USMNT Talk

Doesn't matter how many free months you get it still won't be enough time to watch all the various Star Treks LOL
SNW/lower decks crossover was amazing. So was finale of Picard/TNG!

Reactions: Seth
USSF headquarters moving to Atlanta

Anyone else heading up to Hartford on Saturday for USA-Germany?
There saying for people to be on the grounds 3 hrs before kick off due to traffic and delays in the Hartford area. Woof!

Traffic
Expect heavy traffic and delays Saturday afternoon in the Hartford area. Please plan to arrive on the stadium grounds at least three hours before the start of the game.
USMNT

Michael Bradley finally retiring. Legend of the national team

I'll never forget watching this on an airplane and freaking tf out quietly LOL

He received a lot of crap from fans, but he was very good for us. That goal against Mexico was terrific, and this one against Slovenia was so important.

View attachment 13048

Being one of the main faces of the USMNT that missed the World Cup really crushed his legacy. At his peak, Bradley was a much better player than I think most give him credit for. These posts made me look back at his history a bit. He made 41 appearances for Roma over 2 years followed by TFC paying a $10M transfer fee to get him.

He shouldn't play for the national team for a long time.

Playing for the national team is a privilege, not a right. If he wants to act like that, he can find himself on the sidelines. How can he be trusted in a truly big game if he's going to act like that against Trinidad & Tobago. Talk about the wrong attitude.

Reactions: Shwafta
Is this true? Like where? (Don’t disbelieve you, just wondering)

That was certainly my reading of the general internet sentiment for him by the end of his Barca and AC Milan stints. Maybe it was a little different at Ajax. I think the general feeling there was that fans were happy they squeezed every possible penny out of Barca for him. I don't remember seeing too many people being sad to see him go. Same with the Dutch when he chose the US. I can't remember reading many comments outside of "Meh, he was never going to be a regular for us anyway"

Reactions: Kenny
Dest is an original personality, that's for sure. Always seems to be quite individualistic and not always geared to the team. This is a guy whose team lost 4-0 to Arsenal, and he then posted a highlight reel of his play on Instagram.

He's got to work his way back, and I hope he does, but his personality isn't the best fit for getting that done.

Reactions: Kenny
To Dest's defense...I mean...the sideline referee did not raise his flag and then the ref standing 30 yards away makes a call that the ball went out of bounds?
It's atrocious officiating. I don't see that kind of call happening anywhere in the world at the international level apart from a humid night in Trinidad.

To Dest's defense...I mean...the sideline referee did not raise his flag and then the ref standing 30 yards away makes a call that the ball went out of bounds?
It's atrocious officiating. I don't see that kind of call happening anywhere in the world at the international level apart from a humid night in Trinidad.
The ref was terrible. He also followed Dest around and kept engaging with him as Dest was being pulled back by his teammates. Doesn't excuse Dest in the slightest, but it's poor officiating.