USMNT Talk

Will try the chat for tonight’s game. There’s a chance we can’t use it anymore until I migrate us to a new, improved server. We’ve been on the current one for 4+ years and after contacting our host it appears we have nearly exhausted it. The chat sends a lot of commands and often to the server which as of late has caused issues as we are nearing our limit in space.

giphy.gif

How’d he look?? I was unable to watch the game

edit: just searched his name on Twitter. The secret is out. So glad he’s finally getting the recognition he deserves! Let’s enjoy him as much as we can before he moves on

Sands will 100% move to Europe this summer. This was definitely the game that will raise all the eyebrows. Very rare to have a player of his composure play so freakin' well.

Sands will 100% move to Europe this summer. This was definitely the game that will raise all the eyebrows. Very rare to have a player of his composure play so freakin' well.

not yet. he needs to show he can play this well against a quality opponent. play like this vs mexico (if we get there) and it'll be 100%

not yet. he needs to show he can play this well against a quality opponent. play like this vs mexico (if we get there) and it'll be 100%
You're right, but this is the game that still raises the eyebrows and puts the light there.

...Also I waas correct, Doyle gushing over Sands. He wants to see more Sands hah. GIVE US MORE SANDS!

Good love for Sands here:

Reactions: Shwafta
Honestly, it was great finally having the rest of the USMNT world see what we all see in Sands. At halftime last night I just searched "James Sands" on Twitter and it was full of many non-NYCFC fans gushing about him.

Yeah, it was Martinique, and there's definitely something to consider about that, but he took full advantage and showed many skills that will translate over against higher quality opponents (his defensive positioning, deciding when to be aggressive and when to stay back, his movement to make himself an outlet in possession, and as Doyle pointed out, his ability to move defenders (I truly wonder if this is something he learned from Pirlo) in order to open up the pass he wants to make).