USMNT Talk

So am I. Turn the whole thing over, but no need to rush. I'd rather it not take a full year like 4 years ago, but this summer is fine.
Exactly why I think the backlash of hiring Hudson is a bit much.

Yeah, he’s not a good coach. But who are you going to bring in for a several month period that they know as they are coming in they aren’t getting the full time job? The only requirements for now are that they have experience being a head coach somewhere.

Glad we’re starting fresh. Question is do we go outside the US for sporting director & GM? Can you imagine wooing Ferran or someone of his ilk to take over the USMNT program? Or this is really crazy but we have so many talented people in this country outside of soccer we go full Ted lasso and get someone like Theo Epstein to try his hand at it. Either of those directions would create a nice buffer away from the old boys club that the program has devolved into. Which I believe was one of the big reasons behind Stewart & McBride’s dismissals.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Exactly why I think the backlash of hiring Hudson is a bit much.

Yeah, he’s not a good coach. But who are you going to bring in for a several month period that they know as they are coming in they aren’t getting the full time job? The only requirements for now are that they have experience being a head coach somewhere.
I would have used it as a development opportunity. Hate to use the name here, but give it to someone like Ned Grabavoy, who’s a young up and coming assistant in MLS. Or a really good USL manager who has potential for growth. Hudson is just a lazy choice.

and johnson didn't even get the start ? that's rough.
Saw one of the post-match interviews, don’t remember which player it was, but they basically said Johnson was a leader and like having another coach.

I would have used it as a development opportunity. Hate to use the name here, but give it to someone like Ned Grabavoy, who’s a young up and coming assistant in MLS. Or a really good USL manager who has potential for growth. Hudson is just a lazy choice.
I understand wanting that perhaps, but I’d rather have someone established who has experience leading training sessions and managing game days. Especially with the youth that are in this camp and will be in the next one.

Reactions: adam and FootyLovin
Isn’t as good as just breaking off North & Central America from Concacaf. But it’s a start. Really should just get rid of Gold Cup now. Dumb to have a tournament every year. Copa just became our Euros. So we get a major tournament every 2 years.

1674837256913.png

Hosting and playing in the 2016 Copa was the perfect on-ramp to the 2018 World C....
never mind.

Honestly this is good. But I have low expectation that Concacaf and the Gold Cup are going away.
Agreed. But gold cup should really become a Caribbean nation tournament for all the teams that don’t quality for Copa. Not fair to have the best teams in confederation plays GC-CA-GC-WC in back to back years while also playing nations league too (and WC qualifying in cycles we don’t host WC). Most the GC teams aren’t even playing in CÁ & WC, so they’d also be on an every other year schedule.

Ok who’s next? Probably should focus on the back line. (And don’t forget there’s also an English player on the team who got his start in a small American club in the Bronx as well. He even scored a goal today.) USA fan fiction in full effect!

0B76FFB7-0146-41EC-B41B-92C61B932765.jpeg

The amazing talent Gio Reyna had had not scored in consecutive games in more than 2 years before doing so last week.
Then he finally broke that streak, and coach Gregg Berhalter Edin Terzić DNPd him the very next game, as Dortmund defeated Team Aspirin 2-0 today while Reyna sat as an unused substitute.

Since the people who have recently provided Gio game reports didn't bother today I thought I'd fill in.
You know, as a public service, and not being a smartass or anything.

The amazing talent Gio Reyna had had not scored in consecutive games in more than 2 years before doing so last week.
Then he finally broke that streak, and coach Gregg Berhalter Edin Terzić DNPd him the very next game, as Dortmund defeated Team Aspirin 2-0 today while Reyna sat as an unused substitute.

Since the people who have recently provided Gio game reports didn't bother today I thought I'd fill in.
You know, as a public service, and not being a smartass or anything.
I actually enjoyed this direct game review. I think we need a "Garbo Game Review" for NYCFC games that focus only on one player and are 3-4 sentences long. Short, sweet, to the point.

• Haha
Reactions: adam