was an add-on with the previous version. Need to look into that and get it positioned where we had it before for easier access.

Definitely keep the feedback coming. The last version we had for like 3 years and it took some fine tuning at first to get everything perfect. This will be much of the same.

So dark mode is the same as we had before. That shouldn’t have changed anything. We just updated to the new version. I’ll have to look into that. I’m off tomorrow and will spend much of my day fine tuning everything.
For the new post, yes that’s annoying. It was an add-on with the previous version. Need to look into that and get it positioned where we had it before for easier access.

Definitely keep the feedback coming. The last version we had for like 3 years and it took some fine tuning at first to get everything perfect. This will be much of the same.
Thanks for taking care of it!

One thing i noticed on mobile is that notifications don't show up? Or maybe I'm just going crazy?

Any idea as to why forum access works on phone but not at a desktop computer?

Cleared cookies and history and cache on desktop. Also tried opening site from a different browser never used to access site previously (Edge rather than Chrome).

At this point, more curious than annoyed.

Cleared cookies and history and cache on desktop. Also tried opening site from a different browser never used to access site previously (Edge rather than Chrome).

Having same issue.

Having same issue.
This is kind of at the edge of my tech knowledge, but I think there's a good chance the DNS servers you rely on are failing to update the server change that NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan implemented.
DNS servers translate web addresses like missoccer.com and nycfc.com into IP numbers that computers use. Every time you type a web address, click a link, or open a bookmark the DNS server steps in between your computer and the web server you are trying to reach. Assuming you have not already set your own DNS servers, they are set by your ISP.
There are plenty of articles from reputable sources that explain how it works, why you might want to do it, how to do it, and how to pick safe and good public DNS servers. The method varies depending on your OS.
I have done it, though not recently, and it's pretty easy. Pick good DNS servers and besides hopefully fixing this you're likely to see a small improvement in web response and load times.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYCFC_Dan and JayH
I think because the previous host was a large scale company. They host enterprise and private like us. The current host is Xenforo only and would likely be classified by your work filters as a ‘message board’ ‘social’ and therefore blocked.
It’s crappy, I’m sorry.
Not something I took into consideration.

I’ll send them a support ticket to get an official answer.

Reactions: JayH
Thanks for taking care of it!

One thing i noticed on mobile is that notifications don't show up? Or maybe I'm just going crazy?
Dark mode?
I need to look into it. It’s the same skin we had before but no longer has the notifications in the top. You have to click the 3 lines on the top left which shows unread posts and alerts. I took care of some stuff Sunday. Woke up sick middle of the night and slept till 12 today but I’ll be tinkering today.

Reactions: Shwafta
Dark mode?
I need to look into it. It’s the same skin we had before but no longer has the notifications in the top. You have to click the 3 lines on the top left which shows unread posts and alerts. I took care of some stuff Sunday. Woke up sick middle of the night and slept till 12 today but I’ll be tinkering today.
oh, notifications are in there now! thanks. I missed that!

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
So I’ll add a photo. The thread on top I have not read yet vs. The two underneath which have been read. I know there is a contrast in that the top on is bolded, but I still find it hard to differentiate. Can you make the box or the letters a different tint of grey for those that have been read vs the ones that haven’t been read as well? Just a little more contrast would help in my opinion
461C8ED9-61BD-4181-B710-C22B8B4DD02E.png

oh, notifications are in there now! thanks. I missed that!
If you have an alert (thread response, post like, quote, etc) it will have the amount of alerts in red on top of those 3 lines.
So I’ll add a photo. The thread on top I have not read yet vs. The two underneath which have been read. I know there is a contrast in that the top on is bolded, but I still find it hard to differentiate. Can you make the box or the letters a different tint of grey for those that have been read vs the ones that haven’t been read as well? Just a little more contrast would help in my opinion View attachment 12266
I think that’s how it was before?
I couldn’t modify the box. Only thing I could do is make the unread text blue like ‘Filters’ is. I’ll look into that as well. Have a note opened up with everything that needs to be taken care of written down.

Reactions: Shwafta and JCMore
I can also add this widget. It’s active now so I can get some feedback. Shows most recent posts and if you click on the latest post link it takes you to all new posts.
CCEA5C50-C8D8-4D00-81D6-F9B7E1C0FFCD.png

I can also add this widget. It’s active now so I can get some feedback. Shows most recent posts and if you click on the latest post link it takes you to all new posts.
View attachment 12269
i like the BLUE NEW icon and no widget. personally, i think it adds clutter.
I might be missing something, but I don't see what widget you're talking about?