USMNT Talk

Did anyone see the Pulisic Castellanos incident over the weekend? They did not directly interact (at least not in this play) but there was a connection. With the game already rather spicy, Taty gets knocked down by a Milan player, but the ref allows play to continue. The ball is heading to touch, and a Lazio player named Pellegrini tries to shepherd it out to stop play for a throw in- and he puts his hand up as if to signal everyone to let it happen - but Pulisic just scoots between him and the touch line to win the ball which causes Pellegrini to snap and he takes Pulisic down with a horse collar, which gets him a second yellow. Milan scores with the man advantage and wins 1-0. Pulisic is getting death threats. Play to the whistle.

Video should be cued to just before this play.

Did anyone see the Pulisic Castellanos incident over the weekend? They did not directly interact (at least not in this play) but there was a connection. With the game already rather spicy, Taty gets knocked down by a Milan player, but the ref allows play to continue. The ball is heading to touch, and a Lazio player named Pellegrini tries to shepherd it out to stop play for a throw in- and he puts his hand up as if to signal everyone to let it happen - but Pulisic just scoots between him and the touch line to win the ball which causes Pellegrini to snap and he takes Pulisic down with a horse collar, which gets him a second yellow. Milan scores with the man advantage and wins 1-0. Pulisic is getting death threats. Play to the whistle.

yea i saw this when it happened. def. play to the whistle. it's insane that puli is getting death threats. lazio fans stooping to such lows should be embarrassed and ashamed.

I saw it. It was amazing. As someone said on-line, you can take the man out of Concacaf, but you can't take Concacaf out of the man.

Pulisic drew the first yellow on Pellegrini too (a really nasty challenge), and he also drew a straight red in stoppage time. He grabbed the arm of a player to slow down a transition and had to hold on for quite a while before the whistle blew. The Lazio player then retaliated by roughly pushing Pulisic to the turf. Not enough for a straight red for me, but whatever.

Wakte had his usual dry and off-beat take.

I saw it. It was amazing. As someone said on-line, you can take the man out of Concacaf, but you can't take Concacaf out of the man.

Pulisic drew the first yellow on Pellegrini too (a really nasty challenge), and he also drew a straight red in stoppage time. He grabbed the arm of a player to slow down a transition and had to hold on for quite a while before the whistle blew. The Lazio player then retaliated by roughly pushing Pulisic to the turf. Not enough for a straight red for me, but whatever.

Wakte had his usual dry and off-beat take.

Lol Watke with the apparently sportsmanship is some new age ideology taught to children :D:D:D.

As someone said on-line, you can take the man out of Concacaf, but you can't take Concacaf out of the man.
That's hilarious. No doubt it's true, too. The game has, shall we say, some distinctive qualities over here in the Western Hemisphere. ;)

The guy who drew the straight red is Matteo Guendouzi. I know him well from his days at Arsenal and Marseille (they're my Ligue 1 side). He's a really good player, generally disciplined and professional. It takes a lot to get him to react like that. Puli played him like a Stradivarius.

That's hilarious. No doubt it's true, too. The game has, shall we say, some distinctive qualities over here in the Western Hemisphere. ;)

The guy who drew the straight red is Matteo Guendouzi. I know him well from his days at Arsenal and Marseille (they're my Ligue 1 side). He's a really good player, generally disciplined and professional. It takes a lot to get him to react like that. Puli played him like a Stradivarius.

Lazio probably have the most fascist fans in Europe so death threats from them don’t surprise me sadly.

Nice to see somone else support L’OM. Once upon a time I spent a month in marseille and went to the velodrome 4 times so they are my top side in Europe despite it being pretty annoyingly difficult to get Ligue 1 games compared to other leagues still here .

This Gio Reyna kid is pretty good. Remember when we had that idiot coach that benched him for the whole WC cause he got in a fight with his parents. I wonder what happened to that loser coach? They surely didnt keep him around?

This Gio Reyna kid is pretty good. Remember when we had that idiot coach that benched him for the whole WC cause he got in a fight with his parents. I wonder what happened to that loser coach? They surely didnt keep him around?
I also remember we have a bunch of tiresome fans who are never happy despite consistent winning against Mexico, ignore that the entire team backed the coach over the kid, ignore that the kid can't get playing time from multiple league coaches on 2 teams in different countries, and can't let go even after scenes of coach and player celebrating without any drama or tension.

It's a good thing that sort of sad commentary is on twitter and reddit so we don't have to see it here.

Big Cat Rescue Glasses GIF by Cameo

I also remember we have a bunch of tiresome fans who are never happy despite consistent winning against Mexico, ignore that the entire team backed the coach over the kid, ignore that the kid can't get playing time from multiple league coaches on 2 teams in different countries, and can't let go even after scenes of coach and player celebrating without any drama or tension.

It's a good thing that sort of sad commentary is on twitter and reddit so we don't have to see it here.
QSMNT